2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a completely different continent much less sport but the NHL requires insurance on all players and, should that player get injured, insurance picks up ~80% of it iirc. I'd LIKE to think it transcends sports?
I'd like to think so as well.

Judging on the limited research I've conducted, it's dependent upon the individual policy taken out by the club. In the case of JPG some portion of his wages will be covered by this policy.

Lets hope that when he returns he'll be able to reach his best level.

Be interesting to see if we catch sight of him in the next training video the club release, which I reckon could be next week now with Friday being Christmas Day.

The 9 on the bench rule might help us bring him back softly. He can sit on the bench and if we are comfortable in a game with 10 minutes to go bring him on. Eventually build his minutes up until hopefully he can start.

cant risk that, he'd pull a muscle putting his socks on or climbing the steps to the back of the seating area

I know you are just joking but he's been out so long his reintroduction could be a painful one. I think it could be end of season before he'll be fully ready. He could be the ideal 3rd midfielder alongside Allan and Doucoure or he might be done hopefully we will at least find out.

I know you are just joking but he's been out so long his reintroduction could be a painful one. I think it could be end of season before he'll be fully ready. He could be the ideal 3rd midfielder alongside Allan and Doucoure or he might be done hopefully we will at least find out.
you noticed my subtle rapier wit then hey.

Having had two ACL injuries (amongst many other more minor ones) you are right, unconscious compensation, conscious protection and the general increase in mobility will strain things and generate niggles, that may explain why he has been off the radar for longer than we expected if the medics are hiding him away until these are dealt with in private. Thats pure conjecture that last bit.

Having had two ACL injuries (amongst many other more minor ones) you are right, unconscious compensation, conscious protection and the general increase in mobility will strain things and generate niggles, that may explain why he has been off the radar for longer than we expected if the medics are hiding him away until these are dealt with in private. Thats pure conjecture that last bit.

Yeah I noticed the wit. However on here you can never quite be sure as some people just want to argue for the sake of it!

I remember many years ago waiting for Hinchcliffe to come back from his knee injury and he then did either his thigh or hamstring in his return. It also seemed to be the case with Oviedo after his injury.

Yeah I noticed the wit. However on here you can never quite be sure as some people just want to argue for the sake of it!

I remember many years ago waiting for Hinchcliffe to come back from his knee injury and he then did either his thigh or hamstring in his return. It also seemed to be the case with Oviedo after his injury.

no they don't

Terminate him and claim on the insurance. Don't tell me the club does not have insurance for when any player clearly becomes incapable of fulfilling his side of the contract for a prolonged period. Too bad, bye bye, spend the money and more on a replacement. It is nobody's fault, just a unfortunate happening.
A bit harsh. You forget there is a person behind the injury stats, albeit somebody who has possibly already earned more than most of us will in a lifetime.

Plus who's to say his career is over. Players have come back from longer injury lay offs. Look at Danny Ings for example.

I've actually got a good feeling about Gbamin. At least he's coming in to a functioning midfield with two good players alongside him in Allan and Doucoure who can protect him whilst he gets up to speed. He's also another big lad in that midfield so if he can get up to speed we are quite an intimidating proposition for opposing midfields, which will be refreshing after years of watching us being the midfield butter to other teams' hot knives.

If He comes and plays again, he will always be careful and hold back, not good for us. Another McCarthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back