Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We had the man in place in Martinez. I just think the mistake that Moshiri made was giving into the massive pressure of the fan base and media to let him go as a sign of the new era of ownership. Yes there were rocky times and awful derby performances in RM's three seasons in charge but the fact of the matter is that he was trying to implement a much more attractive and progressive offensive style of game on a shoe string budget with a group of players that were drilled by Moyes in the rigid structures and negative (yet reasonably effective) style of game. When FM came in, if Martinez was given the funds that the managers since him had to spend (plus that which was wasted on multiple manager payoffs) we'd be looking more like Leicester or dare I say it Spurs of the last few seasons than this one that has no style of play and is wallowing in mediocrity with no light at the end of the tunnel.
You would actually trust the man that signed Niasse, mcgeady, Alcaraz,atsu, Kone, funes Mori, Robles, Traore, Rodriguez, tarashaji and dare I say it part of our family McCarthy with more money ?

You would actually trust the man that signed Niasse, mcgeady, Alcaraz,atsu, Kone, funes Mori, Robles, Traore, Rodriguez, tarashaji and dare I say it part of our family McCarthy with more money ?

Like I said, operating on a shoestring budget who would you have liked to sign? He got in Lukaku who wasn't too bad was he? That was the only time if my memory is right (maybe also Barry) that he actually spent money. Look at who Benitez signed at LFc under Hicks and Gillett on a shoestring or sell to buy budget as a comparison and you'll see similar distinctly average signings. We will never know but I'd take my chance with him over where we've been since, especially based on the one player he did buy when allowed to spend at the top table who was banging in goals for fun.

Like I said, operating on a shoestring budget who would you have liked to sign? He got in Lukaku who wasn't too bad was he? That was the only time if my memory is right (maybe also Barry) that he actually spent money. Look at who Benitez signed at LFc under Hicks and Gillett on a shoestring or sell to buy budget as a comparison and you'll see similar distinctly average signings. We will never know but I'd take my chance with him over where we've been since, especially based on the one player he did buy when allowed to spend at the top table who was banging in goals for fun.
Wow spectacular post up and down like a rollercoaster. For those two initial successful ' loan' deals there's a host of mediocre players.

I wouldn't have a clue about that showers previous owners or garbage signings, I don't see how you've linked Brown shoes to that either really.

Wow spectacular post up and down like a rollercoaster. For those two initial successful ' loan' deals there's a host of mediocre players.

I wouldn't have a clue about that showers previous owners or garbage signings, I don't see how you've linked Brown shoes to that either really.

Yes it has been 'up and down like a rollercoaster' since him hasn't it, regardless of the millions wasted.

We had the man in place in Martinez. I just think the mistake that Moshiri made was giving into the massive pressure of the fan base and media to let him go as a sign of the new era of ownership. Yes there were rocky times and awful derby performances in RM's three seasons in charge but the fact of the matter is that he was trying to implement a much more attractive and progressive offensive style of game on a shoe string budget with a group of players that were drilled by Moyes in the rigid structures and negative (yet reasonably effective) style of game. When FM came in, if Martinez was given the funds that the managers since him had to spend (plus that which was wasted on multiple manager payoffs) we'd be looking more like Leicester or dare I say it Spurs of the last few seasons than this one that has no style of play and is wallowing in mediocrity with no light at the end of the tunnel.
lollollollollollollollollollol

Moshiri seems to have gone very quiet of late.

Is he actually still interested in this project or has he sacked it off?
He waiting for the P.P.
Depending which way that goes two totally different trains of events may happen.
We will stumble on with Silva until PP goes one way or another.
If/When it comes in Moshiri will have an somewhat easier path with better potential and will bite the bullet on Silva and put somebody (hopefully) better.
If it gets knocked back who knows
Assuming (big assumption) as a billionaire accountant he has some grasp on finance and he will be able to get the money from somewhere.

As always with EFC, more questions than answers

The favourites for our next manager are Moyes and Mark Hughes whilst the favourites for the next Barca manager, one of the biggest jobs in World football are 2 managers deemed not good enough for us.
You can get odds on Danny Cadamerteri to be our next manager. Jose is also 14/1 even tho he just got the spurs gig. Wouldn't read into it too much

The favourites for our next manager are Moyes and Mark Hughes whilst the favourites for the next Barca manager, one of the biggest jobs in World football are 2 managers deemed not good enough for us.

I think the lazy speculation of either of them going to Barça is based on one being an ex-player and the other a Catalan and a dearth of other candidates. Likelihood would depend greatly on actual showing at the tournament next summer with their current teams - if either has an absolute blinder (unlikely) then it could be on. If it did happen, I venture neither would likely last beyond a season there.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back