Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Stones
Lukaku
Barkley
Lookman

All young players who don’t believe in the Everton project.

Something is clearly wrong here and this whole experiment isn’t working at all.

I can see this only ending one way and it’s in the ultimate tears moment.

Lukaku was talking about wanting away from the club 2 years BEFORE Moshiri even came on board, every international break we'd get stories in the media of him talking himself up at wanting to be at another club, coincidentally when he switched agents. Hell Riaola said himself that had he been Lukaku's agent earlier he'd have advised him not to sign for the club period

Barkley could have left without any fuss last summer then, whether it was due to himself, his agent or Chelsea, sabotaged his move at the medical stage and waited 6 months to move costing the club a bigger transfer fee

Stones by all accounts was keen to join Chelsea but the club rightly denied every bid because of the fact they were trying to arrange it before even making a deal, however he was professional enough to accept the move wasn't going to happen and got on with his game before finally getting a move to City the year after hassle free

Lookman, as I've mentioned in that thread, was never meant to be a first team squad member initially, he was signed for the U23s and spent much of the second half of that season mostly playing at that level with the occasional first team appearance. Yes the Dutch bell should have featured him more before his sacking and the other tit definitely should have but only they have their reasons why they didn't.

Very disapointed, for years we all wanted Bill to being someone in, he does and right when they TV money came in as well to help, and we have gone backwards.

He's absolutely to blame for the mess we are in.

Appointed Koeman on a whim, hired Walsh for no apparent reason, targeted nonsense like Witsel and Koulibaly which meant we signed no one of note in Koemans first season, then compounded the issue after Lukaku's sale by sanctioning ridiculous purchases of players in the later stages of their careers.

He's now gone and appointed Silva who no one actually wants bar Moshiri himself.

The mess is completely of his doing. He's a meddler on a vanity run.
That whole bitcoin thing has made you very bitter and cynical

He's absolutely to blame for the mess we are in.

Appointed Koeman on a whim, hired Walsh for no apparent reason, targeted nonsense like Witsel and Koulibaly which meant we signed no one of note in Koemans first season, then compounded the issue after Lukaku's sale by sanctioning ridiculous purchases of players in the later stages of their careers.

He's now gone and appointed Silva who no one actually wants bar Moshiri himself.

The mess is completely of his doing. He's a meddler on a vanity run.
But apart from that he’s been great!

Not a fan but I don’t think the blame is solely on him, we have a board of directors there, a chairman, a ceo, managers, players. All have to take responsibility for their roles and input.
I keep reading on social media how some fans miss the “no money” days, the money isn’t the problem, it’s in the execution. Collective responsibility here. If you look at it, we have recouped a fair bit from sales particularly from some players who I had hoped we could build a trophy winning side with.
Being negative does drag you down and yeah I think we have been underwhelming over the years for various reasons, that takes it toll on a fan depending on how they think about things.
Call me entitled or selfish but I won’t be truly satisfied until we start living up to the clubs motto a bit more, Moshiri or not.
I wouldn't say it's "entitled or selfish" but perhaps expecting "nothing but the best" is a tad unrealsitic. Hell, where we're at these days I could even go for a motto that says "let's not be cack every game" lol

Inappropriate Language
Well done you absolute screff wiff getting a manager who's known for being a [Poor language removed] defensive coach and not getting any players in who can actually defend you complete liability of a toss pot, I despise you with every breath of my being, I hope a hole opens up beneath your feet and you get sucked into what everyone thinks is dark energy.

Sell to buy - I am wondering what the net spend this window is so far? I’m sure we haven’t got anywhere near the 60m (ish) we have spent?

Sell to buy - I am wondering what the net spend this window is so far? I’m sure we haven’t got anywhere near the 60m (ish) we have spent?
...undisclosed fees and loan deals with a sale in mind next summer. They should just about cover what we've seen spent so far.

...undisclosed fees and loan deals with a sale in mind next summer. They should just about cover what we've seen spent so far.

Hold on Dave.

Just want to check.

Have you actually just introduced your new defense in ready for the possibility of us making a decent net spend this summer? Are you really going to try stretch to include fees we pocket for players we sell next summer?

This is very audacious and I wish you the best of luck.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back