Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
What's mad is when he was pumping money into naming Finch Farm and logos on Goodison we all thought it was great, what mess

I think everyone got carried away.

Years of being skint, to dining at the fine table.

Everything’s been a bit murky, I expected the rumours of the sale as soon as he was sanctioned, because what accountant is a Billionaire?

Don’t think we’ll ever know the true details, but it’s a mess. Weirdly though, had we been set up to operate efficiently, I don’t think it’d be a major issue.

Agree, been looking at this, some agencies have been investigating.

If it turns out Usmanov is the man that controls Everton though Moshiri the club will be controlled by the UK Government with Moshiri, Bill and whoever else was part of the cover up facing criminal charges.... Part of me hopes the Usmanov theory is correct.
Yes, I can't see how today's Guardian publicity helps anybody on the board. Which is good news, for a change.

..."When a third manager was interviewed for the Everton job, the oligarch offered his own money to seal the deal, according to the manager’s associate. “The first talk was with Moshiri and then Usmanov came and said, ‘I want you to do this’,” the spokesperson added."... (Guardian Report)

Embarrassing. Claims that the club is now controlled, financed and managers interviewed (and offered brown envelopes) by Russian blood money.

It has but that money hasn't helped us, if it wasn't for the conflict he might of pumped more money in, and we'd be in an even bigger mess

The fact Mosh Man seems to want investment rather than a full sale suggests Usmanovs involvement.

He'll not want to lose on the BMD and northern development over the coming years. I think their plan is to essentially sell a stake in the club and have someone help with the financing of the club/ground in the hope the sanctions are lifted on the oligarchs in the coming years allowing him back into the fold.

Agree, been looking at this, some agencies have been investigating.

If it turns out Usmanov is the man that controls Everton though Moshiri the club will be controlled by the UK Government with Moshiri, Bill and whoever else was part of the cover up facing criminal charges.... Part of me hopes the Usmanov theory is correct.
if that happened there would be a forced sale a la Abramovic with Usmanov having very little if any say on the purchase price or recovery of outlay. The ground would be a complicating factor but looking at how Chelsea dealt with the issue it could be a good way out of this mess for us.

I think everyone got carried away.

Years of being skint, to dining at the fine table.

Everything’s been a bit murky, I expected the rumours of the sale as soon as he was sanctioned, because what accountant is a Billionaire?

Don’t think we’ll ever know the true details, but it’s a mess. Weirdly though, had we been set up to operate efficiently, I don’t think it’d be a major issue.
Yeah its like we went from one extreme to the other but without actually sitting back and thinking about the long term inplications

if that happened there would be a forced sale a la Abramovic with Usmanov having very little if any say on the purchase price or recovery of outlay. The ground would be a complicating factor but looking at how Chelsea dealt with the issue it could be a good way out of this mess for us.
I think we would be looking at some sort of penalty as a club too, but again this was brought up months ago and it’s old news. Surely if anything was going to happen then statements would have been taken from those managers. Hiding an owner is one thing, hiding a sanctioned owner is quite another.

The fact Mosh Man seems to want investment rather than a full sale suggests Usmanovs involvement.

He'll not want to lose on the BMD and northern development over the coming years. I think their plan is to essentially sell a stake in the club and have someone help with the financing of the club/ground in the hope the sanctions are lifted on the oligarchs in the coming years allowing him back into the fold.
Yeah its even bigger then the stadium, its the region, they want a hand in that

Moshiri just kept pumping money in, as loans, so once he sells and gets his money back it’s all clean.

I think if they could prove it was dirty russian money then something would have already been done, it’s one thing knowing something and quite another proving it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back