Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
I think you need to stay on topic and answer the real question: why do women hate Donald Trump?

donald-trump-repub-getty.jpg
That's easy.

They look at him the same way they look at me and see a complete alpha-male with luxuriant locks, whose standards they could never live up to.

Sorted?

Strangely enough, I don't think we would have had this meltdown if Moshiri had not arrived when he did.

We seem to have gone into a tailspin almost since the moment he arrived.....seventy two hours or so before the now infamous Hammers game.

It is almost like Bobby became de-motivated because he was told he didn't figure in Mr. Mo's plans and the players lost interest in playing for a dead man walking

Whatever the way if it, the optimistic, feel good factor we all felt in the wake of the new investment turned to dust pretty quickly.

Everton that.

I'm not a massive believer in coincidences, so this could have a distinct ring of truth about it

I think you need to stay on topic and answer the real question: why do women hate Donald Trump?

donald-trump-repub-getty.jpg

Stay on topic...........................Donald Trump........women.....hate...............

In the Moshiri major shareholder football forum thread - No ! sorry don't get the logic there!

Strangely enough, I don't think we would have had this meltdown if Moshiri had not arrived when he did.

We seem to have gone into a tailspin almost since the moment he arrived.....seventy two hours or so before the now infamous Hammers game.

It is almost like Bobby became de-motivated because he was told he didn't figure in Mr. Mo's plans and the players lost interest in playing for a dead man walking

Whatever the way if it, the optimistic, feel good factor we all felt in the wake of the new investment turned to dust pretty quickly.

Everton that.

There is definitely something in that. We know he spoke to Moshiri early on (though did have positive words to say). In fairness to Martinez (as there won't be many putting the case to defend him) it is a very difficult situation for him. For any of us, having your boss change and the priorities change with that is never an easy situation.

If we consider it, I find it highly unlikely he'd be under this pressure with just Bill in charge. I think fans had accepted the fact Bill wouldn't change anything. In all honesty, I doubt I'd have wanted him out, as my view would have been, under Kenwrights stewardship the best we could hope for would be a good cup manager to fluke us a cup while having enough to keep us up. The figure of Moshiri has given Evertonians hope and raised expectations without us knowing it.

Also consider what Kenwright may have given Martinez as goals (if any). He may well have said to him target the cups over the league. In many ways Martinez has done that yet the goalposts were moved mid season.

I am sure books will be written by players on the last 3 months. It has been a collapse only on par with 97 in my lifetime. When I look at the body language of the players I don't think I've seen anything quite like it. It seems bizarre to me that earlier this season we beat Southampton 3-0, put 6 past Sunderland, 4 past Villa and annihilated Norwich. As recently as a couple of months ago we scored 3 at Chelsea and beat them in the cup. We may not have maximised points but this was due to naivety. Against Southampton, Arsenal and Liverpool we just were not at the races.

I don't really know what has caused that. All we can say is the Moshiri appointment happens right in the middle of that turnaround. I am not sure if there is something that directly relates to it. I have no idea really. It is easy to see he's lost the dressing room but the interesting point is what led to that?

@bluestevon @bizzaro ruthlessness in business is an interesting subject as on the one hand you certainly require more than a degree of ruthless to succeed, yet the negatives associated with ruthlessness make supplier, customer and staff relationships that much harder.

I'm of the view you have to be absolutely ruthless in setting objectives, standards, discipline and targets, but you have to be far more flexible, indeed intelligent, in your dealings with people which ultimately is what supplier, customer and staff relationships are. I think this strategy applies regardless of the size of business as ultimately a business is only as good as the relationships it maintains with the people who do business with it and work for it.
Success for all things isn't just based on your ability to do or be one thing. It isn't down to just being ruthless.
Far more useful is knowing when the right time to be ruthless and when to be patient.

Are the details of this deal available to the public?

For instance... Can you actually see what Mosh paid and what percentage he now owns?

Or, do we just go on what is released by the club / reported in the press?

Are the details of this deal available to the public?

For instance... Can you actually see what Mosh paid and what percentage he now owns?

Or, do we just go on what is released by the club / reported in the press?

Private company mate, so there's no disclosure obligation legally, however they have informed the Premier League of the transaction who had to approve it. Would be very odd if the transaction was different from the reported one given the approval requirement.

The accounts will show the transaction when released.

The accounts will show the transaction when released.

Given the normal release date of accounts first opportunity to see the shareholdings is when the annual return made up to 16 August 2016 which should be filed by 14 Sept. As there are over 1000 shareholders, it would be necessary to contact Companies House who send out a cd for a fee of £10.

No financial details will or need be disclosed unless the parties to the transaction make them public.

Everton that.
I half agree with you, certainly the play and attitude has got worse, but let's not forget before Moshiri turned up we had results such as:

Crashing out of the semis
Losing to West Brom
Losing to Swansea
THAT Chelsea mess
Losing to Stoke 4-3
Drawing with Norwich, Bournemouth (3-3!) and Palace.

Things haven't been right all season, maybe now the players feel they finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. They remind me of Chelsea when they stopped playing for Mourinho. The players look exactly the same.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back