2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would sell him for any price myself before he no doubt gets put out on loan, and any fee getting later into his contract gets lower, he wont play much if at all again, and even if like last season he did well the odd friendly game he is not injured for, it probably wont mean a thing, we have to stop this thing where we keep players for the sake of it mostly and just loan them out for the fun of it, before they eventually just leave for nothing

When we signed him it was said that he could play centre half as well.
I doubt we will get anybody willing to spend money to sign him so why not give him a try in pre season as a centre half.
I've been hoping for this for a while...his agent thinks he's better there but he wants midfield. ?‍♂️

So am I right in thinking his book value is around £9m given we bought him for £22m on a 5 year deal, 3 years ago?

If so, with his wages being worth ~£4m a year, and sale of over £5m is a profit on FFP isn’t it?

Surely with him being fit for the past 6 months we can sell him now for that kind of figure.

So am I right in thinking his book value is around £9m given we bought him for £22m on a 5 year deal, 3 years ago?

If so, with his wages being worth ~£4m a year, and sale of over £5m is a profit on FFP isn’t it?

Surely with him being fit for the past 6 months we can sell him now for that kind of figure.
I know everybody likes to focus on FFP.

But what you must not forget is that we are being accused of breaking Profit and lose rules, the reason being we buy players for XXXX amount and in most cases sell them for X and mostly 0, so the business takes a MASSIVE hit in its cashflow.

Thats the main reason we are in the mud.

But what you must not forget is that we are being accused of breaking Profit and lose rules, the reason being we buy players for XXXX amount and in most cases sell them for X and mostly 0, so the business takes a MASSIVE hit in its cashflow.

Exactly this.

I understand FFP a lot better than I do profit rules, is that based more on cash flow rather than asset amortisation?

If it is, I’d assume the wages off the books and cash for the sale would be better than us caring about the loss on the overall transfer?

I.e. £5m in and £5m off wages for the year is better for cash flow than him staying put and costing us £5m wages a year?

I understand FFP a lot better than I do profit rules, is that based more on cash flow rather than asset amortisation?

If it is, I’d assume the wages off the books and cash for the sale would be better than us caring about the loss on the overall transfer?

I.e. £5m in and £5m off wages for the year is better for cash flow than him staying put and costing us £5m wages a year?
Mate I have a very, very basic understanding of it.

All I know is that although we make a profit selling at a loss for FFP benefits, the overall impact on our balance sheets affects us more.

We've been doing it for a long time,but surely nobody (except Burnley and Leeds) imagines for a minute it's being done on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.