7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Rome wasn't built in a day.
Act in haste repent at leisure.
Etc etc but be patient our club is in a transformation phase, we've waited long enough but I'm optimistic that the success I saw in the past can return so that my kids can also see it and like anything you have to wait for the pleasure is enhanced.

hes not building rome (or a new stadium yet), hes getting rid of an employee thats extremely bad at their job.

So we have this joker at the helm for the last few games?

No I did not say that at all. I've said there's a lot of activity going on behind closed doors. At this moment in time I don't know nor does anyone else in the public domain know when he is leaving. As I have said several times there's no business or footballing case for him to remain any longer than it takes to resolve contractual issues.

My summer reference relates to the direct results of Moshiri's investment in us in terms of management and squad.

Appreciate the frustration, we all feel it. The days of jam tomorrow though have finished with our new shareholder/future outright owner.

It's not apparent yet, but over the summer it will definitely be so.

Esk - lets put are cards on the table because lets face things cannot get any worse.
Are you telling us that it will be the summer because we have board members whom refuse to vote for sacking the current manager until the rest of the shares have been purchased?

hes not building rome (or a new stadium yet), hes getting rid of an employee thats extremely bad at their job.
Fair comment but getting rid of somebody without having a plan B can be reckless. Don't forget he's only been here 5 mins and he has to get the replacement 100% right. Also he's having to sieve through BK's bull

Esk - lets put are cards on the table because lets face things cannot get any worse.
Are you telling us that it will be the summer because we have board members whom refuse to vote to sacking the current manager until they the rest of the shares have been purchased?

No mate I am not saying that at all. The Board is controlled by Moshiri. As I explained in my previous post there's activity behind closed doors. Once the issues I have referred to are sorted he will be gone.

No I did not say that at all. I've said there's a lot of activity going on behind closed doors. At this moment in time I don't know nor does anyone else in the public domain know when he is leaving. As I have said several times there's no business or footballing case for him to remain any longer than it takes to resolve contractual issues.

My summer reference relates to the direct results of Moshiri's investment in us in terms of management and squad.

I'm not entirely sure that it's in the best interests for the club, financially speaking, for Martinez to remain.

Phew....thank you for replying. It was more of a question that taking your words literally. It did make me wonder if they were so negligent as to let him see out his last 3 games.

If he is there next Saturday they are leaving themselves open to a torrent of abuse going forward. I cannot believe the new owner wants to get off to a bad start with the fans and leave everybody wondering who makes the decisions. We have had over 15 years of sentimental Bill, I think everybody's a bit bored of that act now, Moshri gives us hope that things are about to change, but now would be a good time to start showing that.

No mate I am not saying that at all. The Board is controlled by Moshiri. As I explained in my previous post there's activity behind closed doors. Once the issues I have referred to are sorted he will be gone.

ok so my interpretation based on my thinking is as follows:

Moshi wants to plan for a new future and is doing so but the current manager situation cannot be changed because Moshi is being outvoted at the board level or Moshi thinks (if in complete control) we can wait till the summer to sack him?

Is this correct, if not can you be transparent as you possibly can please. Many fans want to know why the manager is not being sacked in simple and clear terms.

It's probably worth understanding or remembering that the role of a board in a company controlled by a dominant shareholder is very different than when there is no controlling investor.

The Board are subservient to the wishes of the dominant or controlling shareholder, they are not an independent body with the autonomy to go in any direction they wish.

Their role is very much to direct and execute the strategy laid down by the shareholder, report to him and other shareholders and perform their legal obligations in managing the company, nothing more.

ok so my interpretation based on my thinking is as follows:

Moshi wants to plan for a new future and is doing so but the current manager situation cannot be changed because Moshi is being outvoted at the board level or Moshi thinks (if in complete control) we can wait till the summer to sack him?

Is this correct, if not can you be transparent as you possibly can please. Many fans want to know why the manager is not being sacked in simple and clear terms.

We are answering out of sync here lol

I just posted above the practical role of the board when there is a controlling (or effectively controlling) shareholder.

Hope that answers your concern.

Actions speak louder than words.
Until we see it then the only credible view to take is that there is discord and failure behind the scenes.
I have been around long enough to know that the the promise of jam tomorrow by Everton has ended upon in most cases with failure.

..and the rest of us have been round long enough to know that most of the time you talk nothing but agenda driven tosh. The new regime will come into its own through the summer,you've been told this by people on here with more credibility than you yet you choose to ignore this pretty obvious assertion. Back off and let what is going to happen actually happen. No one outside the boardroom really knows, all that we can do is make educated guesses. And some are more educated than others. My personal opinion, based on nothing much, is that Moshiri and the board are addressing the management issue as part of the overall 'upgrading' they intend to implement through the summer. This will be good for Everton because for the first time we have acquired the ingredient that has been missing from plans and ambitions in the past....the magic ingredient called MONEY. And yet the impatience of some 'supporters' is mind boggling. Some people should just go away and come back in August, when they will see an Everton that pleases them more, unless of course their 'raison d'etre' is simply to disagree with everything and criticise everything. Be happy we have the money we have needed, and give the the people in charge the chance to use it. I think they know what they want, and how to get it. Don't forget that not only do we now have a man with the were with all at the helm, we have a man who has been involved and has a knowledge of the football business as well.

Does anyone seriously think that anyone would lob 200 million into Everton and then do NOTHING? Get real.

That couldn't be any clearer really. He is gone, we just have to be patient, and whether it is caretaker now and new manager in the summer, well that's another issue.

..and the rest of us have been round long enough to know that most of the time you talk nothing but agenda driven tosh. The new regime will come into its own through the summer,you've been told this by people on here with more credibility than you yet you choose to ignore this pretty obvious assertion. Back off and let what is going to happen actually happen. No one outside the boardroom really knows, all that we can do is make educated guesses. And some are more educated than others. My personal opinion, based on nothing much, is that Moshiri and the board are addressing the management issue as part of the overall 'upgrading' they intend to implement through the summer. This will be good for Everton because for the first time we have acquired the ingredient that has been missing from plans and ambitions in the past....the magic ingredient called MONEY. And yet the impatience of some 'supporters' is mind boggling. Some people should just go away and come back in August, when they will see an Everton that pleases them more, unless of course their 'raison d'etre' is simply to disagree with everything and criticise everything. Be happy we have the money we have needed, and give the the people in charge the chance to use it. I think they know what they want, and how to get it. Don't forget that not only do we now have a man with the were with all at the helm, we have a man who has been involved and has a knowledge of the football business as well.

Does anyone seriously think that anyone would lob 200 million into Everton and then do NOTHING? Get real.

Bit harsh some of this. He is clearly more referring as to why Martinez is still in charge at this moment in time and not been relieved of his duties and a caretaker manager put in place.

Some people actually enjoy seeing their football club win football matches, we have won 4 games in the last 21 and 9 league games all season.

We are answering out of sync here lol

I just posted above the practical role of the board when there is a controlling (or effectively controlling) shareholder.

Hope that answers your concern.

Yep Just saw that and thank you.
So Moshiriwill not sack him now..that,s the message.
Now my view is that HE SHOULD sack him now.
I believe by not sacking him makes the new shareholder look incredibly weak in the eyes of the fanbase.

That couldn't be any clearer really. He is gone, we just have to be patient, and whether it is caretaker now and new manager in the summer, well that's another issue.

You would think that patience is the virtue or character trait that defines all Evertonians after all these years - just shows you how badly Roberto has pushed our buttons this season to have us all at complete breaking point at the moment.

Even if his own mother was an Evertonian she'd be calling for his head on a platter after this week.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back