Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Whats this about Fraudhard ringing Brands up at 3am in the morning asking him to sign certain players?

Blokes an absolute mentalist.

I'd haven't seen that any where else other than Ped saying it in that video. I'm not sure how he'd know that information as surely that's not something Brands who pass around to people at FF for it to get all the way to Ped.

I'd haven't seen that any where else other than Ped saying it in that video. I'm not sure how he'd know that information as surely that's not something Brands who pass around to people at FF for it to get all the way to Ped.
There was an article on "the athletic" by o'Keefe the other day which said this.

During the Moyes years at least we had a narrative to sell. Plucky Everton who did from time to time upset the big boys, and we actually had a likeable set of players who got what it meant to wear the blue shirt. This bunch are just rotten mercenaries who will never return to Goodison Park again once they´ve left. There´s no connection with the fans.

I only go to the game now when I´m home for holidays but you can taste the apathy. I´m amazed 40,000 turn up week in, week out. Although I expect if we reappoint Moyes that´ll knock at least 5,000 off the figures.

...and that 'plucky little Everton' narrative could have been genuine and also at the same time used for commercial purposes. It's not that hard. LIkeable players, a good attitude, no money, punching above our weight, a likeable club. what are we now?

People seem to think that just because someone has a lot of money, they can be successful in all walks of life. It just isn't true, especially in sport, which is littered with rich people throwing money away.

Ah that's why I didn't see it then. lol
Yeah, said something along the lines of Moshiri bells Brands and Silva at bells in the morning saying stuff like " I've heard Bale is unhappy, can we get him in". Also said the idea of Zaha was Moshiri and neither brands or Silva wanted him. The fellas round the bend.

When Moyes is appointed it will underline what a completely clueless arsehole this man is: he was determined to get the post of DoF in place here, but now he'll bring in a manager who cant work with one and wont want to work with one.

...and some people reckon we'll move into a state of the art stadium at the docks under his ownership.

Unbelievable.

Saw something on Twitter from a Greg O'Keefe podcast that Moshiri rung Brands up at 3am to mither him to sign a player.

Add that to the voodoo comments and McCarthy is family & the bloke seems unhinged.

Don't forget when he called Jim White. I genuinely thought it was a kopite on a wind up. No-way he could be that clueless and come off with such stupid things.

We are royally screwed. We are on the precipice of disaster... more so than at any time since 1997.

Don't forget when he called Jim White. I genuinely thought it was a kopite on a wind up. No-way he could be that clueless and come off with such stupid things.

We are royally screwed. We are on the precipice of disaster... more so than at any time since 1997.

I've said for a while the only way we are going anywhere is if we stumble across an actual quality manager by mistake like Kenwrong did with Moyes.

Outside of that or Usmanov coming on board to call the shots we are in big trouble with this gang of clowns.

*applauds*

I cant believe that I used to say that Bill Kenwright would go down in history next to John Houlding in infamy. Moshiri's regime has made Kenwright's time here look like a golden age for the club.

Moshiri has all but killed us.

He has failed on every single level. All we're waiting for now is the final admission that the stadium scheme is as pathetically out reach as all the others were and we'll see this feller facing massive protests to step down.

He's poisoned us. You're quite correct when you say the very idea of what the club's identity is has been taken away. There's no bigger crime for a football fan. He simply has to go before it's too late.

all he had to do was appoint a competent CEO and business savvy board members to deliver the stadium and, although you don’t like the role, a DoF to oversee everything football related.

he seems to like meddling and it’s his toy, that’s now scared me. The thing with the phone calls is bad, really bad. I’m just trying to envision that scenario across the park with Henry phoning Klopp up and telling him to buy Sean Longstaff because he had a good game

if he gives us anything out of this mess then I hope it’s the stadium and he makes a lovely return on his investment to walk away or allow a football man to run the business

If he is to blame then we all are to blame. We demanded signing after signing and that is what has done for this club, too many choices, not enough stability and players only here for a pay cheque that don't care if the club falls into oblivion.

I agree, we we’re won over by the thought of money and got caught up in it. Walsh on his trips to Italy, then spunking £150m in one summer, Brands the same.

but in all this we’ve lost the club, we have no vision or identity. Koeman to Unsworth to Allardyce to Silva and back to Moyes

there is not one bit of continuity on those appointments which scream Everton. All of them lack drive, and the first 3 are utter self serving charlatans who are more concerned with their own personal image than that of the club

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back