Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
I don't mean to be media obsessed but why isn't this a headline on sky sport news? When City got bought they did a 15 minute piece on it on the hour and broke it down throughout the hour. I don't watch sky sports since I cancelled my sky digital an opted to stream but just stuck it on a stream. Not even a mention at ten.

Difference is that when Citeh got bought they pretty much became the richest club in the world and almost immediately went out and signed Ronaldinho, a global superstar, the same day and made a lot of noise doing it. Add in the fact that they were the poor neighbours to one of the biggest and most successful clubs in the world and it becomes irresistible to the media. And all around transfer deadline day.

The deal today is not nearly as big a splash in terms of money, noise and current standing of neighbour.

Chelsea made a profit on a player who wanted to leave and was not doing enough when given chances. Chelsea fans only regretted it this season. I don't think KDB or Lukaku sales are justification for painting Mourinho with an anti-youth brush. He is pro-winning and I would love him to come to us.

It's just like David Moyes. You could argue he gave young players a chance like Jack Rodwell or you could say he held young players like Rooney and Barkley back.
If Lukaku and KDB couldn't get any starts, hardly even sub appearances, even when Chelsea were lacking in both areas of the pitch, why do you think Ledson, Kenny, Dowell, Walsh etc will be any different? They made a short term profit and a long term loss.

I'd hate Jose to represent our club for multiple reasons not just the academy one but this is for the Mourinho thread, lets keep it to Moshiri.

I have no doubts there were several parties interested, but it was upto Bill to pick the one he trusted/liked most and he picked this fella.
To be honest I was never keen on the Yanks, they were a totally unknown quantity where as this Iranian bloke has been involved with a Prem club for several years prior.

You can see why he was a favoured choice.
Moores and Noell were rejected by Swansea don't forget.

Well he should be if he wants to set the right tone. As soon as the ok comes from the PL, this feller should be front and centre giving us the plan in detail. Can you imagine someone bought up a major chunk of LFC and then not explain what the deal was going to be?

Evertonians have been treated like muck for decades by the club's owners. Moshiri shouldn't be allowed to fall into that pattern comfortably.

I'm astounded and gutted that Kenwright, Woods and the other divvy are still in place. It does not fill me with optimism and shouldn't do so for others.
Give him a bloody chance will ya fella.
Its not even ratified yet and you want answers.
Take a week away Dave , this really isnt doing you any good.

A few things are a worry:

• Does he have any interest in taking over the running of the club or is he happy to have an asset for the short to medium term?
  • (Relatedly) why are we still stuck with a failed regime plus one?
  • (Relatedly) no decisive control of the club
  • If the old regime are intent on staying and retaining shares, why will the the new feller think it wise to invest his own cash and make them money too after he's already handed them (unreasonable amounts of) cash for many of their shares? Why wasn't there a share issue rather than simple purchase of old stock?
Point one - don't know how hands on he'll be but more than RE and will seek to grow his investment one would imagine.
Point two - think you'll find that what he say's goes. BK and JW will probably buckle to his will. Would imagine that Elstone will have to either up his game or if the damage is deemed too great already will be gone in the next 6 months or so.
Point 3 - no but all it takes is for the holders of about 100 shares to not vote and he can pass any ordinary resolution he wishes.
Point 4 - the esk mentioned before that a majority shareholding may triigger certain "problems" with Prudential Trustees.
I mentioned that it may be possible that the negative pledges and clauses within Pru loan may prohibit fresh share issues.

I started off sceptical, but have attained the heights of tepidity at this point. More info required, but let's be honest, he has no obligation to tell us anything. Hope he does mind.

Last edited:

• Does he have any interest in taking over the running of the club or is he happy to have an asset for the short to medium term?
  • (Relatedly) why are we still stuck with a failed regime plus one?
  • (Relatedly) no decisive control of the club
  • If the old regime are intent on staying and retaining shares, why will the the new feller think it wise to invest his own cash and make them money too after he's already handed them (unreasonable amounts of) cash for many of their shares? Why wasn't there a share issue rather than simple purchase of old stock?

I think it's a process of evolution not revolution Dave. Here's a guy that understands the dynamics of different shareholding groups only too well and has taken a pragmatic approach - he's got effective control and over a period of time will shift things to the manner in which he wants things run.

I suspect within 2 years he will have total ownership of the club and there will be a complete change in personnel at Board and executive levels.

He's just bought nearly half of the club. He isn't a 'Robert Earl'. He's going to have a major say.

(Relatedly) why are we still stuck with a failed regime plus one?

We had a 'failing regime' because none of them had the personal wealth to take the club forward. That's changed. Plus Kenwright may still be chairman but his shareholding is heavily diluted and he's no longer 'the main man' at the club anymore.

(Relatedly) no decisive control of the club

For Moshiri to not have 'decisive control', it would need every other single shareholder to band together to stop him, and the fragmented nature of the shareholding means that would be highly unlikely.

If the old regime are intent on staying and retaining shares, why will the the new feller think it wise to invest his own cash and make them money too after he's already handed them (unreasonable amounts of) cash for many of their shares? Why wasn't there a share issue rather than simple purchase of old stock?

Earl is gone, Kenwright and Woods have a reduced shareholding. It's not the same regime. The new fella must think it's wise based on what he's already paid. Maybe there will be a share issue soon, it was only announced 5 hours ago.

I think we should hold off on thinking of ways to criticise and let things unfold for a bit, rather than pre-empting things to moan about.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back