Jack rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got potential but needs to stay fit would take him on loan with a fee fixed with the europa league next year we need a bigger squad

Rodwell never seemed to have enough to his game, and when Moyes decided he didn't want him to play the ball forward any more then that that was the end of him for me.

He's not good enough for us, never was and never will be.

We aren't some sort of charity. Also what's the obsession with resigning former players

Don't agree. There is a very good player in there. Injuries were his main problem.

I'd have him back no problem.

Funny how some feel any player they deem good who is a blue and one of us MUST stay or they become traitors. A player THEY don't deem good enough they turn on quicker than bread goes stale and being one of ours doesn't matter! Haha..

He played about as well under Moyes as Barkley did. I'd love to see him back and see how he develops under Martinez. Seems like an ideal squad player for the EL. McCarthy, Barry, Gibson, Rodwell, some nice midfield options there. I realize injuries are an issue but i'd be happy if we signed Barry and took Rodwell on loan

If Barry wants a new experience/country/challenge away from us, then I can see Rodwell playing the simple game that Barry did. I think when Rodwell was here, we expected him to be the new Gerrard. Scoring goals from distance, brilliant long passes etc., but that just didn't materialise, hardly any goals. Plus we have Barkley now. Rodwell's game, I think, is never going to be what we imagined it could have been, but it could be neat and tidy, sweeping up like Barry, he could do a job if he stayed fit.

2.5m as a favour to take him off of their books.

If they so not then [Poor language removed] them.

He was poor for us, every pass he made was backwards and sidewards. £12 million for him was sensational business

Lacks the ability to glide through midfield or find that killer pass , Ross does it so effortlessly. He's already light years ahead of where Rodwell has been at any point in his career.

Can you name a couple of games where you've come away and thought - yeah Rodwell was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch? I cant. He had 1 good half against United and a decent few games in the Europa League but that's it. We got decent money on the back of a few good cameos for England.

We have moved on now we don't need a crock in our midfield, Gibson already does a pretty good job at that

1391536278957.webp

I don't understand why people keep saying Gibson is damaged goods or a crock. Any player can get a long-term injury! We paid £2m for him and he can do everything well. Pass - shoot - tackle - curl the ball into the top corner. I hope he gets strong and fit so we can rotate and rest a bit more next season.

I'd have him on loan, like. He's not a bad player, just a sicknote. But we're desperately short of midfielders.

And I don't think we should be so dickish about him. He was a sound lad and never kicked up a stink; he only moved because the club were pushing him out the door when that offer came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back