2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we would or could take Russian money for him.

I want him back. I want to see if there's anything close to the player we bought in there. He's a unit with pace. A healthy player of that profile would go a long way toward solving our midfield problem. We wouldn't have the likes of Gomes getting shoulder barged off the ball every five minutes, if anyone tried that against this dude they'd bounce off him into the front row.

….interesting point, presume any trade with Russia is a no, no. Mind you, we’d be taking their money rather than supporting their economy.

Give him the pre-season to prove.
I think we have to. Russian football isn't the best, but the fact he played pretty much every minute of every game out there tells us he's finally back to full fitness and can still cope with regular football. That doesn't mean he can do it in the PL, but we signed a good player and now all other worries are finally put to the side we have to take a look and see if it's still in there. Getting a tune out of him next season would be a massive bonus.

May sound a bit ruthless but I'd sell this guy ASAP we need to get rid, this big run of consecutive games he's had sounds completely unnatural given just how long he's been out for, the risk of him breaking down again completely is just too great for me, especially considering we don't even know if he can cut the prem, no point gambling

The fact that hes an accountant means that hes able to turn a 360million loss into a break even 105million over 3 years.

Hes a wizard Harry.
Someone told me that Everton's losses will likely lead to a points deduction. I don't know the Premier League rules with regard to
clubs finances. Is there anyhing in this.

Interesting article in The Athletic today on his time in Russia, basically saying how he managed to keep fit but started well and finished not so well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220601-071223_The Athletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20220601-071223_The Athletic.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 154
May sound a bit ruthless but I'd sell this guy ASAP we need to get rid, this big run of consecutive games he's had sounds completely unnatural given just how long he's been out for, the risk of him breaking down again completely is just too great for me, especially considering we don't even know if he can cut the prem, no point gambling
Ruthless? You can use many words to describe Everton, ruthless isn’t one. Sell, move on is the only decision here. Problem is, does anyone want to buy him and does he want to take a wage cut? Whoever he goes to isn’t paying him close to what we do. Can see it being loan after loan until his contract is up. Another in the list of disaster signings.

Interesting article in The Athletic today on his time in Russia, basically saying how he managed to keep fit but started well and finished not so well.
Said after his first couple of games he basically stopped being arsed and preferred going out on the lash

As mentioned he's managed to stay fit and played over 900 minutes so hopefully he's caught the attention of a club willing to take a chance on him and probably on the cheap, if he could stay fit id take a chance on him here but don't think he could handle the premier league physicality.

Everton's Board of Directors need to start running the club within the tears of FFP regulations. They need to be getting value for money, paying inflated wages for players who spend their time in the treatment room rather than on the pitch has to stop. How much have we wasted on wages for this guy, Delph and Tosun over the last few years. Our scouting system is costing us a fortune and may come back to bite us in the form of a points deduction next year. I hope the club review has looked at this aspect of our business and sacked anyone who has had a hand in these very poor decisions.
Was it Kenwright who said "when other clubs have difficulties they ask themselves how would Everton do this". In terms of transfers we have to ask ourselves "How would Everton do this"? and then do something different.

As mentioned he's managed to stay fit and played over 900 minutes so hopefully he's caught the attention of a club willing to take a chance on him and probably on the cheap, if he could stay fit id take a chance on him here but don't think he could handle the premier league physicality.

That’s your hope.

We’ll, actually my hope is people will see a bit of a diamond in the rough and think they can mould him into a top player, and get him for a relatively “low” fee.

Hoping a German side will come in for him myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.