Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Am I the only one who doesn't want Mourinhi? He'd be here 3 years max and be off.. He manages clubs with huge budgets pisses a load of money up the wall then leaves, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Cuadrado all spring to mind. He just buys titles squandering hundreds of millions in the process. Yes he's charismatic but he isn't the manager we need imo.

We can't afford him and more importantly there will be much bigger fish in the pond than us. If he has approached us it's to flush those fish out not to come here. Absolutely no way will he come here and anyone hoping he will is going to be disappointed.
Positive first post that mate.

Here's something to cheer you up a bit:
jose-morhino-was-pumped-after-chelseas-goal-against-liverpool-a.gif

Why do people keep saying Big Joe? When has he EVER indicated he would be interested in the caretaker position?

Never. Thats when.

Anybody care to bother asking Joe if he would come in? Or is he just subject to fickle football fans whims and fancies?

No mate, I am just putting names up of people within the club who could have potentially filled the gap until the end of the season. Would he be ideal? no, far from it. But from people within the club at present, he is the only one with any managerial experience at top level, hence me mentioning him. I also mentioned Unsworth, as he is currently employed at a lesser management level.

I don't appreciate being called fickle thank you, you know nothing about me.

If nothing else, he'd raise the clubs profile and his appontment would tell the world we mean business. Even if we were a stepping stone for him, it would make our next high profile appointment so much easier, the media would know we've arrived, we need that, mindsets need to change.

I do understand that but people are talking like we can outspend Chelsea, City etc. Looking from the outside (atmittedly I know nothing) this Moshiri guy will invest this summer but he wont have that type of money to invest every year which means it must be invested wisely. Do you trust Mourinho to spend it wisely? Because I don't. He buys for the sake of buying with never ending pots of money. His arrogance lost him the Chelsea dressing room this season he's no messiah that'll pave the way to success, he hasn't managed on a budget since Porto, granted he won the CL with them but fat Rafael won it with an average Luverpool side.

I'm not saying he's a bad manager, he's clearly not but I'm not sure he's what we need in our current position, a short term manager who will empty our pockets and has a track record of getting rid of class players because his ego gets in the way of recognising sometimes he has to work with them. He would most definitely be a MASSIVE statement and if I'm honest I'd be hugely excited if we got him (we wont though) but I'm extremely wary of a manager like him. If a Sheikh bought us then defo yes but with our limited funds maybe not.

Am I the only one who doesn't want Mourinhi? He'd be here 3 years max and be off.. He manages clubs with huge budgets pisses a load of money up the wall then leaves, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Cuadrado all spring to mind. He just buys titles squandering hundreds of millions in the process. Yes he's charismatic but he isn't the manager we need imo.

We can't afford him and more importantly there will be much bigger fish in the pond than us. If he has approached us it's to flush those fish out not to come here. Absolutely no way will he come here and anyone hoping he will is going to be disappointed.
His net spend at Chelsea in his last spell was only about £10m more than Martinez has spent here.

I agree that we're not his first choice, but disagree that it's an impossibility to see him at Goodison this summer.

As for his management ability, the man is a winner and IF we did somehow convince him to come it would put our profile at a level that it's not been since the 80's. The man guarantees 2 things - 1. Headlines and column inches and 2. Trophies.

Even if it was only 2 or 3 years, it'd be one hell of a rollercoaster ride.

You could argue that his best work as a manager has always been done as the underdog (Porto, inter, Chelsea first time round) and that he has struggled at the clubs where he has had all the money in the world and been on top (Madrid, Chelsea second time round). All of this is down to his siege mentality management style (same reason simeone will never succeed at a massive club). It could be exactly what the club needs right now.

It would certainly be interesting to see him take on a challenge again

You could argue that his best work as a manager has always been done as the underdog (Porto, inter, Chelsea first time round) and that he has struggled at the clubs where he has had all the money in the world and been on top (Madrid, Chelsea second time round). All of this is down to his siege mentality management style (same reason simeone will never succeed at a massive club). It could be exactly what the club needs right now.

Fair enough points mate, I could be completely wrong obviously but I'm just not sure he is the right fit for us in the current position we're in.

One thing for sure it'd be hillarious watching Bill try and keep him in line. If Bill still has any sway I doubt he'd ever go for a manager like Mouriniho anyway, he'd outshine him and steal his thunder

His net spend at Chelsea in his last spell was only about £10m more than Martinez has spent here.

I agree that we're not his first choice, but disagree that it's an impossibility to see him at Goodison this summer.

As for his management ability, the man is a winner and IF we did somehow convince him to come it would put our profile at a level that it's not been since the 80's. The man guarantees 2 things - 1. Headlines and column inches and 2. Trophies.

Even if it was only 2 or 3 years, it'd be one hell of a rollercoaster ride.

I think it would be great. More than any player signing, his appointment would be an enormous statement of intent from the board and raise the national and international profile of the club. Additionally, he's one of the very few coaches who is a draw for top level players, which is important since we're not currently a CL club.

Even if he was here for 2-3 years max it would be a profound shift for us in terms of stature, and the fact he's won trophies everywhere he's been also helps. I don't doubt he'd take the Utd. job in a heartbeat, but if there's a chance we're in contention I think we'd be crazy not to try for him.

Conversations between "his people and "our people" have continued.

Who are the 4 candidates mate? Nobody seems to want to ask so I will. It's your posts that have stopped me lurking. I realise nothings set in stone and it could end up none but who are the 4?

It is certainly encouraging to see that it appears that we have not fallen so far down the pecking order and become so obscure if Mourinho directed his people to approach us. Thankfully Moshiri is not burdened with any inferiority complex (I must admit it has unfortunately seeped into my EFC sub-consciousness over the years, painfully so) and can present the club in an entirely new, positive light.

Agree that we do serve a purpose for Mourinho to a extent in fishing out Man Utd's approach. In that sense, whilst he would without question be the best candidate available and we should do all in our power to convince him to join us, there is a danger that we would miss out on the 2nd choice candidate if the whole "will he/won't he go to Utd" saga rolls on for weeks.

If we are in the process of making him an offer which is the best we can make, he should be given a defined timescale to either accept or reject it. The club is and will remain far far bigger than any individual, regardless of whether or not Mourinho would take the job, and we are not pawns for either him or Man Utd.

I still think Pellegrini (and possibly now, De Boer) are the most likely to take the job, on the basis that they really want it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back