2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
After last season I so wanted him to do well. Saying he was taking this competition seriously and then making 11 changes is not a good look. Give him the game on Saturday and anything but a win get rid. As many have said the World Cup will give us time. I would love to see Big Dunc back for the rest of the season, at least he would kick some ass as far as the under performing players are concerned. Not looking forward to taking my son to Sydney next week now. This result does show what crap we have on the bench. Dom looks done as well, and we need to get a real replacement striker in January. Knee jerk reaction but I just don't care anymore. The life of an Everton fan these days sucks, can we just go back to the days when I spent every other weekend standing on the Gwladys, god the 80's were good.
Big Dunc. Are you serious? Good god.

After last season I so wanted him to do well. Saying he was taking this competition seriously and then making 11 changes is not a good look. Give him the game on Saturday and anything but a win get rid. As many have said the World Cup will give us time. I would love to see Big Dunc back for the rest of the season, at least he would kick some ass as far as the under performing players are concerned. Not looking forward to taking my son to Sydney next week now. This result does show what crap we have on the bench. Dom looks done as well, and we need to get a real replacement striker in January. Knee jerk reaction but I just don't care anymore. The life of an Everton fan these days sucks, can we just go back to the days when I spent every other weekend standing on the Gwladys, god the 80's were good.

….ffs, Ferguson!!

One of the good things Thelwell has done is getting him out.

New season same [Poor language removed].

If our second string don´t have the intention to impress if given a chance, than they failed their job.

Is it really a manager thing, that EFC cant be good at football constantly?

Even worldclass manager Ancelotti couldnt get a constantly tune out of the team. No cup runs, 10th in the league, dull football.

I dont know what the problem is, but in summer FL set a new central defense and it worked in the league but we dont improved the attacking part. January is a must for wide area and 2 new strikers needed.

Really frustrating performance but I don't blame Lampard for last night. That result is 100% on the players.

The only positive is that all the dross who have wanted to play and finally got their chance showed just how inept they really are. The sooner we get rid of the likes of Holgate, Keane, Davies, Doucoure etc.. the better.

You could view this as a positive in a strange way as at least it shows that we cannot rely om the back up players and they need moving out

Really frustrating performance but I don't blame Lampard for last night. That result is 100% on the players.

The only positive is that all the dross who have wanted to play and finally got their chance showed just how inept they really are. The sooner we get rid of the likes of Holgate, Keane, Davies, Doucoure etc.. the better.

You could view this as a positive in a strange way as at least it shows that we cannot rely om the back up players and they need moving out
lol. another Lampard worshipper.
What he didn't know they were inept already?

Can you blame the players really? They just aren't good enough, but they didn't buy themselves and give themselves massive contacts at Everton.

It would be like putting about 6 of us from GOT in the team then pinning the blame on us when the club got relegated.

The blame lies with:
Moshiri for persisting with Kenwright who has been nothing but an abject failure over three decades at the club.

Moshiri for his constant hiring and firing, leaving incoming managers with squads full of players bought by about 6 previous managers.

Moshiri for getting it so painfully wrong and allowing the likes of Walsh and Brands to piss over £500m up the wall. We should 100% be regular Champions League qualification contenders but are almost relegation favourites again.

Thelwall and Lampard for wasting what precious little money we had on the likes of Maupay and McNeil, and not offloading Gordon for mega money when it was so obvious we had little money left and needed proven firepower to avoid relegation.

There is no way at all that Maupay and McNeil were forced on Lampard by Thelwell, so of course Lampard has to take a lot of blame this season for having to play League Two wingers as Premier League strikers.

The brand of football we play absolutely stinks, as well.

If money is available as it should be in January, I'd give Lampard until March to turn it around. Even if we continue picking up an average of only a point a game, we wouldn't be adrift in 17th place or below by then.

If he spends on a striker and winger in January and can't take us out of the relegation fight by March, then you have to sack him in an act of desperation to try and stay up.

But there would be no real point in sacking him now if money isn't available in January, as nobody can get any more from this work woeful squad of players.

They shouldn't be playing. No need to play them when we've got a World Cup break after the weekend.
I agree with you that the team last night should not have played and we should have played much more of the first 11 with them all going to have the next several weeks at home resting. It reminds me much of the Liverpool game under Moyes where Gerrard got his hat trick because Moyes gambled on that game for the cup game at the weekend and we drew in the end making it pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.