2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everybody likes to focus on FFP.

But what you must not forget is that we are being accused of breaking Profit and lose rules, the reason being we buy players for XXXX amount and in most cases sell them for X and mostly 0, so the business takes a MASSIVE hit in its cashflow.

Thats the main reason we are in the mud.
If only the owner could recommend a good Accountant ????

Did absolutely no harm for himself this winter by getting rave reviews in Russia.

I know the Russian league isn’t anything special, but hopefully means we can get an 8-figure fee.

He has basically said he would like to go back to CSKA, next season. Who can blame him, he has played 11 out of the 12 matches they have had since he signed, got 2 goals and 2 assists. Is it a coincidence that he has been fully fit during his time in Russia? Or are our medical team gash? Or is he not physically strong enough for the prem?

I think its hard to judge with him because we have barely seen him play, maybe get him back for pre season and have a look at him, but if someone made a cash offer I think we would sell if we had him in the squad we couldn't really rely on him to stay fit.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...m-everton-ace-keen-on-re-joining-former-club/

Could we sell to cska? Not sure we would be able to get any money from them due to current situation in Ukraine.

I understand FFP a lot better than I do profit rules, is that based more on cash flow rather than asset amortisation?

If it is, I’d assume the wages off the books and cash for the sale would be better than us caring about the loss on the overall transfer?

I.e. £5m in and £5m off wages for the year is better for cash flow than him staying put and costing us £5m wages a year?

Most fees in reality are paid over 2-3 years (depending on the deals negotiated) from a cash flow point of view. In the profit and loss, for the P&S rules it’s amoratised over the length of the contract as players are considered intangible assets.

Did absolutely no harm for himself this winter by getting rave reviews in Russia.

I know the Russian league isn’t anything special, but hopefully means we can get an 8-figure fee.

Funny thing is mate if we took how he's looked in Russia and he wasn't our player, he'd look a smart buy, he's played superbly the 3-4 games I've seen and exactly the type of midfielder we lack, in fact he's looked as good as Witsel did here.

Shows how looking at a league like this can be very very deceptive.

He has basically said he would like to go back to CSKA, next season. Who can blame him, he has played 11 out of the 12 matches they have had since he signed, got 2 goals and 2 assists. Is it a coincidence that he has been fully fit during his time in Russia? Or are our medical team gash? Or is he not physically strong enough for the prem?

I think its hard to judge with him because we have barely seen him play, maybe get him back for pre season and have a look at him, but if someone made a cash offer I think we would sell if we had him in the squad we couldn't really rely on him to stay fit.

Yes.

So am I right in thinking his book value is around £9m given we bought him for £22m on a 5 year deal, 3 years ago?

If so, with his wages being worth ~£4m a year, and sale of over £5m is a profit on FFP isn’t it?

Surely with him being fit for the past 6 months we can sell him now for that kind of figure.

I understand FFP a lot better than I do profit rules, is that based more on cash flow rather than asset amortisation?

If it is, I’d assume the wages off the books and cash for the sale would be better than us caring about the loss on the overall transfer?

I.e. £5m in and £5m off wages for the year is better for cash flow than him staying put and costing us £5m wages a year?

This is correct.

Once you get the hang of it its quite straightforward.

Funny thing is mate if we took how he's looked in Russia and he wasn't our player, he'd look a smart buy, he's played superbly the 3-4 games I've seen and exactly the type of midfielder we lack, in fact he's looked as good as Witsel did here.

Shows how looking at a league like this can be very very deceptive.

I think the lad fell out of love with football whilst here.

Every time you saw him, he looked challenged by the league, in the videos I’ve seen him in, in Russia I’ve not seen him without a smile, like he’s enjoying himself.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us get a “decent” return, people will see him almost as a “Low Risk, High Reward” player.

I don't think we would or could take Russian money for him.

I want him back. I want to see if there's anything close to the player we bought in there. He's a unit with pace. A healthy player of that profile would go a long way toward solving our midfield problem. We wouldn't have the likes of Gomes getting shoulder barged off the ball every five minutes, if anyone tried that against this dude they'd bounce off him into the front row.

Status
Not open for further replies.