GOT Fantasy Premier League - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just checked and my team now is worth an extra £1 million.

I don't really see what's so special though. If you wildcarded that wouldn't give you much more to work with.

RIGHT. Here is my team at the moment including transfers from last night. Much improved now!!

Hart

Baines
Dawson
S. Taylor

Arteta
Van Der Vaart
Barkley
SWP
Barton

Aguero
Dzeko

With Orr, De Laet and Kevin Davies on the bench, but i might swap kevin davies for the Yak or maybe even Peter Crouch, advice?

RIGHT. Here is my team at the moment including transfers from last night. Much improved now!!

Hart

Baines
Dawson
S. Taylor

Arteta
Van Der Vaart
Barkley
SWP
Barton

Aguero
Dzeko

With Orr, De Laet and Kevin Davies on the bench, but i might swap kevin davies for the Yak or maybe even Peter Crouch, advice?

Wait till next Friday before making transfers. You'll be FFSing everywhere if any of your side get injured during the international break.

Last minute changes everytime, and don't put people in because they scored some points last week. That just doesn't work in the long term.

Wait till next Friday before making transfers. You'll be FFSing everywhere if any of your side get injured during the international break.

Last minute changes everytime, and don't put people in because they scored some points last week. That just doesn't work in the long term.

Ha, I've made that mistake sooo many times. Friday night / Saturday morning changes are the only way

So is picking a good captain FFS! Note to self / reminder....change captain!!

Ive only taken Cahill out for Arteta (obvious), put in SWP because he is cheap and a great player in a crap team - so he is bound to get points, and put in Dzeko, and i was going to put him in last week but forgot (ARGGHHHH) but he has played every week, so it cant hurt to have both city players upfront, atleast one will always get the points.

Plus injuries dont matter so much, i have a good bench, the strong players of the weak teams.

All i need to figure out, is who should i have in defence - steven taylor or Jagielka/Heitinga - i want to put in Heitinga but theres no guarantee he will play - but if he does - he is more likely to get points than any other defender as he plays in midfield.

And Crouch, Davies or Yakubu? Which one?!?! Decisionssss

Ive only taken Cahill out for Arteta (obvious), put in SWP because he is cheap and a great player in a crap team - so he is bound to get points, and put in Dzeko, and i was going to put him in last week but forgot (ARGGHHHH) but he has played every week, so it cant hurt to have both city players upfront, atleast one will always get the points.

Plus injuries dont matter so much, i have a good bench, the strong players of the weak teams.

All i need to figure out, is who should i have in defence - steven taylor or Jagielka/Heitinga - i want to put in Heitinga but theres no guarantee he will play - but if he does - he is more likely to get points than any other defender as he plays in midfield.

And Crouch, Davies or Yakubu? Which one?!?! Decisionssss

Don't get too hung up about having a good bench, just put cheap players who start every game on there. You get a free transfer a week so you can ensure your starting 11 are as strong as possible. If someone doesn't play then that's generally unlucky, especially if you leave your changes until the last minute when you'll have a decent idea of the likely teams.

You've played football? A good player in a crap football team may look great, but he's dependent upon his 10 team mates helping him out in terms of contributions. There are always comments like 'he'll score most/all of their points', never the case. QPR will need a few weeks to settle down before you should be evaluating who might score points for them. Loads of people put Taarabt and Sinclair in their sides at the start of the season on this basis, they're the same price as proven players who have/will score many more points.

So, SWP is 6.5m? He played twice last season, his price is inflated by hype and because he was at Man City. I'd seriously consider a player who is likely to play every game in a settled side over and above him : Chris Brunt 6m, Danny Murphy 6m, Matt Jarvis 6.1m. All of these three will start every game when fit, all of these three take set pieces. Jon Walters is a striker listed as a midfielder at 6m.

Defence : Everton don't/won't concede heavily, neither will Villa, Stoke, Fulham, West Brom or Liverpool. All of these clubs have defenders at 5m or thereabouts. Look there. I try and avoid spending more than £5m on a defender.

Strikers : Out of the three you've named, I'd take Kevin Davies every time. Plays every week, will score every other week. Downside is the odd booking but he plays in a decent side geared to service his strengths with two wingers. THE bargain striker in my mind. Yak will probably do well, but will need a couple of games to get fit. Crouch won't start immediately I don't think. Jones/Walters have worked well to date for Stoke.

also putting efc players in is fine but if you actually want to do well then the only player to have is baines and i would wait till weve got over our usual slow start before bringing him in

personally i always try and start with a 3-4-3, a crappish defence but quality in mid and attack. Try and get as many top 3 or 4 players in. Personally i think the top 3 will be city, utd, lfc so im packing those in to start. Doubling up on players from the same team in the same postions ie tevez n dzecko isnt a good idea as they prob wont both score every game.

personally i always try and start with a 3-4-3, a crappish defence but quality in mid and attack. Try and get as many top 3 or 4 players in. Personally i think the top 3 will be city, utd, lfc so im packing those in to start. Doubling up on players from the same team in the same postions ie tevez n dzecko isnt a good idea as they prob wont both score every game.

But Man City are likely to get more than one goal, and the odds of getting points off one of them - and maybe an assist, is increased!

Going to change my defence abit, so i either have midfielders in there (like heitinga) or L/R backs, means more points (still gets the clean sheet, but more assists likely)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back