Jack rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it that people see in Rodwell?

I've never got it. Even when with us.

I'm happy to be educated though.

United and Athens (I think) goal aside what has he done? Ever?

Spot on.

I think some have severe attachment issues because he's "one of us". The thread title speaks volumes. Save him? If he wanted saving, he would come out and say that he needs to leave City for the benefit of his footballing career.

Spot on.
I think some have severe attachment issues because he's "one of us"

He was highly rated enough to captain England at all youth levels(?) then got capped for the senior side, and looked good. He's only 23 and just happens to play in a similar way to one Gaz Bah, who's been brilliant for us but most likely leaving. The fact that he's a blue so would fit right in at the young revolution is just the icing on the cake.

Thing is, up until an hour ago I thought 'He's just been like Gerrard when he was young hasn't he? Suffering from niggling injuries for a few years..' Unfortunately it would appear not and he genuinely is unable to play 90mins, which means the whole case for him is now total rubbish.

After 2 years in the wilderness at City where they have paid him over £5milion to score 2 goals and make 10 tackles he surely deserves another chance to succeed. Roberto is the man to nurture and inspire the obvious talent that has been left to stagnate in the unnatural billion pound environment that produces arguably the best player in the league moaning about a 'birthday cake'.
Hello Jack
*waves to Jack*

Saving Rodwell is the equivalent of trying to save an old love interest who's now involved in a polygyny. She's being given 90k spends per week, drives luxury cars and even performs occasional lewd acts on yachts in the middle of the Persian gulf. In spite of this, you, the ex, think there's a chance she wants to come back to you and your one up, one down. You've even kept the few remaining possessions of hers she didn't take. Its a tragic tale.

Oh, and during this time you've been informed that she can't walk for a week after a brief session.

After 2 years in the wilderness at City where they have paid him over £5milion to score 2 goals and make 10 tackles he surely deserves another chance to succeed. Roberto is the man to nurture and inspire the obvious talent that has been left to stagnate in the unnatural billion pound environment that produces arguably the best player in the league moaning about a 'birthday cake'.

You his agent mate?

I'm happy to be educated though.

United and Athens (I think) goal aside what has he done? Ever?

He was born English...that's what he's done. Made him a wealthy lad being born English.

On the pitch, he's meh beyond that goal vs United.

I said my piece on Rodwell a long time ago, but just to recap:

First of all, he doesn't need 'saving'. He could retire tomorrow and never have to work another day in his life. At the age of 23.
Secondly, we sold him for a reason. Because the fee we received for him was great. And because he wasn't exactly pulling up any trees at the time.
Thirdly we were all amazed with the fee we got for him. No one was really that upset that he went. And Moyes didn't exactly mess around or put up a fight before selling him.

Rodwell would not improve our current team. That's the cold, hard fact. We should be looking to bring new, fresh players in, who have a hunger and desire. And also bring through more of the uber-talented youth team that have excelled for club & country.

And as for the 'he could be a useful squad player for us'.... he's a 'squad player' at City. On £90k a week. Why would he want to be a 'squad player' for us on less than half of that? Whoever he moves to next, he'll want virtually guaranteed first team football. He wouldn't get that from us.

Let's all just move on, eh?

lets go get james vaughn back his career with everton was blighted with injuries and he had massive potential , he even did a hell of a lot more than rodwell didnt he, i could imagine the comments about him not being good enough and found his level in the championship, which is true so lets forget about crock rodwell who the same isnt good enough, citeh bought him as they wanted a few young english players capable of playing in a few games versus poorer teams, or we could even go and get anichebe back even he did more than rodwell :)) lets resign these players to our past, they were just young players with bags of potential who are just average players with average ability :) move on

In a way he's right though surely we don't need him as a midfielder and as a defender we have stones and others coming through - why waste the cash
I don't necessarily disagree that we don't need him (actually think he could be really good in Barry's role if he stayed fit - but he won't), but people seem so throwaway when talking about Coleman's price.

It's ASTONISHINGLY difficult to do what we did in signing Coleman for that price and to just say "is rather spend £60k on more Seamus Colemans" is ridiculous.

You could buy another 100 60k players and probably never get another one like that.

I'd take him back on loan with a view to buy, if he contributes, stays fit and shows enough to enough a permanent then sign him up. I'd also like Richards for about £4m and Milner for about £7m. Sod it just give them £12m for the trio and be done with it.

Rodwell does have potential however I think he struggled with Moyes tactics like many other players. It's a bit like Felaini when he was at us he was considered a top player however now everyone think's he's useless. In the 2009/2010 season he showed some promise however he never really did much after that. If Barry isn't staying he would be a useful buy but I wouldn't pay more than 3 million for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back