2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

If it would have been stek or Robles they would have got slaughtered.

Robles was getting slated even when he came in for a run of games and was actually really good, some people were queuing up waiting for the slightest mistake from him so they could have a pop.

It's weird how certain players for some reason are immune from criticism no matter what they do in the eyes of some of our fans mate.

Robles was getting slated even when he came in for a run of games and was actually really good, some people were queuing up waiting for the slightest mistake from him so they could have a pop.

It's weird how certain players for some reason are immune from criticism no matter what they do in the eyes of some of our fans mate.
It got embarrasing at times the rubbish wrote about Robles who was perfectly good enough at the time.
We now have a good upgrade and some idiots still moan about him

Robles would have gotten roasted for that (and tbh he would have probably gone up and caught it). Good to get the result, but he wasn’t able to really showcase himself today. Brighton didn’t threaten much.

He actually got injured in the first half - it might not have been visible on the telly. He was really struggling and that may have had an impact for Brighton's goal today.
It very well could have. I still thought right as I saw it that he should have come out for it. Was surprised he didn’t meet it

I believe the header was scored from inside the six yard box, in which case Pickford should be challenging for these balls....

It is a weakness in his game & he must improve on this as it will cost us in future games...

I believe the header was scored from inside the six yard box, in which case Pickford should be challenging for these balls....

It is a weakness in his game & he must improve on this as it will cost us in future games...

I agree that I would like to see him commanding his 6 yard box more but I don’t think there’s much he could have done with regards to Saturdays. It was a quickly taken corner and a great ball in, with pace and right on the money. Real time in the stadium I did wonder but have seen replays I dont think there’s much he could have done.

I think he did catch a corner against Man U but its rare that he does, and it is such an asset if your keeper can take the pressure off by coming out and claiming a late corner or free kick, that I hope it’s something he’s really working hard on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back