Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Moshiri just kept pumping money in, as loans, so once he sells and gets his money back it’s all clean.

I think if they could prove it was dirty russian money then something would have already been done, it’s one thing knowing something and quite another proving it.
Especially when it's not directly from the person in question.

The other question is, how far back do we go in labelling it "dirty Russian money"? It was perfectly legal just 12 months ago. As long as no further money has been thrown in since sanctions then surely people can't moralise in retrospect?

If he actually "owned" the club there would be a paper trail and the security services would've been in there last March. Any off the record agreements between Moshiri and Usmanov aren't relevant if they've followed the rules since March last year surely?

Especially when it's not directly from the person in question.

The other question is, how far back do we go in labelling it "dirty Russian money"? It was perfectly legal just 12 months ago. As long as no further money has been thrown in since sanctions then surely people can't moralise in retrospect?

If he actually "owned" the club there would be a paper trail and the security services would've been in there last March. Any off the record agreements between Moshiri and Usmanov aren't relevant if they've followed the rules since March last year surely?
Yes it’s financed Chelsea for many years, the two things that concern are the hiding of the owner and the start of sanctions. Like i said, I do not think there’s anything they can prove and the money stopped as soon as the sanctions commenced.

Maybe, but you don't do yourself any favours keep backing Bill. He's not the solution he's part of the problem.
To be fair I've said for a while I want him to step down, because I can't see him fixing this mess and something has to force Moshiri.
I backed the time Bill owned the club, we were simply in a better place then, much better, but it was 100% the work of Farhad that took us backwards to this. Everyone wants him to go, but the difference is some blame him for this rapid decline over the last 5 years, which isn't right.

Claims that the club is now controlled, financed and managers interviewed (and offered brown envelopes) by Russian blood money.
chocado-choque.gif

The reality is that Moshiri won’t sell until the stadium is complete. It adds too much value to the club.

Also, our accounts are on the brink of recovering so if he holds out for another year, we’re a much more attractive purchase.

He’s not going anywhere for now.

If he has any sense he’ll see that the fans’ relationship with the board, and the recent history we’ve had with how the club is run isn’t exactly attractive for new managers either.

His best move would be a complete overhaul immediately. New board in place, new manager brought in.

All with the promise that change is the result of our poor performance on and off the pitch, and while he is accountable for it, he is the only person that can do what’s required.

If all of the above happens, the fans will back him and the club and we’d once again snatch us from the jaws of relegation. We just need to stay up for one more season and the new stadium, along with a new owner, will be a new era for us.

The reality is that Moshiri won’t sell until the stadium is complete. It adds too much value to the club.

Also, our accounts are on the brink of recovering so if he holds out for another year, we’re a much more attractive purchase.

If he has any sense he’ll see that the fans’ relationship with the board, and the recent history we’ve had with how the club is run isn’t exactly attractive for new managers either.

His best move would be a complete overhaul immediately. New board in place, new manager brought in.

All with the promise that change is the result of our poor performance on and off the pitch, and while he is accountable for it, he is the only person that can do what’s required.

If all of the above happens, the fans will back him and the club and we’d once again snatch us from the jaws of relegation. We just need to stay up for one more season and the new stadium, along with a new owner, will be a new era for us.
Our accounts are nowhere near being on the brink of recovering mate.

We owe Moshiri 800m and counting.

Our accounts are nowhere near being on the brink of recovering mate.

We owe Moshiri 800m and counting.

Our owner debt is huge for sure, but I mean our books in usual operation of the club. Wage bill is drastically down, we’ve had a big sale, we haven’t spent anything of note etc.

Is this news. Moshiri is a businessman with a net worth according to Wikipedia of £1.7 billion. He’s invested or spent £685 million on Everton. Hard to think of another billionaire who would risk so much of his personal fortune.
His personal fortune hasn’t changed, it wasn’t his money.

Actually as we have to pay it back, he‘s spent OUR money.

Our owner debt is huge for sure, but I mean our books in usual operation of the club. Wage bill is drastically down, we’ve had a big sale, we haven’t spent anything of note etc.
People keep saying our wage bill is drastically down and whilst we have removed some high earners, I think its still stupidly high, but we will have to see what the accounts show.

We lost the free USM sponsorship.

Our accounts are a mess and they have been propped up by Moshiri, but his money is now being used on the Stadium, so our books, IMO, are still a festering trash fire.

People keep saying our wage bill is drastically down and whilst we have removed some high earners, I think its still stupidly high, but we will have to see what the accounts show.

We lost the free USM sponsorship.

Our accounts are a mess and they have been propped up by Moshiri, but his money is now being used on the Stadium, so our books, IMO, are still a festering trash fire.
You may be right there, it’s too early to tell. I’m just going on the general message in articles about our situation, with wage bill cuts being mentioned all the time.

You may be right there, it’s too early to tell. I’m just going on the general message in articles about our situation, with wage bill cuts being mentioned all the time.
I think we have made savings, but most probably wont even be reflected in the accounts.

The likes of Gomes we are still paying most of his wages.

Its a steaming pile of horse manure.

We were already sailing close to the wind, but it was ok whilst Usmanov was throwing us free money, JUST, but now its just on fire and that fire aint going out without causing major damage, more damage than its already done. Basically this fire will destroy the club for many, many, many years.

We are much more than 1 year away from having a good set of accounts

So, on this report:

I was right unfortunately.

Moshiri was/is Usmanovs front.

So he’s got no interest now.

Maybe the best thing would be for the FA to force a sale like with Chelsea. Even to some Yank private equity fund who wants to line us up in a 4-4-3 to kick a touchdown at the All Star Game. Guys like that at least fire people.

Laughing at that, anonymising to protect their sources identity, sure you’d never know who manager 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 were. lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back