Jack rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
...he's always flattered as far as I'm concerned. Tidy player, but RM seems to like those that drive on from midfield and he rarely takes a game by the scruff of the neck. The rumours on this deal appear strong, but RM will have to improve him.

There are 3 players at the least we do not want back, Rodwell is one the other two are Lescott and Heitinga.

Nobody has suggested buying Hetinga again and the Lescott/ Rodwell departures were completely different.
Personally I want Rodwell back, we've got a long season ahead and we'd be better spending our money buying a winger and striker. Besides, being an Evertonian has got to count for something, right?
Bobby would get the best out of him, the talent is there alright.

you need to play matches to toughen/recover your legs, despite all of man city's resources they cannot afford to give him a run of games. It is stop and start for him. how many injuries has he actually had??

Just before he moved he had a couple of decent camio's for England and looked very dangerous and nearly could've should've scored a couple. I was then speaking to him on a flight home from France where he had been on holiday. To the distain of my missus and kids I was advising him about being more attack minded and when Moyse is telling him to track back play square and so on, that he's to take no notice and get up and support the attack. Just watch Tiny I said. You could see he was impressed and grateful for this free advice he was getting. Seriously though I did see a different player in his last 6 months at Everton but then the pitfall of going to Citeh came. Don't think he will ever be aggressive enough to do what McCarthy can do but think he can turn into a goal scoring attacking player. So he's gone from centre half to attacker. Loan would be a good option but please agree a fee first if we where to buy him later on.

Jack had great potential and that's what Citeh bought.
I'm not overly keen to re-sign him but he did score THAT goal.

I would not entertain a fee for him, I would sooner spend 60 grand on more seamus coleman's. But Bob knows what he is up to and if he chooses young glass legs then so be it. Ithink he could take over the mantel of the ageing Leon Osman.
Didn't realise it was that simple. I'll just tell Roberto to pop down the Seamus Coleman shop and pick us up 20.

After 2 years in the wilderness at City where they have paid him over £5milion to score 2 goals and make 10 tackles he surely deserves another chance to succeed. Roberto is the man to nurture and inspire the obvious talent that has been left to stagnate in the unnatural billion pound environment that produces arguably the best player in the league moaning about a 'birthday cake'.
No he doesn't deserve another chance

He was a below performing crock at Everton and he was the same at city

So no let him sign for hull or Leicester and find his level.......... . When he's fit that is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back