2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh don’t get me wrong, this isn’t lampard’s fault. I just think we’re worse than some people realise at the moment. I hope I’m wrong though.

I've seen enough to say there's solid foundations that once they click, we'll be fine.

It's certainly more confident football IMO as in players actively wanting to pass, making the right decision. It's just been let down in the final 3rd. It's not a pragmatic approach like Carlo's (he saw the squad and knew what to do), and it's not the abomination The Kopite tried to instill..

We were away from home today so what do you expect?

Our players are mentally weak, which is understandable given that we accrued just 6 points from Benitez’s last 3 months in charge last season.

Frankly unless they have 40,000 blues cheering their every move they simply can’t perform. I’m incredulous about the fact that I’m typing that, but it’s true.
They weren’t mentally weak today, if they were we’d have lost by a fair few

Lets be honest if we had a propper striker on there today Villa dont win.
Gerrard will be under pressure soon enough when any team with decent strikers rips them a new one.

But for now they want Lampard ( and by association ) us to fail.

Yes, spot on.

Villa were able to bring their record signing on and he def improved them but they were pretty lucky to beat us. I think we also caused them a lot of problems when we got our act together.

Lampard is maybe a target as he’s seen as someone who’s got a few decent jobs without achieving much.

Which is fine, is any of the players could play it. Our attackers can’t control it and look petrified of the ball!
Absolutely right. But don't waste Gordon on wrong position. Don't reinvent the wheel. You have attacker in your team. When that's not working, then mix your cards.

Obviously not.

He had DCL available at the start of last year and didn't have to sell Richarlison. The two scenarios are totally different

In my judgement, the o,Ayers are playing for and improving under the manager, we are short in one line, I don’t think we really deserved to loose either game we played and think results would be different with the clear deficiency amended.

That’s my judgement, does sacking the manager make us more likely t9 score next week, no, therefore logic dictates…..
Where are they improving? Today we couldn't score and conceded two. A clean sheet is a thing of the past.

We were away from home today so what do you expect?

Our players are mentally weak, which is understandable given that we accrued just 6 points from Benitez’s last 3 months in charge last season.

Frankly unless they have 40,000 blues cheering their every move they simply can’t perform. I’m incredulous about the fact that I’m typing that, but it’s true.
Mentaly weak? With that job and sallary they have? Please tell some of club fans, with milion problems that someone with 50-100 k a week is mentally weak. I don't buy that s.... Get out and preform.

I don’t forget how bad we were between the middle of last season but is that the bench mark?
No mate but we’ve got to start somewhere Top 6 is unrealistic but I think we get a foothold in the league for February then aim for as many points as possible by the end of the season and we might surprise a few people.

Mentaly weak? With that job and sallary they have? Please tell some of club fans, with milion problems that someone with 50-100 k a week is mentally weak. I don't buy that s.... Get out and preform.
I think he is addressing that mental weakness. We lost a game today that would have gone either way. We need a win next week at home no question. And I think we will win comfortably. Then the season starts proper for the blues

Status
Not open for further replies.