Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
all he had to do was appoint a competent CEO and business savvy board members to deliver the stadium and, although you don’t like the role, a DoF to oversee everything football related.

he seems to like meddling and it’s his toy, that’s now scared me. The thing with the phone calls is bad, really bad. I’m just trying to envision that scenario across the park with Henry phoning Klopp up and telling him to buy Sean Longstaff because he had a good game

if he gives us anything out of this mess then I hope it’s the stadium and he makes a lovely return on his investment to walk away or allow a football man to run the business
He wont deliver on anything, least of all a stadium. Look at the mess Everton are in. Can anyone believe the way we operate is persuading lenders to back this project?

Not a chance. It's been dead for ages this stadium scheme. These events of late are just underlining why it was always a pipe dream.

Mark my words: within 6 months there will be huge protests against Moshiri and he'll fade away until he sells up.

He's spent a lot of money, but hasn't got a bean about football. The issue there is he's making football related decisions when he should have a minor role in operations.

Seeing how well Leicester, Wolves, Spurs and even Liverpool have invested over the past 4-5 years is mental compared with us. This club is tragic and heading straight down the Leeds/Sunderland path unless something big changes.

He's spent a lot of money, but hasn't got a bean about football. The issue there is he's making football related decisions when he should have a minor role in operations.

Seeing how well Leicester, Wolves, Spurs and even Liverpool have invested over the past 4-5 years is mental compared with us. This club is tragic and heading straight down the Leeds/Sunderland path unless something big changes.

Leicester and Wolves owners have footballing AND business nous.

Sadly we kept Kenwrong on who has appointed Denise as CEO all whilst the owner thinks he's Roman Abramavich without the actual appointing of top quality managers.

He's a poundland Abramavich.

I'd like us to sign some English players from the championship. Young and hungry. Some might fail but got to be better than some of these cowardly people bought for big money and on big salaries on our club now

If he is to blame then we all are to blame. We demanded signing after signing and that is what has done for this club, too many choices, not enough stability and players only here for a pay cheque that don't care if the club falls into oblivion.
I know what you're saying but that's not really how it works is it?

Like if you open a pub and sell all your beer for 50p a pint because the customers demanded cheap ale, you can't blame your customers when you go bust. You're the one in charge, you're the one who's supposed to make business decisions. Of course your customers want stuff that makes them happy, but it's up to you to work out how best to do that, or employ people to do it for you. If you just pander to the masses you're setting yourself up to fail.

He wont deliver on anything, least of all a stadium. Look at the mess Everton are in. Can anyone believe the way we operate is persuading lenders to back this project?

Not a chance. It's been dead for ages this stadium scheme. These events of late are just underlining why it was always a pipe dream.

Mark my words: within 6 months there will be huge protests against Moshiri and he'll fade away until he sells up.
Thing is dave, IF the stadium is a no go, then wtf is he here for?...and more to the point, htf is he going to get out from under.
Sell it back to Bill...or more likely - for financial arms length reasons - to Jenny, for a quid and all the incured debt and personal loans etc, is back on to the Club?

Edit; I said years ago that we're just Leeds in slow motion...I think we just increased our speed.

Thing is dave, IF the stadium is a no go, then wtf is he here for?...and more to the point, htf is he going to get out from under.
Sell it back to Bill...or more likely - for financial arms length reasons - to Jenny, for a quid and all the incured debt and personal loans etc, is back on to the Club?

Edit; I said years ago that we're just Leeds in slow motion...I think we just increased our speed.
He's here because like all ego-fuelled people they think they can get it right where others failed. That he'd be the one to get the stadium in place and increase his share value exponentially....and he couldn't resist the lure of stepping out from behind the shadows of a more powerful man to be king himself, ordering a PL club's staff about and making massive (and disastrous) decisions.

Now he can repent at leisure. The fanbase have turned against him and its a matter of time until he finds someone to releive him of the shares and debt he holds.

Kewnright saddled Everton with a nightmare when he brought Moshiri on board. It;ll take Everton a decade to recover to where we were before he arrived.

He's here because like all ego-fuelled people they think they can get it right where others failed. That he'd be the one to get the stadium in place and increase his share value exponentially....and he couldn't resist the lure of stepping out from behind the shadows of a more powerful man to be king himself, ordering a PL club's staff about and making massive (and disastrous) decisions.

Now he can repent at leisure. The fanbase have turned against him and its a matter of time until he finds someone to releive him of the shares and debt he holds.

Kewnright saddled Everton with a nightmare when he brought Moshiri on board. It;ll take Everton a decade to recover to where we were before he arrived.
In the financial world...and Moshiri will know of it, It's called The Greater Fool Theory.

In finance and economics, the greater fool theory states that the price of an object is determined not by its intrinsic value, but rather by irrational beliefs and expectations of market participants.[1] A price can be justified by a rational buyer under the belief that another party is willing to pay an even higher price.[2][3][4] In other words, one may pay a price that seems "foolishly" high because one may rationally have the expectation that the item can be resold to a "greater fool" later.

But surely I hear you say, surely a billionaire accountant would never fall for that bit of arl flim flam
Enter stage left Bill Kenwright
Done him like a dinner.

I'm not normally into having a go at Bill Kenwright but!!

IMO, only Bill could have done the 24/7 search he did, find a genuine money man and then it turns out to be THIS!

Something is gonna GIVE at Everton and it's a very, very sad epitaph to Bill's endeavour at Everton.

With all the business acumen in the world and bucket loads of cash, does not mean you can run a Football Club, Moshri has some huge decisions to make, not least re Silva but much much deeper than that, the Club needs an overhaul top to bottom and it's down to Moshri now, we can only hope he brings some of that acumen and ruthlessness he obviously had to make them now.

IMO, inky Bill could have done the 24/7 search he did, find a genuine money man and then it turns out to be THIS!

Something is gonna GIVE at Everton and it's a very, very sad epitaph to Bill's endeavour at Everton.

With all the business acumen in the world and bucket loads of cash, does not mean you can run a Football Club, Moshri has some huge decisions to make, not least re Silva but much much deeper than that, the Club needs an overhaul top to bottom and it's down to Moshri now, we can only hope he brings some of that acumen and ruthlessness he obviously had to make them now.
I actually thought that, if he was any good he would have emerged much earlier in the 24/7 search. In reality Bill was rummaging around for any investor he could find and eventually stumbled on this fraud.

In the financial world...and Moshiri will know of it, It's called The Greater Fool Theory.

In finance and economics, the greater fool theory states that the price of an object is determined not by its intrinsic value, but rather by irrational beliefs and expectations of market participants.[1] A price can be justified by a rational buyer under the belief that another party is willing to pay an even higher price.[2][3][4] In other words, one may pay a price that seems "foolishly" high because one may rationally have the expectation that the item can be resold to a "greater fool" later.

But surely I hear you say, surely a billionaire accountant would never fall for that bit of arl flim flam
Enter stage left Bill Kenwright
Done him like a dinner.

My mind goes back to an interview Usmanov conducted years ago when he was pretty dismissive of some of the investments Moshiri made on his behalf.

Moshiri was part of a generation of dodgy accountants who were willing to get themselves into potential danger shifting the ill-gotten gains of oligarchs about. It was high paid but high risk. Some of them took a header out of helicopters to cover the tracks of these gangsters. So he gained his wealth for doing a very dirty and dangerous job...a job reputable and far more savvy accountants would have steered clear of. Danger money it was, pure and simple. Anyone thinking that because he had 5% of Metalloinvest handed to him as a reward means he's a genius are badly off the pace.

IMO, only Bill could have done the 24/7 search he did, find a genuine money man and then it turns out to be THIS!

Problem is he has no clue about football,who in their right mind would employ a manager who's last act at his previous club was
five points from 30 in ten Premier League matches?

Will always be unforgivable that Moshiri allowed last nights humiliation to happen.... Last season was mostly uninspiring under Silva, until a slight spark of hope towards the end... This season has been beyond poor for months now, and its been painfully obvious Silva wasn't deserving of any more time....

We were poor in the transfer market in the summer... We've been poor on the pitch, and we've been equally poor off the pitch...moshiri, kenwright and Brands have all underdelivered...

Silva, Boa Morte and Ferguson should of course all be leaving the club this morning.... But there should be atleast one resignation from the board also...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back