Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
By keeping Kenwright on, Moshiri has just lit the fire, to a civil war between the fans, himself and by default, the club.

The deluxe seats, humous sandwiches, Madri lager and unobstructed views will be wonderful in the Championship.

I very often disagree with what @davek says, but he couldn`t have been more right about Moshiri.

He`s a much much bigger problem than Kenwright.
Don't we go to Goodison or BMD to watch footy, if you want that experience go watch the Avengers in the cinema ffs.

Will always have to give him the Stadium as a positive. No way it would have been getting built with him.
Have to say put the money in for players, all be it wasted most of it. But his using the club as a train set. Listening to his mates rather than employing good football people. Changing the manager every year. Has destroyed us.

Kenwright gets loads of deserved stick. But he never did things like that. I would give my eye teeth to have the Moyes years again. At least we completed. Can't see us getting back to top 7 for years. I know it's mediocre but better than whats happening now.

Will always have to give him the Stadium as a positive. No way it would have been getting built with him.
Have to say put the money in for players, all be it wasted most of it. But his using the club as a train set. Listening to his mates rather than employing good football people. Changing the manager every year. Has destroyed us.

Kenwright gets loads of deserved stick. But he never did things like that. I would give my eye teeth to have the Moyes years again. At least we completed. Can't see us getting back to top 7 for years. I know it's mediocre but better than whats happening now.
never gave us money for players or built us a a staduim your right kenwright never did things like that , he’s always used us as his train set though

Im not great on how boardrooms and ownerships work which I why I've generally kept away from the sack the board debates.

Anyway, genuine question here, what I don't get is why wasn't Moshiri part of the board anyway? I thought all owners and main shareholders were all part of a board?

With events in Russia taking an unexpected turn, wouldn't be surprised to see Moshiri hold on to his majority stake if they believe Usmanov may be back in the game in the coming months should the Ukraine conflict get settled and sanctions dropped.

With events in Russia taking an unexpected turn, wouldn't be surprised to see Moshiri hold on to his majority stake if they believe Usmanov may be back in the game in the coming months should the Ukraine conflict get settled and sanctions dropped.
Usmanov will not be ‘ back in the game ‘ as you put it, in his lifetime.
Not unless he personally pulls the trigger on Putin makes restitution for war crimes out of his personal wealth , and restores the Crimea, whose illegal seizure he was complicit in, to Ukraine.

Usmanov will not be ‘ back in the game ‘ as you put it, in his lifetime.
Not unless he personally pulls the trigger on Putin makes restitution for war crimes out of his personal wealth , and restores the Crimea, whose illegal seizure he was complicit in, to Ukraine.

Sanctions are hurting the West as well as Russia - Britain is on the verge of a recession as we speak.

Money always wins in the end - soon as the conflict is done / Putin is neutralised it'll be business as usual make no mistake about that.

Sanctions are hurting the West as well as Russia - Britain is on the verge of a recession as we speak.

Money always wins in the end - soon as the conflict is done / Putin is neutralised it'll be business as usual make no mistake about that.
Whilst I agree, I think Moshiris enthusiasm for the whole thing is gone.

Its now about getting as much dough back as possible.

This chapter is closed for us now.

Oh, grow up will you for heavens sake.

There is no way Usmanov will be 'back in the game' you oaf.
Do you seriously think that even if there is a cease fire in Ukraine and if all Russian forces withdrew and returned home, and Ukraine recovered all the land taken including back to the time Russia annexed Crimea... that sanctions against any of the oligarchs would simply get dropped ???

If you honestly believe that, then you're an even bigger simpleton than most on this forum already believe you to be.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back