Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Imagine being a blue in the ground last night with their fans ripping us apart. What can you say back? There is no argument, the gulf between the clubs has never been wider.

Not only can´t we win a trophy, that´s now 20 games against our rivals without a win. A whole generation of Evertonians who have missed out on what should be some of the best memories any supporter has.
It isn’t even a rivalry with them anymore. When I was about 15 I used to get really annoyed when they’d say United was their main game because we were an alright team then. Fast forward 11 years and I’m finally seeing Everton for what we are. We’re an insignificant team who are in the league to make up the numbers.

The club don’t deserve such a huge and loyal fanbase. They’ve even managed to deliberately turn the fans against each other on a number of occasions: showing Kenwright’s pie head on the screen after a protest against him, Kirkby fiasco, etc.

I’m close to giving up on the whole thing. I’ve been a season ticket holder for all of my living memory but never felt so disconnected.

It’s got to the point where I get none or very little grief of my red mates. I’ve had one message about the game and everyone of my mates are red
Same. To be fair we're no match for them in any department at all. They are better in every single position. Not one of our players would get in their side.

They generate many hundreds of millions more than us in revenue, have fans all over the world supporting them and have one of the finest managers there is.

They go to the games against us fully expecting a comfortable victory, just like we expect a comfortable defeat. It's sickening.

I have never, ever turned a game off for as long as I can remember, but I did last night and checked my phone at 9 this morning and was actually relieved we only lost by the three clear goals. That says it all.

I regret the day I got the club crest tattooed onto my body as I've had to explain hundreds of times who we are and just had people shrug and have no idea of our existence.

It's a horrible time to be a blue.

It isn’t even a rivalry with them anymore. When I was about 15 I used to get really annoyed when they’d say United was their main game because we were an alright team then. Fast forward 11 years and I’m finally seeing Everton for what we are. We’re an insignificant team who are in the league to make up the numbers.

The club don’t deserve such a huge and loyal fanbase. They’ve even managed to deliberately turn the fans against each other on a number of occasions: showing Kenwright’s pie head on the screen after a protest against him, Kirkby fiasco, etc.

I’m close to giving up on the whole thing. I’ve been a season ticket holder for all of my living memory but never felt so disconnected.

During the Moyes years at least we had a narrative to sell. Plucky Everton who did from time to time upset the big boys, and we actually had a likeable set of players who got what it meant to wear the blue shirt. This bunch are just rotten mercenaries who will never return to Goodison Park again once they´ve left. There´s no connection with the fans.

I only go to the game now when I´m home for holidays but you can taste the apathy. I´m amazed 40,000 turn up week in, week out. Although I expect if we reappoint Moyes that´ll knock at least 5,000 off the figures.

Same. To be fair we're no match for them in any department at all. They are better in every single position. Not one of our players would get in their side.

They generate many hundreds of millions more than us in revenue, have fans all over the world supporting them and have one of the finest managers there is.

They go to the games against us fully expecting a comfortable victory, just like we expect a comfortable defeat. It's sickening.

I have never, ever turned a game off for as long as I can remember, but I did last night and checked my phone at 9 this morning and was actually relieved we only lost by the three clear goals. That says it all.

I regret the day I got the club crest tattooed onto my body as I've had to explain hundreds of times who we are and just had people shrug and have no idea of our existence.

It's a horrible time to be a blue.

They´re killing us, mate. They say you have to go through the darkness before you get to the light but it feels like we´ve entered a black hole.

I’ve supported this man, solely on his business acumen, for the past 3 years. Swallowing my pride with the bizarre decisions he’s made and the even stranger press calls; we all know the Jim White midnight calls and the Lukaku voodoo story.

the sad state of affairs at this club has taken its final corner, we are now looking down the barrel of a loaded shotgun.

myself and others have been sold a lie, under this mans leadership we have lost our identity. The board, the manager, the players and the fans have no idea what Everton is anymore.

the situation is far too close to that of QPR, the man with the money who ripped the soul out of a club and filled it with cash. Buying acceptance with a false dawn and a load of expensive assets.

The owner prevents our DoF conducting his duties and interferes in purchasing, Everton football Club seems to be a game to this man. And with this final appointment of a man who shat on us from a great height, the final nail has entered the coffin. We thought Sam Allardyce was an awful appointment, the situation has become worse.

we now sit 18th in the table, with no fight, passion or importantly, identity. If we manage to avoid relegation, it’s time that Mr Moshiri looked for someone more capable to take over a business he has brought to its knees
*applauds*

I cant believe that I used to say that Bill Kenwright would go down in history next to John Houlding in infamy. Moshiri's regime has made Kenwright's time here look like a golden age for the club.

Moshiri has all but killed us.

He has failed on every single level. All we're waiting for now is the final admission that the stadium scheme is as pathetically out reach as all the others were and we'll see this feller facing massive protests to step down.

He's poisoned us. You're quite correct when you say the very idea of what the club's identity is has been taken away. There's no bigger crime for a football fan. He simply has to go before it's too late.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back