Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Agreed, I suggested that weeks ago and have repeated it a couple of times.

That said, meh, I would love to read he is gone at some point today, but I can't see it making much of a difference to our season now.

I guess it would mean that the players don't have to listen to his tired voice any more and we might actually win our last 2 home fixtures. that would give us some fresh impetus going forward if nothing else.

Would that need some sort of gross misconduct type angle associated with it - or can you be put on gardening leave simply for being toss at your job?

If they know he is going, the players know he is going etc then how is he going to honestly stand in front of them and get anything out of them in the last few games? His presence is nothing but negative now, so on that alone he should be asked to stay away until the contract stuff is sorted and his pay off done.

as long as he is gone at the end of this season im happy, not bothered about these next 4 games do what they want need a strong summer a new manager at the start of the summer so there is no excuses for next season

He should,nt make it to the next game. He has failed and failure needs to be recognised and dealt with quickly and publicly at the board level.

Agenda driven?!

Steve I've got much the same opinion as you regarding the doomsayer John Cribb aka @D410 - a man who for 10 years has never once posted anything positive about Everton and used to massively overdo his BU involvement (chastising others for not going to meetings when, er, never going himself) but you are bang out of line talking about agenda driven. You swing in at every opportunity to defend Kenwright, every single time, usually to a farcical extreme, and have done for God knows how long.

Wind it in.

I didn't mention BK in my posting above did I? It was Cribb and yourself who brought him up. Whatever previous opinions about Bill K were, across the forum, I think those opinions are pretty irrevalent now, because Bill has all but sold out. But youre spot on about our old friend Mr.Cribb/D410. !!

If they know he is going, the players know he is going etc then how is he going to honestly stand in front of them and get anything out of them in the last few games? His presence is nothing but negative now, so on that alone he should be asked to stay away until the contract stuff is sorted and his pay off done.

Yes - got that mate and fully agree - that everything should be done that feasibly can to get him away - his time at the helm has become toxic and toxic leadership is not good for anyone.

In terms of gardening leave I wasn't sure of the legalities or employment law type side of things and whether putting him on gardening leave to a point where it becomes easier to sack him at a lower cost (because of contract clauses) would stand up to the law. Does that not open you up to a claim that you have effectively been dismissed ( constructive dismissal?) at the earler point and therefore where is my cash?

In my work environment (which is unique) - gardening leave is not an option for just being rubbish at your job. In that scenario the onus is on the employer to provide training and afford the opportunity for the individual to improve. Gardening leave is usualy reserved for the "gross misconduct" type scenario. - thats all.

Whatever happens I hope the team and especially the senior pros can rally round and ensure we take the remaining league games seriously. We have nothing to play for competively but the idea that we can give 4 league games a free pass is completely unacceptable IMO. Losing/drawing those games in a manner similar to recent performances just puts the lid on a season of abject failure.

So now, for the benefit of those of us who are singing from a different hymn sheet to you, can you explain what you mean by that? As The Esk has already told you, the minority shareholders like BK, Wood etc, have little or no say in the future of the club ...Moshiri will make the decisions and will implement the changes. Do you not understand this basic premise?

Sorry No. I am focused on the future.
History will be unkind to those whose legacy has been failure and those whom supported it during it,s time which includes you.
Time to put the past on ignore and that includes you sir. Godspeed.
Now it,s our generation turn to write a new chapter in the Everton record books.

Yes - got that mate and fully agree - that everything should be done that feasibly can to get him away - his time at the helm has become toxic and toxic leadership is not good for anyone.

In terms of gardening leave I wasn't sure of the legalities or employment law type side of things and whether putting him on gardening leave to a point where it becomes easier to sack him at a lower cost (because of contract clauses) would stand up to the law. Does that not open you up to a claim that you have effectively been dismissed ( constructive dismissal?) at the earler point and therefore where is my cash?

In my work environment (which is unique) - gardening leave is not an option for just being rubbish at your job. In that scenario the onus is on the employer to provide training and afford the opportunity for the individual to improve. Gardening leave is usualy reserved for the "gross misconduct" type scenario. - thats all.

I was once put on it as I was going to a new job...I actually was given 6 weeks off over the whole summer, it was ace! Can't see how this can be much different, they only have the financials to sort out I suppose.

;);)
I was once put on it as I was going to a new job...I actually was given 6 weeks off over the whole summer, it was ace! Can't see how this can be much different, they only have the financials to sort out I suppose.

Come on now mate - we are all friends on GOT - tell us what you did that was classed as gross misconduct!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back