Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

High Risk even for free. If he flops/doesn't play and Dele does the same this season we will be a complete laughing stock..... Oh wait, we already are. The only players we want should be CLEARLY hungry to play, he isn't ??

nkounkou
Moise kean
Gbamin

Not saying you dont try. But this notion they are all out there and just need signing.
Not easy but need to change direction. For example Mykolenko seems promising and good business, but paying high wages to cast offs which may not work out and have no sell on is just a drain on resources which are clearly limited

29 is not 33.

Nobody has any idea what the wages would be either. I’ve seen people in here being negative and quoting 200k a week with zero evidence.
Even around £100k is an awful lot for a club in our situation. He's going to have been on a good wage at United.

I think its a big risk.

Agreed mate I pointed it out earlier, as I see the value free trend the club are actively cultivating, that tells me a lot.

Really mate, 1 out 3 (so far) interesting,

I’m coming to the understanding that we might not be able to pick an approach or strategy and just reboot with young talent exclusively, im seeing red flags in a lot the club is doing in terms of approach, to make me think, we’re going to just manage and limp along with a broken wing until we hit BMD.

The frees are part of that IMO. Wel have the odd signing, but I see the Tarowoskis, Lingards filling the transition void of our limited finances, regulation problems and need to cut losses and push capital toward BMD. Think we will use the loan market to.

We have scope I think to spend 10-20 mill on players this summer (in my opinion) or rather scope in regulation - so not saying we won’t sign a/couple young hungry one or a Dennis or whoever.

Whatever the rational it feels a thing. You sense the club know its losing a fair bit of wages and not fees, so it can replace the wages, hopefully with upgrades more easily.

As you say, it's a sticking plaster than can allow you to maintain position in the league. Its probably better than spending big money in similar players.

You also have to factor in amortisation. Like Lingard at say 6m a year, they may feel is a reasonable deal.

The strategy has benefits, but it's not what we were sold on in terms of strategy. It also makes it harder to sell on players, which is an important part of the needed strategy.

But honestly, 2 domestic loans 1/2 overseas loans and some frees allows us to kit the team out quite effectively for little cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.