• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Foxtel loses EPL to Optus

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's the impression I got, they said - We can't give you what we don't have. That may mean that they've done their sums and Untd Chealsea and the rs comprise of a fair enough % of their viewers for them not to worry too much.
They don't have Arsenal, Spurs or Man City either, could be they didn't ask them or they wouldn't come to the party at a price they could live with.

Me personally, I wouldn't shed one tear if Foxtel went bankrupt tomorrow...the world has changed since they put their business model together and it's out of date. They're not too far away from the makers of Gas mantles and VHS...things move on, for better or worse.
Online streaming it looks like then

Online streaming it looks like then

pretty much; ditch foxtel save $100 per month.

Last Sat I scrolled down the prog. guide for 9.30pm Sat out of nearly 100 channels there was nothing I hadn't seen before...many times - or wanted to see.

Last week I found free4u and watched the Norwich game no adds only dropped out once.

As I told foxtel; $100 for you and no footy - $13 for Netflix and no footy??

min $85 for optus on a stream for the footy + their P poor fetch tv
might just wear it and go cold turkey

Never said it was live and even if it was, none of the club channels would be live over here anyway (via Foxtel) But ETV would at least provide some highlights for those who want it.

On a side note, the ESPN stream I get on FerchTv is now really solid and much better quality than before, so looking ok for next season
OK. So, does Everton TV offer what the six clubs who Foxtel have signed up apparently do. That is, matches televised on delay, and can it be
subscribed to in Australia?

OK. So, does Everton TV offer what the six clubs who Foxtel have signed up apparently do. That is, matches televised on delay, and can it be
subscribed to in Australia?

I thought it was on Eurosport (someone else may confirm that) but I never watched it as I'd either watch the live game or record it and watch it first thing.

Plus after having watched the poor performance once, I didn't go hunting for highlights of it ;)

Apart from online streams, or signing up with a foreign BEIn account, it's either optus or delayed games on Foxtel when we play one of their club channels. That is unless Optus come to the party with the FetchTV mini for none Optus customer.

I thought it was on Eurosport (someone else may confirm that) but I never watched it as I'd either watch the live game or record it and watch it first thing.

Plus after having watched the poor performance once, I didn't go hunting for highlights of it ;)

Apart from online streams, or signing up with a foreign BEIn account, it's either optus or delayed games on Foxtel when we play one of their club channels. That is unless Optus come to the party with the FetchTV mini for none Optus customer.
Yes it was on Eurosport

That's why I said 'crunch the numbers'.

Look, it works perfectly for me because I have all my phone and broadband deals with Optus, but I realise that it wont be that
simple for everyone.

Even so, we've got until August to decide what we're going to do and I'm doing nothing until I see everything in black and white.

The other thing to consider is that Optus has the EPL deal for only three years, and may not have it beyond that. We don't want to
be chopping and changing that often, and in my case if we have both Foxtel and Optus TV for no more than we're already paying....well:)
I think that this is spot on. If you are able and prepared to move your broadband/phone to Optus then you will probably end up with a better deal overall. If you are locked in to another provider then not so good. As I understand it another advantage of Optus is that all games will be available online on demand. So there is no need to record games and you can even watch it at a more reasonable time.

I think that this is spot on. If you are able and prepared to move your broadband/phone to Optus then you will probably end up with a better deal overall. If you are locked in to another provider then not so good. As I understand it another advantage of Optus is that all games will be available online on demand. So there is no need to record games and you can even watch it at a more reasonable time.

What could be more reasonable than 10:00 on Saturday night?

Looks like Optus have caved to the barrage of abuse somewhat.

New information...

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/entertainment/sport/epl

Cheapest Pricing:
$30/month (12 months contract) OR $35/month (no contract)
+$5/month, Fetch Mini to watch on TV in HD

EPL 2016/17 season FREE. 2017/18 onwards $15/month.

Check if your Optus plan is eligible for EPL:
https://offer.optus.com.au/order-epl/

Every match on TV and on the go:
With access to the Premier League on all your devices (on selected plans) the action's where you want it to be. Register up to 4 devices to watch Premier League. Stream on 1 device plus simultaneously watch on Yes TV by Fetch.

**(So you can register 4 devices (tablets, phone, don't know if includes PC and Smart TVs), allowed to watch only on 1 device at a time but can simultaneously watch on Fetch TV. So my guess is Fetch TV is separate and not included as 1 of the 4 devices.)

Big screen experience:
The Premier League app will be available on selected TV platforms – details coming soon.

**(Looks like some smart TVs getting the EPL app as well)

Premier League website:
Your dedicated Premier League website. Watch games live and on demand, explore stats, news and reviews.

**(Not sure if website will stream in HD, if does then Fetch Mini might not be necessary..)

Yes TV by Fetch Mini:
Available from July and additional charges will apply. It cannot be used on the Optus mobile or home wireless broadband network and can only be connected to a fixed internet connection (data charges may apply depending on your service provider).

**(They are pretty smart.. so looks like the Fetch Mini blocks all Optus connections haha...)

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/mobilebroadband/data-sim-card

So quick recap.

Mobile Phone SIM Option – No Contract
http://www.optus.com.au/epl#get-it
$35 month to month is the way to go if you have no interest in keeping the phone service or paying the increased EPL fee next season

Either hook up a PC to a tv, watch from an android device or Apple TV (Current Gen). Or $5 for fetch mini making it $40 per month.

Mobile Broadband Option – No Contract

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/mobilebroadband/data-sim-card#

$30 month-to-month, no contract, EPL included. Either hook up a PC to a tv, watch from an android device or Apple TV (Current Gen).

Unknown

1. Whether Mobile Broadband option allows the $5 fetch mini add-on.

People trying to stay away from Optus

1. BEIN MENA – whrl.pl/ReCtiZ
2. Possible NZ options – whrl.pl/ReDWC3

yes mate...I have contacted the SKY bigwigs and can confirm that we can watch the game of our choice every weekend. Good outcome!

PS : it'll cost about NZD12.00/month

About £1 a game? Wow. I'll get as part of my current subscription.

It also means I can still watch the match in bed streamed by SkyGo to my phone without getting up which is great.

Looks like some good news for us East Islanders, there may be a legal option after all.

@Elong @Kiwi @deipnosophist

Sky TV may have NZ EPL rights.

yes mate...I have contacted the SKY bigwigs and can confirm that we can watch the game of our choice every weekend. Good outcome!

PS : it'll cost about NZD12.00/month
That's 12$ on top of the standard Sky Sports package, which is quite decent if you already have that.
I don't so won't be forking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back