Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Seriously, so if we get 78 points and 5th it's better than say 72 and coming top 2. The points total means nothing we could win the league with 70 or 100 points, it's still winning the league.
Where did I say that qualifying 4th isn't the goal? My argument on the 72 points total is that it provides our high water mark in our efforts to secure a CL spot.

5th isn't the benchmark. The points total is. 5th is nowhere. It was in 2013/14 and it was before it.

Managers get objectives like "Win the league, finish top 4, qualify for Europe, avoid relegation"

Every single one of those targets is decided by league 'position' not 'points total'.

The benchmark for every manager and every person with a brain is league position.

Heard? From where? Are you implying that Moshiri refused to talk to Martinez directly?

Doesnt sound good that David.

I'm not suggesting anything. Im saying that we all heard Moshiri saying ALL he owned was at the club's disposal. Martinez will get hold of that in good time.

I'm not doing that at all. I'm stating that his intentions should be made clear. He'd have had to make those intentions public for anyone to accuse him of lying about them.

That's fair enough. I dunno exactly what he's going to do but the fact RM is saying we will be able to aim for a higher calibre of player is a promising sign so I live in hope although the figures being quoted will amaze me if they turn out to be true. I hope they are though.

Let's put it this way: d'you think he'd have bought into the dullard Moyes club that got people shovelling painkillers down their neck in order to watch? Martinez has added that flash of inspiration and good football that the outside world has become interested in - investors included.

So... that's a yes then? o_O

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back