Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I feel about his first bit of business being to bring back a guy that was part of the previous regime that failed miserably.

Must be the easiest job in the world being Evertons performance analysis manager

Picture the scene

Lampard storms into maccavennies office after another 5-0 drubbing, "wtf macca, tell me what's going on with this shower of crap"

"Well Frank", says macca in his authoritive yet trustworthy voice "I've crunched the numbers, computed the fractions, worked the percentages, subtracted the odds, divided the skilll versus pressure and set it against goals scored, chances created and shots conceded from outside the box and the results are in".

"What's the results macca????"

"I can confirm we are absolutely crap" maccavennie says.

"Great work macca" Frank's says with a face of admiration and appreciation...."Bill's in the canteen, tell him Frank sent ya for a pay rise you absolute performance analysing legend".
It's this sort of tactical acumen that has every top club in Europe after you macca. Fylde are lucky to have you on board.

I just hope he isn't a Ghost, I know nothing about him nor do I care who he supports.

I just want someone who is competent in the role, explains decisions and the vision to the fans correctly and doesn't give soundbites.

There has been multiple examples of this from other DOF/CEO/MD's over the last season or two.

He cannot be a ghost and has to be accountable to what he was employed for

First ‘new’ appointment made……. How long before Danny D is back I wonder…..

So small time. lol lol

Has he even done an interview with the club media yet? Given how awful things have been, from the academy through to first team signings it would be nice to know what the plan is.

That is true but what Thelwell needs to do is get these players agents in and explain to them that their client has no future with the club and it's within their best interests (for the sake of their career) to find them a new club. A good agent will do this, at the end of the day they are going to make money from any future transfer. A bad agent won't help their player and will tell them to sit tight regardless of if they are playing and you would question the player and the agent then tbh.

No doubt that's what was said to Cenk Tosun, Oumar Niasse and quite a few others over the years both at Everton and clubs all over the world regardless of stature.

Whether an agent is good or bad is entirely down to what their client wants to get from their career and whether they can deliver that.

An agent will know whether a move makes financial sense and doesn't need to be told that by a DOF. From a purely financial sense it may make more sense to milk a huge contract, scoop up all the ongoing loyalty payments and then leave on a free knowing that it maximises the signing fee, wages and other bonuses potentially coming their way at their next club.

Agents will know who fancies taking on their players and what opportunities are available. Telling them to sit tight can often be exactly the right thing to do.

Apart from in very special circumstances no player will walk away from a cast iron contact that guarantees them multiple millions.

If they are told they won't play then they will ask to be loaned out which at least should partially offset the losses but if they go outside the PL you may see 10pc of their wages covered.

Apart from in very special circumstances no player will walk away from a cast iron contact that guarantees them multiple millions.

If they are told they won't play then they will ask to be loaned out which at least should partially offset the losses but if they go outside the PL you may see 10pc of their wages covered.
Any idea why we would appear so reticent to Loan players & subsidise wages even when they appear to have little or no chance of playing for us.

Tosun seemed a strange one

Any idea why we would appear so reticent to Loan players & subsidise wages even when they appear to have little or no chance of playing for us.

Tosun seemed a strange one
I don't think it's a matter of Everton not wanting to. You need takers and even with a subsidised wage the loaning club may still think they have a better use for their money or limited squad registration places depending what league they're in. Clubs can only have so many loans as well - PL Clubs can only have 2 loans in at any one time (look how the seemingly wasteful signing of El Ghazi subsequently limited options in January) and it varies from league to league.

Tosun did go out to Palace and Besiktas and both spells were curtailed by injury. That won't be encouraging for a club looking to utilise their limited loan spaces and squad numbers in the best way possible.

So small time. lol lol

Has he even done an interview with the club media yet? Given how awful things have been, from the academy through to first team signings it would be nice to know what the plan is.
ANY communication from within the Hallowed Halls of Everton would be WELCOME at present,

The level of comms coming out from Everton is appalling.

Even if they just rang to say "Hi" :D

Got to be worst run club, ah well we had to be good at being bad I guess(n)

I don't think it's a matter of Everton not wanting to. You need takers and even with a subsidised wage the loaning club may still think they have a better use for their money or limited squad registration places depending what league they're in. Clubs can only have so many loans as well - PL Clubs can only have 2 loans in at any one time (look how the seemingly wasteful signing of El Ghazi subsequently limited options in January) and it varies from league to league.

Tosun did go out to Palace and Besiktas and both spells were curtailed by injury. That won't be encouraging for a club looking to utilise their limited loan spaces and squad numbers in the best way possible.
I get that but bolasie may have went to sporting and boro but he was never getting a game here and from memory multiple other loan moves broke down over wages. Another club paying £5k a week is 100% profit on a player contributing nothing. Although tosun went out twice he has also has multiple loan moves collapse over wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back