Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Who are the 4 candidates mate? Nobody seems to want to ask so I will. It's your posts that have stopped me lurking. I realise nothings set in stone and it could end up none but who are the 4?

The original 4 I was aware of were Jose, Pellegrini, de Boer and Koeman. I think more candidates have been sounded out, the process is being handled differently now than originally so cannot add to those names.

The original 4 I was aware of were Jose, Pellegrini, de Boer and Koeman. I think more candidates have been sounded out, the process is being handled differently now than originally so cannot add to those names.

How come its being handled differently now mate? If you can say like. has there been a shift at the boardroom or in the quality/availability of the managers we where after?

I do understand that but people are talking like we can outspend Chelsea, City etc. Looking from the outside (atmittedly I know nothing) this Moshiri guy will invest this summer but he wont have that type of money to invest every year which means it must be invested wisely. Do you trust Mourinho to spend it wisely? Because I don't. He buys for the sake of buying with never ending pots of money. His arrogance lost him the Chelsea dressing room this season he's no messiah that'll pave the way to success, he hasn't managed on a budget since Porto, granted he won the CL with them but fat Rafael won it with an average Luverpool side.

I'm not saying he's a bad manager, he's clearly not but I'm not sure he's what we need in our current position, a short term manager who will empty our pockets and has a track record of getting rid of class players because his ego gets in the way of recognising sometimes he has to work with them. He would most definitely be a MASSIVE statement and if I'm honest I'd be hugely excited if we got him (we wont though) but I'm extremely wary of a manager like him. If a Sheikh bought us then defo yes but with our limited funds maybe not.

I'm not disagreeing with a lot you're saying but those of us old enough to remember Everton when we took it for granted we were great have been pulling our hair out for Decades watching our fanbase slowing being spoon fed mediocrity and swallowing it without question. Everton are a massive club, with a younger fanbase that's largely forgotten that, if our fans are losing track of what we are, how can we expect Southampton, West Ham fans etc to see us any other way? Mourinho would be a massive shot in the arm and a reminder that Everton are back. We'd be using him as much as he'd be using us, it would be a two way street.

Initial reaction is that the decisive factor is how Moshy wants to go ahead...if he wants immidiate impact he will go all out on Mourinho, Pellegrini type Experienced and proven manager. If he wants to build long term thingy he'll prefer De Boer Koeman type.

Fair enough points mate, I could be completely wrong obviously but I'm just not sure he is the right fit for us in the current position we're in.

One thing for sure it'd be hillarious watching Bill try and keep him in line. If Bill still has any sway I doubt he'd ever go for a manager like Mouriniho anyway, he'd outshine him and steal his thunder

I can't ever see someone like mourinho working for Bill... Moshiri on the other hand....

Initial reaction is that the decisive factor is how Moshy wants to go ahead...if he wants immidiate impact he will go all out on Mourinho, Pellegrini typerää Experienced and proven manager. If he wants to build long term thingy he'll prefer De Boer Koeman type.

I reckon he will want to make a splash personally - I don't see him as this big in the spot light owner, however from everything i have heard through people close to things he is extremely ambitious and wants to succeed. I am seriously hoping he is the type of man who won't take no for an answer.

The fact that Mourinho could potentially be at the table at the moment, in my opinion, shows the level of ambition of the man.

Is that the norm?

front.JPG

It's nothing to do with positivity mate is it, what will happen will happen regardless of if I'm positive or negative, it's just my thoughts on it.
To be honest mate it was just an excuse to take the proverbial out of our lovable, mentally challenged cousins.

I think it would be great. More than any player signing, his appointment would be an enormous statement of intent from the board and raise the national and international profile of the club. Additionally, he's one of the very few coaches who is a draw for top level players, which is important since we're not currently a CL club.

Even if he was here for 2-3 years max it would be a profound shift for us in terms of stature, and the fact he's won trophies everywhere he's been also helps. I don't doubt he'd take the Utd. job in a heartbeat, but if there's a chance we're in contention I think we'd be crazy not to try for him.

I think he is probably one of the only managers around that can keep our best players here voluntarily after the summer.

Even if he refreshes the squad with the quality additions he would inevitably be able to attract and then left in 2/3 years then we would be better for it.

I think wages are currently the major stumbling block, we are rich... But not 250k a week rich

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back