Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got another trainee conductor one that I'm waiting on, they use the results from tests I passed in December and say they'll get me to do their new Saville 1 again, they said a few of them had a go at it and had the same experience as I did .. also finding they are unsuitable for the job they've been doing for years. Changes to Arriva in April so chances are that future applications will use Arriva's recruitment methods/process.

Waiting to hear from Paint Job after 3rd interview + a phone 1.

Just put 1 in for a Junior Estimator in a machine shop, a 47 year old jnr like but the description matches my experience & cv as they want someone with my experience that doesnt want to work on the machines, good money whilst a jnr tbh & when qualified they are on a fair old whack.... plus its DAYS !! no shifts at all. A mate was an estimator at AWRE Aldermaston & was on about £90 an hour for a while !!!

Knockback for conductor email just arrived.

Gonna push 4 this estimator 1 tomorrow as only 2 eggs in the pan & as that 1 is days for the same money it's the 1 I'd prefer, plus not a shop floor position & more scope for when qualified.. more chance of employment & money, the paint 1 is a bit niche really & would be fine for working there but not particularly elsewhere if lost job.

just a quick question for anyone really

ever been a position where you feel that you have put in 100% for the company you work for, maybe even gone beyond the call of duty on numerous occasions however still don't feel valued by your employer and when it comes to promotion opportunities you are always overlooked.

Did you stick it out and eventually got where you wanted to be in the end or did you decide enough was enough and cut your losses and start afresh somewhere else?

looking back how do you feel about the path you took?

just a quick question for anyone really

ever been a position where you feel that you have put in 100% for the company you work for, maybe even gone beyond the call of duty on numerous occasions however still don't feel valued by your employer and when it comes to promotion opportunities you are always overlooked.

Did you stick it out and eventually got where you wanted to be in the end or did you decide enough was enough and cut your losses and start afresh somewhere else?

looking back how do you feel about the path you took?

Tell them you are leaving

Come back as a contractor

Earn more for the same job

You will get somewhere mate trust me.

Agreed Carlos, being out of work for a few months here and there in the last decade is soul destroying, but it gets there in the end

My worst stretch was five months I think in early twenties

Really feel quite sad reading this thread,the hoops young people are made to jump through to get what were once considered to be menial jobs.I didn't realise that the zero hours thing was so endemic in the UK.When I left Uni in the 70s it was a case of ,you chose your employer.I know times change but it certainly isn't for the better.All I can say is good luck to all of you working so hard to get a start in your chosen field.

Really feel quite sad reading this thread,the hoops young people are made to jump through to get what were once considered to be menial jobs.I didn't realise that the zero hours thing was so endemic in the UK.When I left Uni in the 70s it was a case of ,you chose your employer.I know times change but it certainly isn't for the better.All I can say is good luck to all of you working so hard to get a start in your chosen field.

I'm 20 and can't get a break in any field of work. Beyond ridiculous. Proper eager to work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back