Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It's completely the truth. What's not true?

I was being very kind when I said half truth, the reality is, nothing you wrote was truthful.

He's bought shares, he's bought debt that will become shares, he's spent the club's money from sales and TV revenue on the squad....and overseen a disaster of epic proportions.

He's broken this club. We're nowhere with a no-mark manager and a squad as low in quality as at any point in the last three decades. That's down to him. He hired managers, directors, and a DoF and we're lost, completely lost.

Sorry if that's an inconvenient truth.

"He's bought shares, he's bought debt that will become shares"

He bought shares, yes, I think thats the only truth you speak here, not sure what you mean hes bought debt? He paid off our debts, he wont turn that debt into shares, cos then it would lower the value of his current shares, learn to business.

"he's spent the club's money from sales and TV revenue on the squad"

Even if that was true, whats the problem on spending our money on players? What would you rather we spent money on, more lawnmowers? Sacking more managers? Hes invested VAST sums into the club which have allowed us to sack bad managers and buy bad players.

"and overseen a disaster of epic proportions"

We sit in 9th, we finished 7th last season, 9th isnt bad for a club that has finished 11th twice in the last 2 years.

"He's broken this club. We're nowhere with a no-mark manager and a squad as low in quality as at any point in the last three decades. That's down to him."

Hes not a DoF, he doesnt buy players and he doesnt manage the team, its not his fault.

"He hired managers, directors, and a DoF and we're lost, completely lost."

He hasnt hired a single manager or DoF, hes had no say in the day to day running of the club.

Happy to help at all times David.

I was being very kind when I said half truth, the reality is, nothing you wrote was truthful.

"He's bought shares, he's bought debt that will become shares"

He bought shares, yes, I think thats the only truth you speak here, not sure what you mean hes bought debt? He paid off our debts, he wont turn that debt into shares, cos then it would lower the value of his current shares, learn to business.

"he's spent the club's money from sales and TV revenue on the squad"

Even if that was true, whats the problem on spending our money on players? What would you rather we spent money on, more lawnmowers? Sacking more managers? Hes invested VAST sums into the club which have allowed us to sack bad managers and buy bad players.

"and overseen a disaster of epic proportions"

We sit in 9th, we finished 7th last season, 9th isnt bad for a club that has finished 11th twice in the last 2 years.

"He's broken this club. We're nowhere with a no-mark manager and a squad as low in quality as at any point in the last three decades. That's down to him."

Hes not a DoF, he doesnt buy players and he doesnt manage the team, its not his fault.

"He hired managers, directors, and a DoF and we're lost, completely lost."

He hasnt hired a single manager or DoF, hes had no say in the day to day running of the club.

Happy to help at all times David.

• The debt to equity conversion will give him more control and more of the cake when the club is sold post stadium build.
  • The tv/player sale recycling is no different to what we had under Kenwright in the last 2 years he was major shareholder
  • We're 9th in such a piss poor league that coming 9th is a massive failure...and it is a failure at the best of times
  • He brought two managers in and a DoF (you think Kenwright organised that or Elstone?!) and, therefore, he has a massive hand in getting those appointments wrong and the wasteful spending
These are the inconvenient truths.

We're lost as a club. No identity, no plan, no definite manager, no good.

Nope, it was a properly meh appointment all round to be honest. Hopeful optimism but thats it. If anything, it was bullying Southampton which anyone really loved.
I was underwhelmed with Koeman as well but willing to give him a chance. Didn't exactly win many people over in his first year either, which is probably why it turned sour so quickly.

I don’t want a few sackings in the summer, I want a purge. A total Stalinist meltdown where backroom staff and players are living in a constant state of fear created by the omnipotent Iranian who is demanding results and dishing out consequences. Make it so Farhad.

I don’t want a few sackings in the summer, I want a purge. A total Stalinist meltdown where backroom staff and players are living in a constant state of fear created by the omnipotent Iranian who is demanding results and dishing out consequences. Make it so Farhad.
He's clueless mate. There's no answer coming from that source. Our only hope is we get SA out and someone like Silva gets us hitting the ground running and we get momentum.

I think we'll be in real trouble next season unfortunately.

He's clueless mate. There's no answer coming from that source. Our only hope is we get SA out and someone like Silva gets us hitting the ground running and we get momentum.

I think we'll be in real trouble next season unfortunately.
This is my fear too, looking at the table right now and roundabouts where we will finish there is scope for things to get a lot lot worse next season.

That isn’t a testament to Allardyce either, literally any established manager would’ve got us in this position, plus there are some terrible teams in the league this season.

This is my fear too, looking at the table right now and roundabouts where we will finish there is scope for things to get a lot lot worse next season.

That isn’t a testament to Allardyce either, literally any established manager would’ve got us in this position, plus there are some terrible teams in the league this season.
Any established manager would have got us in this position ? Then exactly why would a new manager do worse next season ?

Just pay him off Mosh,he's "achieved his remit" but we're the worst "anti football"in the division,nil satis nisi optimum.

Tell you what Dario, we are gonna have to sell a whole of crap and spend big to get going again.

Keane is woeful
Jags is finished
Baines is on his way
Morgan woeful
Rooney struggles against the top sides
Bolasie inconsistent
McCarthy injured and crap
Niasse not the quality required
Williams finished
Cuco not the quality required

There's 9/10 right there who have had to play far too many games and aren't of the quality to drive us on. I'm being harsh on Rooney there who has done well in patches but we know he can't play that role against top sides.

We are in a right mess and I don't trust Moshiri one bit to be able to sort this out.

Edit - I even forgot Klassen as well Dario.

Tell you what Dario, we are gonna have to sell a whole of crap and spend big to get going again.

Keane is woeful
Jags is finished
Baines is on his way
Morgan woeful
Rooney struggles against the top sides
Bolasie inconsistent
McCarthy injured and crap
Niasse not the quality required
Williams finished
Cuco not the quality required

There's 9/10 right there who have had to play far too many games and aren't of the quality to drive us on. I'm being harsh on Rooney there who has done well in patches but we know he can't play that role against top sides.

We are in a right mess and I don't trust Moshiri one bit to be able to sort this out.

Edit - I even forgot Klassen as well Dario.
I know mate,this could be a real test too for moshiri if he cuts and runs or is here for the long haul,its going to cost a bomb squad wise even without thinking about a new ground.

I know mate,this could be a real test too for moshiri if he cuts and runs or is here for the long haul,its going to cost a bomb squad wise even without thinking about a new ground.

If he has any intention if being here long term he's got to get a grip of things Dario. The DoF is a farce, recruitment is a farce, managerial appointment has been a farce, pay outs have been a farce.

The lack of guts and energy today was embarrassing. Such a gutless squad of imbalanced players. He's signed off all of this, he's agreed to it, he's culpable.

If the stadium goes tits up he will be hounded out anyway but there's no way fans will stand for another season of crap like this one.

Sack Allardyce, sack Walsh, sort the board members out and start acting, sounding like a big club and following up the words with actions.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back