Last Film You Watched

Recently was surprisingly impressed by modern CGI-fest blockbusters, enhanced by 3D-Bluray on big projector screen:

Ready Player One - despite it being overly reverential of pop culture, and its spielbergian emoting, this film was massive fun to watch. 9/10.

War for the Planet of the Apes - almost didn't bother with this as the first two were meh...but wow, this is a seriously high-end production, looks incredible in 3D. Lags in the middle, but the Apocalypse Now vibes add a point back. Easily the strongest entry in the trilogy. 8/10.

It was EXACTLY like watching an Everton game

You go in with expectations, after 5 minutes you know what’s going to happen and the spend the next 85 minutes waiting for it to end

Then fume once it’s over
I'm usually angry at myself for putting me through it all over again. One'd think PTSD subsides, it don't!

View attachment 216608

After Midnight

So.... hmm... this is kind of a weird one. Its a very low budget, lo-fi mix of indie romance and sci-fi horror and unsurprisingly its a mixed bag. The small cast are excellent, its really well shot, the location (Georgia maybe?) looks terrific. Dialogue is really good, direction is tight, FX not bad at all. Great soundtrack.
It is a compelling watch, centred around the lead being trapped in the house by a creature after his girlfriend up and leaves. Its chock full of full of plot holes, and the finale, while it doesn't take either of the somewhat telegraphed explanations does leave you a bit nonplussed.

I'd recommend, but at the time couldn't really argue if anyone said - ste that's crap mate.

On Prime. @COYBL25

Watched this last night.

Your description of it is spot on.

I really enjoyed some of it and thought other bits were woefully bad, especially the ending.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back