Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
This thread was/is as predictable as Wet Spam getting their first league points on Sunday.

GOT/Everton is the only place where a billionaire investor extending his company holdings by buying shares from two incompetent directors can be seen as doom for the club... I mean he is not using Thai government money or spending his dildo dollars here..... Yes he may well make money on this investment - shocking!!
the only question remaining in my mind is will it be 1 point or 3? Fingers crossed for the former, but I fear the latter.

If he has eyes on a sizeable profit, they have to be mate.

If he loses his shirt, then frankly, so do we. For always been the case.
I'm not sure that's true. I think we had this conversation in the past. He could easily sell up at a big profit and leave the club to others to take on. We could be in massive long term debt still with a lot of the club's revenues secured against a stadium. New owners might still view the club as a good gamble to take because of continued large broadcasting rights and the earnings from a new stadium. But the club would still be paying back over 25 years a debt well in excess of half a billion. In short: it'd be possible for owners to come and go and make cash out of the club, but to do that prudence would be the watchword.

There's a cost/benefit argument to be had over how ambitious a club should be in terms of a new stadium and the best policy for a club. For an owner, that isn't necessarily the case that they should worry about it.

I'm not sure that's true. I think we had this conversation in the past. He could easily sell up at a big profit and leave the club to others to take on. We could be in massive long term debt still with a lot of the club's revenues secured against a stadium. New owners might still view the club as a good gamble to take because of continued large broadcasting rights and the earnings from a new stadium. But the club would still be paying back over 25 years a debt well in excess of half a billion. In short: it'd be possible for owners to come and go and make cash out of the club, but to do that prudence would be the watchword.

There's a cost/benefit argument to be had over how ambitious a club should be in terms of stadium ambition and the best policy for a club. For an owner, that isn't necessarily the case.

We have, had the conversation before that is.

Put it this way, if Moshiri makes the club attractive to new owners, he will make a few bob.

If he doesnt, he wont.

edit. The only issue that might cloud that assessment would be if Moshiri sees EFC as the conduit to the Liverpool Waters riches only. A loss leader if you like. But even if that is a little bit true, the disposal of EFC still depends on the club being valuable.

As in, the two interests, EFC and Moshiri, are totally joined at the hip.

Jon Woods still retains his shares and place on the board.

latest

Thank goodness. What would we do without him?

I do not think so, happen you should look again.

We have, had the conversation before that is.

Put it this way, if Moshiri makes the club attractive to new owners, he will make a few bob.

If he doesnt, he wont.

As in, the two interests, EFC and Moshiri, are totally joined at the hip.
This is the part I dispute...obviously it'd have to be an attractive proposition, but I doubt it would be so in terms of handing over a club not still up to its eyeballs in debt. It'd be the ongoing health of the industry rather than our unit within that industry. Or could be...depending on how any stadium is paid for.

If, when your ban expires, you bother to read this, please note you’re on thin ice with your language.

Not making excuses for our comrade but there is another forum which has absolutely no limit to the language or content used.

I freely admit that I sometimes get confused between this site and that, especially when I’ve had a few.

How come the other site are so relaxed about stuff?
Genuine question and not a criticism I might add.

He's buying up shares and debt. Neither of which I would call investment. He's doing that to get into a position whereby he can use his clout to tether the club to onerous and long lasting debts that will occur if the stadium is ever built.

He will walk away well before that debt is being paid back and he'll get off with a massive profit. How do you not see that?

Into the crystal ball business now?

Not making excuses for our comrade but there is another forum which has absolutely no limit to the language or content used.

I freely admit that I sometimes get confused between this site and that, especially when I’ve had a few.

How come the other site are so relaxed about stuff?
Genuine question and not a criticism I might add.
Because it’s better not to constantly have everyone swearing.

Didn’t your mother tell you that? lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back