In all seriousness, this derby record: WTF are we going to do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...it helps to have silverware but the period needs to be sustained rather than brief interludes. It’ll probably have to be a matter of them regressing and us progressing. The perfect storm. Off the pitch infrastructure will help support the change in status quo.
I cant see that bearing fruit even if built by 2022 for a long time.

We need another route. We need a reliance on home grown talent and an absolute wizard in the transfer market who is a great motivator.

I genuinely think these games are fixed, the derby is lost prior to the game. Far inferior team than us has gone to Anfield and won. Or our mentality is weak, the walls at Finch Farm talks to the players and say the RS wins anyway or something garbage like that. We need a medium.

The record is incredibly one sided lately and it really shouldn't be. It's quite a phenomenon going on right now.
This is the most galling thing about it.

We've had Clattenburg, Yellows become Reds after a word from their Captain, we've had Red cards overturned a week later, we've had the ball moved to a new postcode at a late freekick, seen flying assaults go unpunished, we've played weakened sides because we have a quarter final game three days later at home, we've under hit back passes at Wembley, we've agreed to play too often at lunchtime on a Saturday when I've not had enough ale, we've had goals struck off for full time when its sailing into the Gwladys St net, we've had penalties galore given against us, we've seen an alleged Cameroonian World Cup celebration as a sometime England international has been on his knees crawling alongside the goal line cupping his hand to his nostril, we've conceded in the first minute, conceded in the last minute, we've had racists propel themselves fifteen feet in the air in front of our bench to taunt our manager, we've been called a small club by the occupiers of our old ground - in fairness, they've done a bit of touching up since we last won the league there - we've also season in season shown our neighbours a respect that they simply don't deserve since the back pass rule was introduced. I've seen Steau scarves worn as a badge of honour by those too young to even remember the reason why, I've seen banners & heard chants from a fanbase that typify the double standards surrounding a football club who bring shame to these shores on a recurring basis & yet are celebrated by their sycophants in the media.

For the first time in a long time last night we took the game to them and showed them no respect - I loved Kenny backing Holgate up - loved Davis not even looking twice as Gok Won was retrieved from row three - the ingredients for change are there. Its Glory Past, once our first team realise they can go toe to toe & win against them is when we start to restore the balance. It's heavily tipped one way at the moment though! I still know we're better though.

Gok Won.....lol

You are right.....that is who he looks like lol

We've had Clattenburg, Yellows become Reds after a word from their Captain, we've had Red cards overturned a week later, we've had the ball moved to a new postcode at a late freekick, seen flying assaults go unpunished, we've played weakened sides because we have a quarter final game three days later at home, we've under hit back passes at Wembley, we've agreed to play too often at lunchtime on a Saturday when I've not had enough ale, we've had goals struck off for full time when its sailing into the Gwladys St net, we've had penalties galore given against us, we've seen an alleged Cameroonian World Cup celebration as a sometime England international has been on his knees crawling alongside the goal line cupping his hand to his nostril, we've conceded in the first minute, conceded in the last minute, we've had racists propel themselves fifteen feet in the air in front of our bench to taunt our manager, we've been called a small club by the occupiers of our old ground - in fairness, they've done a bit of touching up since we last won the league there - we've also season in season shown our neighbours a respect that they simply don't deserve since the back pass rule was introduced. I've seen Steau scarves worn as a badge of honour by those too young to even remember the reason why, I've seen banners & heard chants from a fanbase that typify the double standards surrounding a football club who bring shame to these shores on a recurring basis & yet are celebrated by their sycophants in the media.

For the first time in a long time last night we took the game to them and showed them no respect - I loved Kenny backing Holgate up - loved Davis not even looking twice as Gok Won was retrieved from row three - the ingredients for change are there. Its Glory Past, once our first team realise they can go toe to toe & win against them is when we start to restore the balance. It's heavily tipped one way at the moment though! I still know we're better though.

I love this post.

The best post.....EVER :dance:

Well in mate. How are things on RAWK these days, still stinking of piss?
No idea what your referring to there. I've been at Evertonian for 27 years season ticket in the upper street end for 15 done every season home and away up until my daughter was born so swerve it talking that [Poor language removed] mate

..i’ve often referred to it on this site as ‘changing the status quo in the city’. We did it briefly under Kendall. I think it was late ‘87 season when we’d already won the league and beat them 1-0 at Goodison from a Wilkinson goal (I think). The likes of Rob Wakenshaw played, John Wark missed a penalty.

That game was surreal because for once we were just superior. The Boot was truly on the other foot. For that reason, i’ve never forgotten that meaningless game. The aim is to return to that state. Kendall managed it.

I have a feeling that was 85. The week before Heysel.

Still hear pundits say form goes out of the window...
In reality this is the most predictable fixture in the prem.
The collective psychological weakness has been well documented. A new breed of fearless warrior is required. The signs are there. I hope so.

Great post mate

Atletico Madrid went 23 games without a win versus Real Madrid...but that was against Galactico era Madrid. Our 16 game run is against a series of iffy Kopite teams.

I remember once they started a derby with all their centre backs injured, and had to go with Traore (a garbage baby giraffe of a full back) and Biscan (a rank average centre mid) as centre backs.

Full time: Everton 1-2 Liverpool

This will be the best post of 2018

Pace power height creativity and character in all 11 positions. We can’t keep going up against 11 mad dogs trained to hound us all game with old men and kids with no pace. We’re always shorter, slower, weaker and have no leaders. Until we put together an 11 that is better than theirs we’ll always find it difficult to win.

Last night was closer. McCarthy being fit stopped us getting ran over and once we had Lookman and Bolasie wide we started to look better and matched them. The usual weakness of Jags lack of pace and concentration did for us at the corner but we were a lot closer.

The defeat that will hurt the most for me is the one directly after we beat them.
Last time we won at Anfield with Super's scramble, we didn't win our next ten. We forget that. I agree with you though, they aren't the standard that we should benchmark ourselves against. It's three points if we win, then next game same again, get the points.

We've got drawn into this win against them and we're happy. Well, to be fair last night, I didn't realise how close the moon as I went round it & landed back on my seat in The Anney Road, but we're on the same page, it's about winning as many as you can and as often as you can. Once you start doing that, who it is....doesn't matter.

Too many cowards. A problem not fixed from the days of Moyes.

We don't bring in winners; we bring in bargains. Anyone who shows an ounce of class is moved on within a year or two.

Carragher of all people nailed it - Everton go to Anfield scared and polite; Liverpool go into derby games wherever it is looking to thrash us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back