Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave you think putting 2 of the younger lads in the team would make us stronger defensively just because of their pace? I think the art of defending is lot more than having the pace to recover from a quick striker or winger.. Positioning, awareness, aggression
You cant position yourself intelligently on the half way line with two defenders who'll have the arse ripped out of them back peddling from there. And the half way line is where out backline needs to be for us to dominate.

Imagine being an Everton fan and spending your days abusing outstanding servants and players like Leighton Baines.

Then suggesting utter yard dogs like Funes Mori to come in and take his place.

I wouldnt bother getting up in the mornings.
I give up now :hayee:

Every time i think 'maybe Baines is past it, he's not that good anymore', I then watch Oviedo Galloway Garbutt or Funes Mori try to play left back and realise they are nowhere near Baines. When he's gone some people will realise what a brilliant player he is. He was once close to world class quality, but even now he's still comfortably one of the best LBs in the league and certainly the best at Everton.

Every time i think 'maybe Baines is past it, he's not that good anymore', I then watch Oviedo Galloway Garbutt or Funes Mori try to play left back and realise they are nowhere near Baines. When he's gone some people will realise what a brilliant player he is. He was once close to world class quality, but even now he's still comfortably one of the best LBs in the league and certainly the best at Everton.
I think every Evertonian thinks the same except one!!!

Imagine being an Everton fan and spending your days abusing outstanding servants and players like Leighton Baines.

Then suggesting utter yard dogs like Funes Mori to come in and take his place.

I wouldnt bother getting up in the mornings.

I consider winners as 'outstanding servants'. He is not a winner. And he likely never will be. The Everton players who won things with the club must piss themselves to see such accolades placed on him. In fact, it's a symbol of just how far we've been distanced from the top table that statements like yours can be made.

Ray Wilson; Sandy Brown; John Bailey; Pat Van den Hauwe; Paul Power; Gary Ablett.

Names like that are 'outstanding' as left backs.

Baines is a player who, as really an adapted winger, hit on a partnership with a hard working Pienaar and was able for a few seasons to play some memorable matches going forward.

That's it.

I maybe have a more exacting criteria to fill than you for heroes. Your's let's a lot of people in who really aren't up to the mark.

I consider winners as 'outstanding servants'. He is not a winner. And he likely never will be. The Everton players who won things with the club must piss themselves to see such accolades placed on him. In fact, it's a symbol of just how far we've been distanced from the top table that statements like yours can be made.

Ray Wilson; Sandy Brown; John Bailey; Pat Van den Hauwe; Paul Power; Gary Ablett.

Come on David - Like all those great players you mentioned, Baines can't win a trophy on his own, can he?

Cut him some slack, eh?

Come on David - Like all those great players you mentioned, Baines can't win a trophy on his own, can he?

Cut him some slack, eh?

If he was that good then he'd have been cherry picked from us years ago. United offered a paltry £7M for him and it was no go...and they only enquired because that divvy Moyes was in charge for his catastrophic single season.

If he was that good then he'd have been cherry picked from us years ago. United offered a paltry £7M for him and it was no go...and they only enquired because that divvy Moyes was in charge for his catastrophic single season.

Oh.

Ok then. That's one of your many benchmarks, is it? If arsene or jose or SAF don't want him...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-Sir-Alex-ferguson-ponders-left-options.html

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...all-news/sir-alex-ferguson-targets-12m-689048

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nal-want-Leighton-Baines-Everton-For-10m.html

Baines is a player who, as really an adapted winger, hit on a partnership with a hard working Pienaar and was able for a few seasons to play some memorable matches going forward.

That's it.

I maybe have a more exacting criteria to fill than you for heroes. Your's let's a lot of people in who really aren't up to the mark.

You really dont think he has been a great servant to the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back