Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a notification of another interview at Manc Uni as a technician on 26th.

They threw a bit of a spanner in the works after the initial application by sending an email stating that they had missed out something from the job description (giving opportunity to withdraw application) it related to Electrical Experience, anyway I left it in because I thought I'll see how I go with none listed in my initial app & experience.
It's definitely my weakpoint but I'm gonna just say I have basic skills from when you used to be able to do stuff at home, and you can still do it on cars (fixed my air con & blower last week ffs). For what they asked for in the rest of the job description and the amount of experience I find it unlikely that anyone will have vast elec quals unless they retrained after stopping doing the cnc machining. So, I'll see how it goes.

Important Issue of my conductor interview before then anyway, and I may have even heard by the 26th.

It is an attractive job though, more money (but poss of free travel on railway that makes it about the same) & purely day shift & no weekends.

1 step at a time though cos I still reckon I'd rather be on the trains.

Interview seemed to go well yesterday & should hear anytime in next 10 days, 'kin new shoes creased me & interviewer was wearing same suit so any worries that it was a bit too blue were put to bed.

Apart from that though I believe a Forum Member has just began training for a position that definitely requires some guts
@bluegirl has just began training to become a Firefighter, Good Luck in that Mollie !!

Interview seemed to go well yesterday & should hear anytime in next 10 days, 'kin new shoes creased me & interviewer was wearing same suit so any worries that it was a bit too blue were put to bed.

Apart from that though I believe a Forum Member has just began training for a position that definitely requires some guts
@bluegirl has just began training to become a Firefighter, Good Luck in that Mollie !!

Good luck sir!

Just had an interview to keep my own bloody job here. The joys of fixed term contracts..

Got an interview for a place down in Falmouth. Nice area and nice job - especially for a first full time position (graduating in July) but don't think I can attend as it's such a handling to get to. Bus is 10+ hours and train is 180 return. Shame really.

Find it equally tough being on the other side. A few weeks ago I interviewed a young girl who really keen and I thought yes the jobs hers. Then the next girl come in and interviewed brilliantly, then after a couple of duds an older bloke came in who you could tell was desperate for a job and could easily have done it. Really is a tough decision when you know they can all do the job and it's going to be life changing for them. Ended up with choosing the second girl and she's fitted right in and that makes you feel good that you made the right choice.

Typical questions

What do you know about the company
Why would you fit the role
Where do you see yourself in x amount of years
Why are manhole covers round

Typical interview questions forward please. ;)
Would you describe yourself as a team player? (No need to answer that one Rom)

Find it equally tough being on the other side. A few weeks ago I interviewed a young girl who really keen and I thought yes the jobs hers. Then the next girl come in and interviewed brilliantly, then after a couple of duds an older bloke came in who you could tell was desperate for a job and could easily have done it. Really is a tough decision when you know they can all do the job and it's going to be life changing for them. Ended up with choosing the second girl and she's fitted right in and that makes you feel good that you made the right choice.
I bet she has some really good 'assets' eh mate? Hahahaahhaha !!!

Just got the knockback email from the Railway Conductor.

I contacted them as hadn't heard anything & minutes later got a rejection email, GUTTED tbh as been after it for a long time now & put quite a bit into it including it costing me about £130 to prep & get a suit for the occasion etc.

Had knockbacks come through for

Network Rail - Signaller Jobs, Crossing Keeper, On & Off track Maintenance
Transpennine - with a 6 month period where can't reapply
Northern - Possibly a 6 month barr as well
Arriva Wales - 1/2 way through the stand down period
Royal Mail - but tbh a 16 hr contract isn't much good to me and after applying I was gonna pull it but just cba & left it to see where I got to.
Paint Robot - Finally got binned after 6 months of no info.

The only thing left in now as far as I can fathom is the Technician Job at Manc Uni that I went to last week & I'mn supposed to find something out tomorrow afternoon.
Pay wise it's probably the best out of all the jobs I applied for due to being day shift for same kind of money, at the moment I could REALLY do with getting it as most of my apps seem to have gone to the wind.

me since Wednesday ....
tumblr_lzmp64sypD1qzv71jo1_500.gif

Got my first ever Skype interview at 11am and i'm pretty nervous for it. No idea how it will go, can only pray that there will be no internet problems today!

How's that work then? Do they call you, or you them?

Good idea, I s'pose. I once spent one (rather dull) interview trying to read the ID card on the lanyard of the woman who was interviewing me.

I didn't realise until about 10 mins after the interview that she must've thought I was ogling her norx all the way through :blush: Needless to say, I didn't get the job!

Depending on the camera angle, I wouldn't think that could happen...Unless it's on some of those websites where They want me to pay for a private interview :cool:

How's that work then? Do they call you, or you them?

Good idea, I s'pose. I once spent one (rather dull) interview trying to read the ID card on the lanyard of the woman who was interviewing me.

I didn't realise until about 10 mins after the interview that she must've thought I was ogling her norx all the way through :blush: Needless to say, I didn't get the job!

Depending on the camera angle, I wouldn't think that could happen...Unless it's on some of those websites where They want me to pay for a private interview :cool:

I have absolutely no idea! I've emailed then my skype username and literally don't know what to expect. Haha, think i'm going to have to keep my eyes fixated onto the webcam and if they're offering any extras with money I will politely accept.

I have absolutely no idea! I've emailed then my skype username and literally don't know what to expect. Haha, think i'm going to have to keep my eyes fixated onto the webcam and if they're offering any extras with money I will politely accept.
Keep your hands still and where they can see them at all times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back