Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
@davek #netspend

go goat

Net spend when we factor in eventual fees for the loans of Onyekuru, Williams, Mirallas, Garbutt and Tarashaj (and add them to the £22M already received for Mori and Klaassen) stands at, IMO, roughly £25M-£30M....and there's still time to sell players/loan players with a view to a sale for another two weeks.

So, my prediction of a negative net spend of between £5M and £15M is wrong - as I conceded it would be a few days ago.

It's the spending of a midtable PL club. Which reinforces my overall point that we are past the spendthrift period (which was always based on major player sales anyway)

Net spend when we factor in eventual fees for the loans of Onyekuru, Williams, Mirallas, Garbutt and Tarashaj (and add them to the £22M already received for Mori and Klaassen) stands at, IMO, roughly £25M-£30M....and there's still time to sell players/loan players with a view to a sale for another two weeks.

So, my prediction of a negative net spend of between £5M and £15M is wrong - as I conceded it would be a few days ago.

It's the spending of a midtable PL club. Which reinforces my overall point that we are past the spendthrift period (which was always based on major player sales anyway)
Really? Can you break down the income from loans/outgoings please?

Ta la.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How in god's green earth do you get 25M to 30M net? Are you balancing that with the loan fees for Zouma and Gomes? Come on, man, it's a big net spend, at least 50M and likely more.

£82M spent on fees so far, minus....

£22M for sales already (Klaassen/Mori)

The remainder will be determined by performance, but I;'d say any decent loan season for this lot will fetch:

Williams circa £8M
Mirallas will get us another £5M
Onyekuru £5M
Three million a piece for Tarashaj and Garbutt or £5M the pair.
The sale/loan leading to sale of Lookman and Ramirez (which will surely happen) will get us £20M

...so,

£22m + another £43M form loans to fees = £65M

= effective net spend this window (once Lookman and Ramirez leave) £17M.
EDIT: Besic, Vlasic also will contribute to the balance.

SIT DOWN DAVE

YOU ARE DONE HERE

WALK AWAY

Fees to come for Williams, Mirallas, Vlasic, Besic, Ramirez, Onekuru plus already bagged £22M.....that'll end up circa £15M to £20M net spend this window.

Laughing at those who think the money tree has just had a good shake.

Williams, Mirallas, Vlasic, Besic, Ramirez, Onekuru plus already bagged £22M.....that'll end up circa £15M to £20M net spend this window.

Laughing at those who think the money tree has just had a good shake.

Yeah thats right Dave, keep making up numbers, im sure the really dense people will get sucked in.

Meanwhile, im off to watch vids of ALL the superb players we have signed this window.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back