Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a little disingenuous - the issue in that game was that the ref and VAR missed a fairly obvious red card for Kane and a blatant pen against Jota. Just as they did the pen we should have had v City. We had some hard lines today but let's not be silly. There isn't some great conspiracy against Everton - we've made life incredibly difficult for ourselves over a number of seasons. Today is done - we didn't trouble their keeper but we showed fight that we can take into the next one.

Oh sorry mate yes your right how could I have forgotten that Kane should have been sent off, it was on the news for 2 days as well!!!.

Silly me for thinking we should have had a pen and the rs should have had 2 red cards. Yep, we've been crap all season so 100% it must not be a pen and it must not have been 2 red cards I missed today.

Thanks for clearing that up mate, voice of reason and all that.

The original post said Klopp raged at the ref in the Spurs-Liverpool for sending off Robertson when that was obviously wasn't the reason.

Oh so just to confirm you know Klopp was arguing about Kane not getting sent off and that's why he said to the ref "why have you got it in for me"???

Thanks again mate for clearing that up, your on fire tonight with clearing those 2 things up for me.

We were up against the best RS team in history and probably one of the best teams in world football right now. They just trounced Man Utd by an aggregate scoreline of 9-0 over two games. There’s no shame in losing to them. As Carragher said: had the officials not made that mistake in regard to the penalty decision in the second half we likely go 1-0 up and we possibly get something out of the game.

If we beat Chelsea we have a great chance of avoiding disaster because I see us winning our remaining two home games too… if the crowd are up for it!

I don’t think people have grasped how serious relegation would be. Some have said “oh it’ll enable us to rebuild and get rid of our dead wood.” Who wants to sign dead wood (who are on top Dollar by the way) from a team that’s just been relegated? Possibly a League One one club. But why would our dead wood agree to play for a League One club for about £5k a week? The dead wood will stay and continue taking their massive money.

The only ones who will go are Richarlison, Gordon, Branthwaite and anyone else who’s any good - and they’ll go for a pittance because everyone will know how desperate we are to get the wage bill down. There’s talk of Newcastle being interested in Richarlison for £15million. Fifteen million!

One thing I realised earlier was how much smaller as a club we will be and now diminished our fan base will be if we go down. Earlier I said to my young son, who knows his onions when it comes to top-flight football “We might be playing Sheffield Wednesday if we go down. My first game was Sheffield Wednesday.” My lad had never heard of Sheffield Wednesday. And why would he have heard of them? When was the last time you saw a championship game on the telly or saw the top pundits even mention the championship? The deluded reds are fond of singing “the city’s all ours.” Well it will be if we go down. The questions is will we do a Leeds or a Forest or a Sheffield Wednesday, or will it be much worse because we’re so heavily indebted and are making such huge losses?

Jermaine Jenas and Micah Richards on Match of the Day didn't award us the should've had a penalty award.

They didn't really show the fingerpoke of doom either. Cancelling my licence.

We were up against the best RS team in history and probably one of the best teams in world football right now. They just trounced Man Utd by an aggregate scoreline of 9-0 over two games. There’s no shame in losing to them. As Carragher said: had the officials not made that mistake in regard to the penalty decision in the second half we likely go 1-0 up and we possibly get something out of the game.

If we beat Chelsea we have a great chance of avoiding disaster because I see us winning our remaining two home games too… if the crowd are up for it!

I don’t think people have grasped how serious relegation would be. Some have said “oh it’ll enable us to rebuild and get rid of our dead wood.” Who wants to sign dead wood (who are on top Dollar by the way) from a team that’s just been relegated? Possibly a League One one club. But why would our dead wood agree to play for a League One club for about £5k a week? The dead wood will stay and continue taking their massive money.

The only ones who will go are Richarlison, Gordon, Branthwaite and anyone else who’s any good - and they’ll go for a pittance because everyone will know how desperate we are to get the wage bill down. There’s talk of Newcastle being interested in Richarlison for £15million. Fifteen million!

One thing I realised earlier was how much smaller as a club we will be and now diminished our fan base will be if we go down. Earlier I said to my young son, who knows his onions when it comes to top-flight football “We might be playing Sheffield Wednesday if we go down. My first game was Sheffield Wednesday.” My lad had never heard of Sheffield Wednesday. And why would he have heard of them? When was the last time you saw a championship game on the telly or saw the top pundits even mention the championship? The deluded reds are fond of singing “the city’s all ours.” Well it will be if we go down. The questions is will we do a Leeds or a Forest or a Sheffield Wednesday, or will it be much worse because we’re so heavily indebted and are making such huge losses?
But nobody will die, and life will go on.

We will either avoid relegation or be relegated; simplistic I know.

So, relax and take your wife out for a nice dinner.

Enjoy your evening.

Was at the game. Too upset to post before now. Push on Gordon was a penalty in any other game in any other stadium. Mane should have been sent off. I have no idea what Lampard was thinking when he moved Gordon. Gutted to be in the relegation zone for the first time since Silva was sacked in December 2019. With only six games left it could be that today was the last derby for a couple of years or maybe longer. Still haven’t given up hope of survival but I may be delusional.

we didn't play bad, played some team footie and had a couple chances. this was pretty much a nailed on L. I think 9 pts can get us to safety w/ a bit of luck, we just have to find them.

He’s a proper unit too.

Seems to have bulked up since he arrived here and is one of the few who genuinely plays like he cares.
5-figures a week (if not 6!!!) for 90 minutes commitment to his job. Gee, I wonder where we'll put his statue...

Effort and commitment and relentlessness should be absolute minimum; bog-standard requirements for every player, from 1 to 90. Not applauded or lauded.

(TBF, he did well. Mind you, I suppose that's what seperates the absolute best from mere chumps who exist to be fodder for winners).

One thing I realised earlier was how much smaller as a club we will be and now diminished our fan base will be if we go down. Earlier I said to my young son, who knows his onions when it comes to top-flight football “We might be playing Sheffield Wednesday if we go down. My first game was Sheffield Wednesday.” My lad had never heard of Sheffield Wednesday. And why would he have heard of them? When was the last time you saw a championship game on the telly or saw the top pundits even mention the championship? The deluded reds are fond of singing “the city’s all ours.” Well it will be if we go down. The questions is will we do a Leeds or a Forest or a Sheffield Wednesday, or will it be much worse because we’re so heavily indebted and are making such huge los

Jermaine Jenas and Micah Richards on Match of the Day didn't award us the should've had a penalty award.

They didn't really show the fingerpoke of doom either. Cancelling my licence.
You put yourself through that ?? Watching recordings of Live at the Apollo - trying to get a smile

Status
Not open for further replies.