Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I'd much rather our club does the correct due diligence and gets the right players that will fill any weaknesses than buy 10 middle of the road players just to make it look like we have the cash.

If it takes a few windows to do so then so be it. Step by step we need to enhance our reputation to back where it belongs, then we can start landing the big fish.

I've watched every pre season game and I can honestly say that if we don't add some quality to our team and retain the key players that Moshiri said he would try and do then we are in for a long old struggle of a season.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit for us to get involved in a relegation battle with the quality and more importantly the confidence lacking throughout our squad.

I know it's only pre season games and the results dont matter but the performances should see signs of improvement. This isn't happening at all, in fact we are getting worse.

I've watched every pre season game and I can honestly say that if we don't add some quality to our team and retain the key players that Moshiri said he would try and do then we are in for a long old struggle of a season.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit for us to get involved in a relegation battle with the quality and more importantly the confidence lacking throughout our squad.

I know it's only pre season games and the results dont matter but the performances should see signs of improvement. This isn't happening at all, in fact we are getting worse.
Looked like he meant business when Koeman was approached and rejected us and then Moshiri went in again and secured him. That seemed a turning point. Since then though we've seen him and his cohorts down tools in terms of urgency to get players in.

It's clear we'll be recycling again. A net spend of any note seems fanciful to me now.

Looked like he meant business when Koeman was approached and rejected us and then Moshiri went in again and secured him. That seemed a turning point. Since then though we've seen him and his cohorts down tools in terms of urgency to get players in.

It's clear we'll be recycling again. A net spend of any note seems fanciful to me now.

If the rumours were true on here then we got rejected not only by him first but also by Jose, Emery.
Don't know about a negative net spend but it's definitely not going to be what some predicted, no chance.

If the rumours were true on here then we got rejected not only by him first but also by Jose, Emery.
Don't know about a negative net spend but it's definitely not going to be what some predicted, no chance.

Not quite. Jose's people approached us, we had friendly chats, but everyone knew that once LVG got the boot/United wanted him, that would be that.

What phantom bids are you talking about? All the major agents are aware of our ability to spend and have been presenting their clients. Just look at the names we are engaged with currently. Before you tell me they've not signed for us, they've not signed for anyone else yet neither - Witsel, Carvalho, Adrien, Koulibaly, Mata, Draxler and others. It would be madness to suggest we are bidding for such players if we didn't have the resources to pay their fees and wages. We'd never be able to do business again, the agents would run us out of town.

The market will start to move once Pogba completes, and then further movement towards the end of the window. We were unlucky in that Witsel earlier in the window changed his demands, and one other when the selling club changed their minds, but we'll do big business before the end of the window for sure.
Whilst I am encouraged by these types of posts, those of us with no inside information only have Stekelenberg and Gana as evidence of our new strategy. This, coupled with on field disappointment in preseason, fits better with the sell to buy/business as usual theories being proposed than the Mersey billionaires version of things. It is also clear that the Mata and Witsel deals would hinge on the Pogba deal but I am less certain that the other 4 players you have proposed we would be looking to recruit are tied to this deal but, of course, I'm not privy to details of these targets.
There is tendency (not by @The Esk by the way) to belittle the fears of people concerned that we have been duped but at the moment, in my opinion at least, based on publically available information, their's is the stronger argument.

Turned us down. Or accepted a different offer.

Take your pick.

I only ask because I truly don't know anything that goes on at EFC apart from what I hear on here. Everton don't seem to have ever been media friendly down my part of the country at least!
In fact I don't think I've heard anything since he took over apart from the statement in the Chelsea programme and the meeting with the Joe Anderson? (Think that's his name)

I only ask because I truly don't know anything that goes on at EFC apart from what I hear on here. Everton don't seem to have ever been media friendly down my part of the country at least!
In fact I don't think I've heard anything since he took over apart from the statement in the Chelsea programme and the meeting with the Joe Anderson? (Think that's his name)

What part of the UK is that? I am in Bristol, so like you, only get stuff on here.

The difference is, I guess, is that I know, either on line or in the real world, the main ITK's on here, or those that have links to them. It is hugely frustrating, and I can understand the bewilderment and concern that many do have.

But Everton is a different beast. It isnt really showing that in the media, granted, but honestly, even if this window closes with a distinct lack of fanfare (which I dont think it will), others will not.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back