• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Foxtel loses EPL to Optus

Status
Not open for further replies.
score 1 for the Kiwis

So I have an unlocked up to date android, no lock in contract
I can buy an OPTUS plan for $35 and get the PL for fee
and send it via my chromecast thing I already have to the TV
Ditch Foxtel and save $99

That about it?

That's 12$ on top of the standard Sky Sports package, which is quite decent if you already have that.
I don't so won't be forking out.

I believe there will be a BEIN direct internet platform offered that a non SKY subscriber can access...NZD18/mth

Also the Sky offering will include three pop-up channels, so we may not be broadcast live if there are more than that many games simultaneously.

I guess the plus is if we are performing, we're likely to be shown, and if we're not doing well then having to watch on replay, rather than waking up at 2am may be a blessing in disguise.

Also the Sky offering will include three pop-up channels, so we may not be broadcast live if there are more than that many games simultaneously.

I guess the plus is if we are performing, we're likely to be shown, and if we're not doing well then having to watch on replay, rather than waking up at 2am may be a blessing in disguise.
If the pop-ups aren't showing, an internet option (BEIN direct) will be available. Long and short of it is : Everton games will be accessible live (via TV or legal stream)

isI just switched my $115 pm unlimited landline phone and internet plan to $120 plan which gives me the same plus 35 pay tv channels and Premier League.

I have to install the set top box myself when it's delivered in a week or two and I just know there's going to be a problem. I don't
know where the signal will come from but if there is a problem I'll just tell Optus to come out and fix it.

I've kept Foxtel, which is in a different room, btw, because there's lots of stuff I'd lose such as F1, golf majors, European football leagues, and heaps more.

isI just switched my $115 pm unlimited landline phone and internet plan to $120 plan which gives me the same plus 35 pay tv channels and Premier League.

I have to install the set top box myself when it's delivered in a week or two and I just know there's going to be a problem. I don't
know where the signal will come from but if there is a problem I'll just tell Optus to come out and fix it.

I've kept Foxtel, which is in a different room, btw, because there's lots of stuff I'd lose such as F1, golf majors, European football leagues, and heaps more.
Wow. So you are paying about $200 per month to watch telly? :Blink::Blink::Blink:

you will likley have the new model fetch box with wifi, if not you can just use the powerline adapters when in different rooms to hook the box up to the modem

Once the fetch box is connected to the modem it should be just a case of plugging it into the aerial then letting the FetchTV "update" itself and configure and you'll be done. From memory the install guide was easy to follow

Wow. So you are paying about $200 per month to watch telly? :Blink::Blink::Blink:
Not really. The $i20 to Optus includes our landline phone and our internet, both unlimited.

Some people might ask why we bother having a landline phone, but we make calls to the UK and we can speak for as long as we like
for nothing. Well, when I say nothing, it's all included in The $120. And I can't expect those people in England to ring a our mobiles when they call us.

We can also call any mobile in Australia and speak for as long as you like. Very handy when
my mrs ring our kids and yaks for hours.

you will likley have the new model fetch box with wifi, if not you can just use the powerline adapters when in different rooms to hook the box up to the modem

Once the fetch box is connected to the modem it should be just a case of plugging it into the aerial then letting the FetchTV "update" itself and configure and you'll be done. From memory the install guide was easy to follow

Thanks for that info. I believe I'll be supplied with PLC adapters. Our computer is two rooms away from the TV set we'll be fitting up.

Guess what. The STB box has just been delivered. I'll let you know how I get on.

BTW, I've just noticed this morning that Foxtel have launched the Man Utd, Chelsea and Reds channels. I checked the programming and
they are mostly old club docos which keep repeating. Doesn't interest me.

Not read this thread and it's probably been mentioned ages ago, but:

Can you lads not get that Premier League Pass? Those links are always floating around, pretty sure it's available in New Zealand, could VPN it?

Not read this thread and it's probably been mentioned ages ago, but:

Can you lads not get that Premier League Pass? Those links are always floating around, pretty sure it's available in New Zealand, could VPN it?

They lost their rights at the end of last season. Hence all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The new package from Sky TV will cost $120 for the season (£11 per month), which is a saving on the $199 PLP cost. The biggest downside is that if there are multiple games (e.g. Saturday arvo) there is a chance they won't be screening the Everton game. I'm also not sure the matches will be available to play on demand online later, so you'd have to either watch it live, catch a scheduled replay or DVR it.

Note: I tried VPN to view my Sky TV account when in Oz and Japan with no luck, they appear to have it blocked.

They lost their rights at the end of last season. Hence all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The new package from Sky TV will cost $120 for the season (£11 per month), which is a saving on the $199 PLP cost. The biggest downside is that if there are multiple games (e.g. Saturday arvo) there is a chance they won't be screening the Everton game. I'm also not sure the matches will be available to play on demand online later, so you'd have to either watch it live, catch a scheduled replay or DVR it.

Note: I tried VPN to view my Sky TV account when in Oz and Japan with no luck, they appear to have it blocked.
£11 per month?

If that's not an error in currency, then it's hardly worth it for Australians really.
I will be going the Optus for $35 per month route I think after negotiating a discount with Telstra of that amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back