Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Nope that's very true. But jut putting it out there - how little £2M is in the big picture.

What's another £2m really?......keeping Martinez over the past 4-5 months has cost us so much more....I'd argue Stones' transfer value in the summer has dropped by at least 10m, and probably Lukaku's too .....also Barkley's career is nowhere near where it should be....
Our league position has become a joke, which is gonna make it harder to attract top players in the summer....and we've lost the best opportunity in years to win the FA Cup....

It's sad our Club standards have dropped so much that this total underachievement was deemed acceptable for all these months....it's even sadder that in that time Liverpool showed how much bigger a club they are by removing Rodgers when he wasn't meeting their standards...

2 horrible seasons and still we wait for Kenwright and the board to show some balls....

Has anyone given a thought to maybe Moshiri actually likes Martinez and is prepared to give him a go next season.
I have, would be ace if he kept him on seeing something we all missed in Martinez and he absolutely storms next season...
Be acer if we got rid and someone else did it though.

Yes - got that mate and fully agree - that everything should be done that feasibly can to get him away - his time at the helm has become toxic and toxic leadership is not good for anyone.

In terms of gardening leave I wasn't sure of the legalities or employment law type side of things and whether putting him on gardening leave to a point where it becomes easier to sack him at a lower cost (because of contract clauses) would stand up to the law. Does that not open you up to a claim that you have effectively been dismissed ( constructive dismissal?) at the earler point and therefore where is my cash?

In my work environment (which is unique) - gardening leave is not an option for just being rubbish at your job. In that scenario the onus is on the employer to provide training and afford the opportunity for the individual to improve. Gardening leave is usualy reserved for the "gross misconduct" type scenario. - thats all.
Gardening leave isn't associated with gross misconduct.

Gross misconduct is an instantly sackable offence under most contracts - without a notice period. Giving someone gardening leave means paying them to stay at home - there'd be no reason to do that for instant dismissals.

Gardening leave is (usually) for people who have handed in their notice for a reason which makes it undesirable for the employer to keep them around for their notice period (e.g. they're moving to a competitor). Could also be used for dismissal in circumstances where a notice period is required.

I think if Mr. Moshiri thought RM was the manager for next year there would have been some kind of formal endorsement. But there hasn't been. I'm happy with the silence for the moment given this season is a right off. He will go when it suits the club and not the fans.

No wonder there are fans out there who think we are now small time lol
The fans cant agree on anything, were arguing over £2m, im pretty sure after 34 games we are not mathematically safe (wont go down I know), the new owner hasn't done or said much at a time were clarity is needed, we have a stadium that can be brought down by a lit cigarette and our main striker now wants out even though IMO he cost us the semi final :rant: god help us this summer...

The fans cant agree on anything, were arguing over £2m, im pretty sure after 34 games we are not mathematically safe (wont go down I know), the new owner hasn't done or said much at a time were clarity is needed, we have a stadium that can be brought down by a lit cigarette and our main striker now wants out even though IMO he cost us the semi final :rant: god help us this summer...

now? have you/they been asleep for 20 odd years?!

Moshiri is used to being around the Champions League, so being out of the top 10 will be new to him, I am hopeful he will want a manager who is used to being in contention for Cl at least.

Straight question this mate.

What is this 2mil & whats it for ?

Anything/anyone substantiate it ?

I think if Mr. Moshiri thought RM was the manager for next year there would have been some kind of formal endorsement. But there hasn't been. I'm happy with the silence for the moment given this season is a right off. He will go when it suits the club and not the fans.
Not sure this is correct, partucularly as Kenwight is still involved. Maybe just remaining quiet hoping that in time the fans will quieten down

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back