Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Yeah, and businessmen like him never make a mistake do they?

I was reading an article today where Usmanov reveals this feller actually advised against him making some of his most lucrative deals.

I wouldn't underestimate the potential for a less than unblemished regime here.

No matter though, it's his train set and of course he can smash it up.

*tugs forelock*

....you would think he's made significantly more good decisions than bad.

....you would think he's made significantly more good decisions than bad.

Funnily enough often the reverse is true, in the sense that many investors with a portfolio of business interests have numerically had more poor investments than great investments. However what tends to happen with the great investments is that they make so many times more money than what is lost on poor investments that the net effect is an huge increase in wealth.

There's not an investor out there that hasn't lost significant sums on some investments, the successful ones are those who make huge amounts on the profitable ones.

Well, the previous board didn't do what you're demanding did they?

So who are you to demand this of Moshiri?

It's contrary to your logic on the manager where previous years set the benchmark.

Maybe you need to give your head a wobble and then read a history book on the club.
That's not true, actually. When True Blue holding was set up the full details of the takeover were gone over in the local press. I remember tha Daily Post running an in depth article using their interview with Kenwright addressing who in the consortium was brought on board and for what reason (Gregg's role at SFX and the link he had with Clear Channel and their possible uses for a stadium was gone through, for example). Kenwright also took to radio to spell out what they hoped to do to fund spending at that point - the plan to get involved with a media group like NTL (de riguer at the time).

In short, there was a much higher profile to the Kenwright/TBH takeover. This one has been carried out in positively hushed tones by comparison.

He can't visit a single thread without getting it.

TBF I think given Moshiri's options, once the deal was ratified, he really should have got a 'star player' to sign along term deal. Given the date he purchased a chunk of the club he couldn't buy anyone, the stadium isn't a quick fix, but getting a Stones or Barkley on a new deal could of shown some intent. Very similar to how City just took Robinho from Chelsea.

Last edited:
Dave. You're beginning to sound as rambling crazy , similar as the BU nutcases on twitter.

I think you should leave this thread and Moshiri alone for a bit.
*un-ignored

9067a01aac0b4762281e9471c596774a.jpg

That's not true, actually. When True Blue holding was set up the full details of the takeover were gone over in the local press. I remember tha Daily Post running an in depth article using their interview with Kenwright addressing who in the consortium was brought on board and for what reason (Gregg's role at SFX and the link he had with Clear Channel and their possible uses for a stadium was gone through, for example). Kenwright also took to radio to spell out what they hoped to do to fund spending at that point - the plan to get involved with a media group like NTL (de riguer at the time).

In short, there was a much higher profile to the Kenwright/TBH takeover. This one has been carried out in positively hushed tones by comparison.

Bill loves the limelight, he craves it, Moshiri doesnt.

You are very difficult to follow at times Dave.

You did not like Johnson.

You were not keen on BK and Gregg

Even less so on BK and Earl

Now you are critical of BK and Moshiri.

So for the record could you outline what kind of Everton Board you wold like or the persons sitting there.

You are very difficult to follow at times Dave.

You did not like Johnson.

You were not keen on BK and Gregg

Even less so on BK and Earl

Now you are critical of BK and Moshiri.

So for the record could you outline what kind of Everton Board you wold like or the persons sitting there.
One that publicly backs Martinez in the euphoria of a one off win.

Some people like to make a noise, others just like to slip under the radar and become a billionaire.

Dont know many, but I did have an aquaitence with both (Peter) Hargreaves and (Stephen) Lansdown. A few years back mind.

You had to get Lansdown under promise of being shot to say anything in public. Even since he bought Bristol City, a public appearance is rare. Accountant as it happens.

Hargreaves? Polar opposite. But both hugely successful

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back