Man City 0-2 Everton 25th February 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it was down to 1 man was it?:lol: Dont talk utter nonsense

Yes it is largely down to one man. We defend better without Hibbert than with him, that was my point. Defending is about stopping the other team from scoring, we do that better without Hibbert than with him. This is a fact.

I think it's common knowledge that if you want a defender to shut down an opposing player, Hibbert's your man.

Neville can play in back but I've never seen him neutralize a player the way Hibbert can.

Granted, Neville has historically been a better attacking player than Hibbert but Neville's form on the ball lately has been just as bad as Hibbert.

Last night's match was taylor made for Hibbo with Petrov arguably being City's most dangerous attacking player.

Yes it is largely down to one man. We defend better without Hibbert than with him, that was my point. Defending is about stopping the other team from scoring, we do that better without Hibbert than with him. This is a fact.

This is your utter nonsense, not a fact.

Hibbo has now on 2 occasions shut out Citys best player, Petrov and he got so frustrated last night he got sent off.
Hibbo is a superb defender, if only his forward play was better he would be a great player

I will say that Neville was much, much better on the ball last night in the midfield. I believe that was primarily due to having to make quick decisions with the ball and not having time to ponder what to do with it.

When he has too much time on it, he turns it into a 50/50 ball or worse.

This is your utter nonsense, not a fact.

Hibbo has now on 2 occasions shut out Citys best player, Petrov and he got so frustrated last night he got sent off.
Hibbo is a superb defender, if only his forward play was better he would be a great player

It is a fact taken from premierleague.com. Are you one of these people that feels the need to have the last word in every discussion? That's very sad.

It is a fact taken from premierleague.com. Are you one of these people that feels the need to have the last word in every discussion? That's very sad.

How many were his fault? Or are you just looking for any reason to blame him? Thats just silly, sooner kipper gets back up the better

He had a very good game but he is still nowhere near good enough. He is scared of having the ball at his feet. That should be anathema to the kind of team we want to be. And I think the idea that he is some great defender is a myth. Look at the stats for the league this season:

1334 minutes played with Hibbert in defence, 18 goals conceded, that's 1 every 74.1 minutes.

1096 minutes without him, 5 goals conceded, 1 every 219.2 minutes.

He is the definition of a weak link.

The games he didn't play in were against Bolton 2ce, Derby, Birmingham, Sunderland, Portsmouth (who couldn't score at all at home at the time), Fulham, West Ham, Blackburn and Reading. More than half (11) the goals conceded when he was playing were against Utd Arsenal Liverpool and Villa. There's is a big difference between the sides played when he wasn't playing and when he was so you're stats are just bollocks. According to stats Phil Neville is also the 36th best player in the Premiership. My stats prove that stats can lie. My stats may also be lieing so. :lol:

Rory. I want to be sure that I'm hearing you correctly.

Are you saying that the RB position is our weakest? If you are, most of us would agree with you. Many have been saying for some time now that RB is the position that is most in need of an upgrade.

If you're saying that Neville is a better defender than Hibbert, then I think most would take issue with that. I never worry about Hibbert's defense, NEVER. I worry about his offensive capabilities but then again, no player is perfect and he gets the job done in back. That's what Moyes selects him for.

The games he didn't play in were against Bolton 2ce, Derby, Birmingham, Sunderland, Portsmouth (who couldn't score at all at home at the time), Fulham, West Ham, Blackburn and Reading. More than half (11) the goals conceded when he was playing were against Utd Arsenal Liverpool and Villa. There's is a big difference between the sides played when he wasn't playing and when he was so you're stats are just bollocks. According to stats Phil Neville is also the 36th best player in the Premiership. My stats prove that stats can lie. My stats may also be lieing so. :lol:

My stats have been [Poor language removed] of late.

My stats have been [Poor language removed] of late.

Phil Neville is seen by many of our fans as our worst player so how he is 36th (in the actim stats which also come from premierleague.com) just proves that stats can lie and don't believe everything you read on premierleague.com as absolute "fact". Is what I meant.

The difference in the quality of sides played is nowhere near as big as the difference in the amount of goals conceded with him in the team. We concede almost three times more often with him in the team. Those teams are not scoring 3 times the amount of goals.

The difference in the quality of sides played is nowhere near as big as the difference in the amount of goals conceded with him in the team. We concede almost three times more often with him in the team. Those teams are not scoring 3 times the amount of goals.

How many were his fault? I am waiting.

Rory. I want to be sure that I'm hearing you correctly.

Are you saying that the RB position is our weakest? If you are, most of us would agree with you. Many have been saying for some time now that RB is the position that is most in need of an upgrade.

If you're saying that Neville is a better defender than Hibbert, then I think most would take issue with that. I never worry about Hibbert's defense, NEVER. I worry about his offensive capabilities but then again, no player is perfect and he gets the job done in back. That's what Moyes selects him for.

You don't worry about Hibbert's defence on the numerous occasions he lets the ball bounce right over his head? Were you not worried when he [Poor language removed] out of a challenge with Voronin against Liverpool and ten seconds later they had a penalty? Is he a better defender than Neville? Maybe, probably. Do we defend better with him in the team? No. Maybe the other defenders have less confidence in him, maybe we give the ball away even more, I don't know what it is exactly. The difference between him and Neville defensively is nowhere near as big as the difference between him and Neville offensively. Hibbert detracts more than he adds to the team. And yes I would like to see us get a new right back, although not if it meant Neville moving back into midfield, which it probably would.

How many were his fault? I am waiting.
You can blame him for the goals conceded to Wigan at home, Man U at home (Didn't attack the ball), and both goals against Liverpool if you like. It's irrelevant really, the point was about our defending as a team and not as individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back