2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea’s first choice left back is out for the season and you never know if a player will recover after an injury like that.

Their back up left back is 31 and, although effective, not top drawer.

I think it would make a lot of sense for them. Especially as Digne would probably take a pay cut to live in London for the CL holders.

Players don't join a club like Chelsea to take a pay cut

£25m isn’t a great fee but isn’t bad either.

It’s probably the going rate given his big wages and the fact we’ve publicised that he’s no longer wanted. Ultimately he’s 29 in 6 months and we’re in no position to hold onto players who will lose value in the near future.

The big downside is selling a great player to Villa. They’re a good outfit with a progressive manager (as much as I can’t stand him).

Villa’s team with Coutinho and Digne added are better than us, and shows the difference between an effective set up and what we have.

I’m actually surprised there aren’t better teams in for Digne. He’d clean up at Chelsea and I think they’re missing a trick not getting him.

I’m also surprised by how many suddenly don’t rate him. He’s a top player who’s been wasted with our tactics ever since that first 10 games last season. Since then we’ve played terrible football and not played to his strengths.
£30m is ok. £25m is a bit meh. They paid £25m for a 29 years old Ings.

Cheeky get.
Being on the bevvie and Lemo may have had an effect on your career.

5BC41CB7-C059-481E-83E7-0159E72634F3.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back