Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
ygft8.jpg

That may be Dave, but by then we will have a new stadium and if he is to walk away with a large capital gain then surely that must mean that our club is worth substantially more than what he has paid to buy the club... i.e the club should be a bigger more successful club than it is now.
I am not sure that the "pig in a poke" maxim works when you are spending hundreds of millions to buy a club.

I only argue that he has to be under scrutiny. If the stadium is built then it's a move forward in terms of infrastructure. But at what price?

Does this represent overall a great deal for Everton or more a great deal for Moshiri?

I think way too many get caught up in the glamorous imagery of brand spanking new stadiums and dont really give the consequences too much thought.

I know mate. I will explain.

You said buying shares and debt is not investment. Then you said by doing that, (and building a ground, but I said that), he will sell at a massive profit.

Ergo, he is investing.
Investment in a football club is different...or should be if we'd have struck upon a real game changing new owner, as others have but we didn't.

Investment in a football club is different...or should be if we'd have struck upon a real game changing new owner, as others have but we didn't.

Kinda get what you mean mate, it is different.

And I believe it will be a game changer. Not a Man City level, but a changer nevertheless.

As for all those other game changing owners, other than City, who?

This thread was/is as predictable as Wet Spam getting their first league points on Sunday.

GOT/Everton is the only place where a billionaire investor extending his company holdings by buying shares from two incompetent directors can be seen as doom for the club... I mean he is not using Thai government money or spending his dildo dollars here..... Yes he may well make money on this investment - shocking!!

He's buying up shares and debt. Neither of which I would call investment. He's doing that to get into a position whereby he can use his clout to tether the club to onerous and long lasting debts that will occur if the stadium is ever built.

He will walk away well before that debt is being paid back and he'll get off with a massive profit. How do you not see that?

Bit similar to them over the park?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back