Gosling lost due to more boardroom incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like we've lost Dan Gosling due to more incompetance by Kenwright and his useless cronies in the boardroom.

Great eh? Its cost us a transfer fee. Oh and the services of a fine young prospect.

No doubt the Chicoazuls of this world will come on and defend our consistently Bungling chairman.

"He's ace". Yeah right. Ace at cocking everything up.

Whatever happened to the Gentleman's Agreement?

You should also remind GOTs so-called 'top poster' who makes quite a habit of abusing new members who don't share his views.

Point taken mind.

What are you talking about? I don't abuse new posters. I try to make them feel welcome. :P

You should also remind GOTs so-called 'top poster' who makes quite a habit of abusing new members who don't share his views.

Point taken mind.

I think you will find he only has a real go at people who show up here with their backs up and swinging at all-comers.

Regardless of blame in all this, I don't really want a player & manager that are capable of screwing a club like this.

Sure, he's used the rules to his advantage & taken advantage of the clubs assumption that he would honour a verbal agreement but, he has clearly shown his hand & what would happen next time? What demands would he put on the club? Sorry Dan, but we'd rather not have players with that kind of attitude here. Thanks for the goal & good luck with your next big trick.

Its a compleate fiasco and poor evidance of all that is wrong in the game, i think its absolutely shocking Gosling has shafted everyone in football who has given him an oppurtunity at Plymouth and Everton - for the sake of earning a few thousand - im sure many in football have taken a chance on this kid and hes just compleately gopne and thrown that trust and faith in thier faces, he will never go far with values like this in football or life.

Secondly the club are guilty of being naeive and secondly you have to question the professionalism of all involved - i heard about this potential situation back in Feb, so if i knew you canbet the club did, naievity or being blazie, whichever its clear we have lost on Sponds we dont really we have. What annoys me is that that potential five million could havebeen enough to give Arteta and Pienaar the increases in contracts. Im also dissapointed as i rated Gosling he had one of the best engines in the team and i could see him developing the same way Milner has had Villa, he was something different to what we had and he had come up the goods often enough against the highest quality to be rightly deemed a really good prosepct in the future - its a really big loss in every sense for me.

Appealing apparently:

Everton are furious with the way Dan Gosling has handled his contract situation and are to appeal the Premier League's decision.

Manager David Moyes and chairman Bill Kenwright are both said to be livid with both the decision and the player after the 20-year-old successfully argued he was entitled to a free transfer after the club failed to put a contract offer in writing by a cutoff date in the middle of May.

Everton's chances of winning their appeal look to be remote and the player, signed from Plymouth two and a half years ago, will be free to negotiate a new deal with a new club.
West Ham and Newcastle are both lining up offers for the player who could have expected to earn around the £15,000 a week mark had he stayed at Goodison Park.

I was a big fan of Gosling but, he was at best a very good squad player
wether he will trun out to be a regular prem player we will have to see
on saying that, if he go's to Newcatsle, he will only get one season in the Prem anyhow.
I tend to agree with the poster who said, there must be doubts with his fitness
you dont get where Kenwright is in life by being incompitent
also the poster who mentions angents up to no good is prob right.

Point taken mind.

Actually, it was you the new poster - from another forum who's come on with abuse - in your first thread.
Lee Huyton:
Gosling lost due to more boardroom incompetence.
So it looks like we've lost Dan Gosling due to more incompetance by Kenwright and his useless cronies in the boardroom.

Great eh? Its cost us a transfer fee. Oh and the services of a fine young prospect.

No doubt the Chicoazuls of this world will come on and defend our consistently Bungling chairman.

THATS A FACHT

We've seen the same thing time and again, when the nomarks "over there" on that stupid forum feel the need and they feel they've an opportunity they pile onto here ...

You're just the latest.

Are you nomarks going to try spamming the GOT server again you complete BLERTS!

Its a compleate fiasco and poor evidance of all that is wrong in the game, i think its absolutely shocking Gosling has shafted everyone in football who has given him an oppurtunity at Plymouth and Everton - for the sake of earning a few thousand - im sure many in football have taken a chance on this kid and hes just compleately gopne and thrown that trust and faith in thier faces, he will never go far with values like this in football or life.

Good post- apart from the spelling. I agree with all this.

He hasn't actually , LEFT . He's able to talk to others BUT HAS NOT ACTUALLY LEFT EVERTON FC .

Closes door . Heads back to exile , ...

He hasn't actually , LEFT . He's able to talk to others BUT HAS NOT ACTUALLY LEFT EVERTON FC .

Closes door . Heads back to exile , ...

Hello LCAB.

Doesn't sound like the top echelons of the club are too happy with him though.

Does he seriously believe he's done anything to merit parity with Rodwell?

No I think not. Flashes yes. But nothing really substantial.

Thats the inescapable conclusion I come to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back