• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Foxtel loses EPL to Optus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply Jake. EvertonTV was on Eurosport last season(14/15 season). Hope that your channels team is seriously looking at other teams. Respectfully, 12 matches a season on a rival team's channel is hardly acceptable now is it? I think you'll find there are more Everton supporters in Australia than Tottenham, as an example. Strange choice really. It would stop me having to ditch a major part of my Foxtel package to get the Optus epl as a final resort. I know many Evertonians in Australia feel the same in the forums we are discussing this. Regards, George
You certainly can't fault Evertonian's passion, that's for sure. Especially now that the club (potentially) has the financial backing fans have been clamouring for, so exciting times may just be around the corner. I hope that we are able to expand our agreements and include ETV as well. :)

You certainly can't fault Evertonian's passion, that's for sure. Especially now that the club (potentially) has the financial backing fans have been clamouring for, so exciting times may just be around the corner. I hope that we are able to expand our agreements and include ETV as well. :)
Foxtel you are well informed I see. EvertonTV along with all the other sports channels we now have would be heaven for Australian Evertonians. I hope to see it. Don't want to touch Optus ;)

Haha conversation with Foxtel bloke taking a twist. This from him...

The bloke that just bought 49% previously owned 50% of Red & White Holdings, the firm which owns around 30% of my team Arsenal, so I'm very interested to see what happens with Everton. I think Bill did a great job, but onwards & upwards from here (especially if you can keep Lukaku, Barkley & Stones).

Haha conversation with Foxtel bloke taking a twist. This from him...

The bloke that just bought 49% previously owned 50% of Red & White Holdings, the firm which owns around 30% of my team Arsenal, so I'm very interested to see what happens with Everton. I think Bill did a great job, but onwards & upwards from here (especially if you can keep Lukaku, Barkley & Stones).
And my response of course ;)

Foxtel haha...how will you feel if Usmanov follows his mate Moshiri to Goodison Park then? :p

em

Foxtel haha...how will you feel if Usmanov follows his mate Moshiri to Goodison Park then? :p

emailed them; get Everton TV or I'm off to OPTUS

which will be a step down, because if foxtel is p poor Fetch is worse. Still might biff it anyway and go Freeview and Netflix

Last edited:
em

emailed them; get Everton TV or I'm off to OPTUS

which will be a step down, because if foxtel is p poor Fetch is worse. Still might biff it anyway and go Freeview and Netflix
Let us know when they give you a generic response. Freeview and Netflix? What are you going to watch there?

Let us know when they give you a generic response. Freeview and Netflix? What are you going to watch there?

probably what ever mrs degsy usually watches while I'm on here until she does one off to bed, then I watch proper stuff - drama series that you have to watch and listen too...all the usual subjects like Fargo Breaking bad Ray Donavon etc. and the UK equivalents.

probably what ever mrs degsy usually watches while I'm on here until she does one off to bed, then I watch proper stuff - drama series that you have to watch and listen too...all the usual subjects like Fargo Breaking bad Ray Donavon etc. and the UK equivalents.
SBS ON DEMAND mate. I love it.

Lads, I just started a new job at Optus and even the employees are confused how this is going to work.

In the last 3 weeks alone we've had 2 'amendments' to the policy so I doubt that the setup in place now will be the final one.

Try not to stress too much as we have until August for the new season. The moment I hear of anything new I will pass it on immediately.

The most recent update now from catching up on it all is that BeIN sports is now available on Fetch TV for a fee of $14.95 a month, therefore meaning that everything new to Foxtel has acquired in response to losing the rights is also available with Optus (minus the specific club channels but that doesn't include EvertonTV anyway).

However, to gain FREE access to EPL you will need one of the following 24 month plans:
  • Postpaid mobile plan totaling $85 or more a month
  • Postpaid home broadband totaling $80 or more a month
  • Postpaid mobile broadband totaling $90 a month
There are other, cheaper plans available but will require a further $15 a month payment to gain access. The general rule is that it MUST be a postpaid plan more than $80.

EPL streaming does not count towards data usage.

NOTE: The quality of the access will vary depending on the quality of the router you use at home. If you choose to go with streaming to a phone, tablet or your tv via wifi, it may not be in full HD. It's recommended that you hard wire from the modem, or acquire a Fetch TV set top box, which can include other channels such as BBC Knowledge, UKTV, etc to keep the wife/girlfriend happy.

This is far from ideal, and I'm yet to suss out if you have an eligible postpaid mobile plan, if you can get EPL onto your TV. Shall let you all know when I do.

I genuinely think that Optus didn't anticipate winning the rights in the first place and have now hit the panic button trying to get all this sorted.
This just confirms what I was told by Optus - see my post #125.

Some of you are unhappy with Foxtel and/or Optus, but to repeat, I can switch my Optus $115 unlimited phone plus internet plan to
a $120 plan which gives me that plus Optus TV Entertainment with EPL thrown in for no extra. I'll have that installed on her TV and
keep Foxtel on my TV which has beIN which has just been added to Foxtel as part of it's sports package without an increase in price.

I was previously paying $20 for it, so I have a net gain of $15. There are other benefits for us which I won't into here, but they free up
TV stuff which we've had to compromise on.

Those with Telstra phone/mobile/broadband plans can crunch the numbers and see if the $120 Optus plan suits you better.

Would you like to pay out the remainder of my contract mate?
That's why I said 'crunch the numbers'.

Look, it works perfectly for me because I have all my phone and broadband deals with Optus, but I realise that it wont be that
simple for everyone.

Even so, we've got until August to decide what we're going to do and I'm doing nothing until I see everything in black and white.

The other thing to consider is that Optus has the EPL deal for only three years, and may not have it beyond that. We don't want to
be chopping and changing that often, and in my case if we have both Foxtel and Optus TV for no more than we're already paying....well:)

Perfect time to now ask your new mate for a reduced monthly fee until such times as they show Everton TV :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back