2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the header was scored from inside the six yard box, in which case Pickford should be challenging for these balls....

It is a weakness in his game & he must improve on this as it will cost us in future games...
Had the ball come straight in from the corner I would 100% agree with you. But it was angled in from the corner of the 18 yard box. Had he come for it and not got there in time he'd have been crucified. Maybe he could have done better but it's a tough one for me and not as clear cut as some are saying.

The one thing I will say is that some fans are looking for things to pick him up on. He's a very good young goal keeper and only going to get better with experience. I don't know why we do it.

If people like him or not,some go way overboard in blaming him for things that are not his fault full stop,yes he takes the odd chance and i hate that myself when he trys to dribble it or pass inbetween the back 4 etc,he has made the odd mistake,but some are acting as though its every single game or whatever

No, he is not but the fact that this thread - win or lose - is buzzing with the same posters wanting to critique him is getting pretty tedious.
Every dang keeper we have had gets the same treatment Pickford is now. If anything, they have been much fairer to Jordan than they have Joel and the others.

No, he is not but the fact that this thread - win or lose - is buzzing with the same posters wanting to critique him is getting pretty tedious.

Constructive criticism does not hurt anyone, continuous improvement is required if you want to move forward...

Pickford is a good keeper but has faults, so to improve he has to work on his weaknesses...

It is not unreasonable to expect Pickford to claim crosses in the six yard box...

Every dang keeper we have had gets the same treatment Pickford is now. If anything, they have been much fairer to Jordan than they have Joel and the others.

The criticism levelled at our former keepers - and I'm talking Howard, Joel, Stek here - was mostly fair considering how poorly they performed at times.

Joel didn't get a fair shake of the stack by a few because he had shown himself to be a massive dope who had at least a clanger a game in him.

Pickford doesn't have that. Time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back