Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
What saddens is we have gone from being spoken about with the top 6 last season to being lumped in the the Leicesters and West Hams of the league.

Absolutely massive summer this, if he had any sense he would be appointing a highly rated manager and thowing alot of money on the playing staff in key areas that need strengthning.

What saddens is we have gone from being spoken about with the top 6 last season to being lumped in the the Leicesters and West Hams of the league.

Absolutely massive summer this, if he had any sense he would be appointing a highly rated manager and thowing alot of money on the playing staff in key areas that need strengthning.

I couldnt care less what pundits and media folk say, or think about us. Most are clueless, some have an agenda, arsed.

Gonna look forward to how they explain away the imminent Spurs implosion. And you can vault me on that.

..he got the Koeman and Walsh appointments very wrong. I think that’s the root of our on-field trouble. The period immediately following the sacking of Koeman was a debacle and must have left him scarred. Ultimately, he might say Allardyce has worked out fine but the true test is him finding the right manager/DoF combination. I think that’s a very difficult challenge but that’s what he has to do, it might involve luck as well as judgement.

I couldnt care less what pundits and media folk say, or think about us. Most are clueless, some have an agenda, arsed.

Gonna look forward to how they explain away the imminent Spurs implosion. And you can vault me on that.

Sadly the media can have an effect on the standing of a club - Liverpool have stayed relevant since Istanbul on the back of being media darlings.

If we appointed an Emery type manager and spent a wad in the summer we would instantly become more attractive to not only players but potential investors in the new ground aswell.

..he got the Koeman and Walsh appointments very wrong. I think that’s the root of our on-field trouble. The period immediately following the sacking of Koeman was a debacle and must have left him scarred. Ultimately, he might say Allardyce has worked out fine but the true test is him finding the right manager/DoF combination. I think that’s a very difficult challenge but that’s what he has to do, it might involve luck as well as judgement.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though isnt it. At the time both were very highly regarded and most people were impressed. Nobody could have predicted how that would turn out. They were not bad decisions by Moshiri, just didnt work out.

Hopefully the next pairing is more successful.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though isnt it. At the time both were very highly regarded and most people were impressed. Nobody could have predicted how that would turn out. They were not bad decisions by Moshiri, just didnt work out.

Exactly how some people cant differentiate between the 2 is outstanding.

..absolutely. It’s why I always say I haven’t got a clue about who we should get.

Ultimately, though, it’s Moshiri’s job to get these appointments right and I do think there’s some competency criteria he can employ: a record of building a team as opposed to inheriting one; a good record in the transfer market; a record of improving players performance; tactical awareness, including the management and deployment of an effective playing strategy.

They’re boxes to be ticked, it’s just a matter of finding the right men.

Sadly the media can have an effect on the standing of a club - Liverpool have stayed relevant since Istanbul on the back of being media darlings.

If we appointed an Emery type manager and spent a wad in the summer we would instantly become more attractive to not only players but potential investors in the new ground aswell.

In the infancy of the PL, Liverpool were by a mile the most successful club in England. They do enough to stay in the spotlight, but them having a rubbish season would still be a news item.

Us getting Emery and spending a bundle wont change that. What would, is a steady, thought out, progression. Success in the PL is rarely instant. Failure always is.

Agree. He's had some deserved criticism but appointing Koeman and Walsh isnt one.

Only 3 things I can honestly criticise him on:

1. His public comments

2. Keeping the old guard around the club

3. Not seemingly having a structured plan in place ie. point 2 and keeping Walsh at the club, going from silky football Silva to hoof ball Sam.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back