Man City 0-2 Everton 25th February 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
chimbonda is on the out at spurs.

as for hibbert, i like him and have said so before. one of the best tacklers in the squad, and has more pace than neville too.

need neville though because of his work ethic and willingness to kick arses when needed. such organisation is essential. can put a foot and a good cross in.

as usual, the 11 selected depend on who we are facing.

There are Lies, Damn Lies and STATISTICS

You show me an apple, and I can show you statistics proving it is an orange.

Why not man up and say "In my opinion...." instead of manipulating some stats to back yourself up.

Have to agree Suits on Hibbo being a great tackler. He is throw back of the fifties and sixties type. Academy boy just seems to lack pace and control.

Neville brings a presence and is doing a little better. Unfortunate on that cracker just after half-time not hitting the target. He needs another good strike before year end.

Maybe the problem of letting more goals in when Hibbert's at RB than Neville is nothing to do with their individual defensive capabilities. Possibly it's coz he gives more balls away when he's got possesion, thus giving the initiative to the opposition. Although the goal won't come from an attack down our right channel. Or maybe it's that the defense plays better as a whole with Neville at right back, from where he can marshall things better. Or maybe it's coz when he's in the team, Neville's generally in MF where he's generally crap, and the extra goals have their origin in f... ups in midfield. One thing for sure,
Everton are magic.

played well at wigan. gone off the boil at spurs, but that might have something to do with no king, dawson, gardner, and no real stability in net either.

a decent player doesnt become poor overnight.

played well at wigan. gone off the boil at spurs, but that might have something to do with no king, dawson, gardner, and no real stability in net either.

Not bringing his ability into question, his attitude absolutely stinks and wouldnt fit into our team

His attitude is seriously appauling. He is a stain and it would be terrible business to bring him in, seriously he is a detestable player. The way he handled himself at Wigan and then, even more shocking at Tottenham who are a big club, was terrible.
We can do much, much better than him.

you have both pointed out about his attitude.

i think he was let down at wigan, he saw a player exodus and big money in the capital and said 'me too'.

in terms of whats happened at spurs, he has been made something of a scapegoat for their many defensive frailties.

if i remember rightly i mentioned at the time and since that a certain aiyegbene yakubu had something of an attitude issue, and moyes appears to have brought something like the best out of him so far.

heavens, consider the enigma that is munny fernandes and the very questionable circumstances surrounding him.

french international, still under 30. we dont have any other frenchies to help him settle in though. how many are in the area for other NW sides?

Thought that was almost the perfect away performance on Monday, tactically Moyes was superb in every department. And when the inventiveness and ingenuity of the players needed to be called upon, they provided. It's the sign of a good performance when you have several man of the match contenders and it was true of this game; personally, Jagielka, Carsley, Yakubu and Cahill were our stars last night. That isnt to say the others had bad games by any means, its just they werent as impressive as the others were (all 9/10s in my book). Osman, Yobo, Howard, Lescott, Hibbert they were all great and didnt put a foot wrong. Pienaar kept the ball moving superbly, what a player he is turning out to be, and even Neville played well (!)

To be a good manager you need to make bold decisions - leaving Andy Johnson out, despite the protestations of many fans, was an excellent decision. 4-5-1 suits us perfectly and this is no denying that it provides a great platform to play our best football. Yakubu gave a master class in forward play and terrorised two of what I thought were the best centrebacks in the business. The first goal, the neat 1-2 between Yakubu and Cahill was excellent. And Carlsey's cross for the 2nd was a peach.

Before this match I always believed we could win, but never thought we could contain them and dominate the match throughout with such ease and familiarity. Familiar, in a sense that we have become accustomed to dealing with teams like this away from home. I can recall similar performances at West Ham (0-2), Nuremburg (0-2), Brann (0-2), Middlesbrough (0-2) and Spurs (1-3). Before Monday I didnt think it possible, but now I am convinced: we CAN finish 4th.

We have built our success on a literally superb defence (Lescott, Yobo and Jagielka were once again a highly proffesional outfit at the back), an interchangeable and creative midfield (the runs of Pienaar, Cahill and Osman, supplied with Artetas creativity and Carsley in the holding role, has been an excellent combination), and one of the Premiership's best centre forwards: the Yak. We have done this kind of proffesional job, not to an average Norweigan side like last week, but one of this season's best English club, who have done the double over United, and were one of our main rivals for the Champions League. We dismantled them. Why can't we do the same to Liverpool in a month's time? I leave you with that thought.
The Anfield Derby win is well within our current ability.

Maybe the problem of letting more goals in when Hibbert's at RB than Neville is nothing to do with their individual defensive capabilities. Possibly it's coz he gives more balls away when he's got possesion, thus giving the initiative to the opposition. Although the goal won't come from an attack down our right channel. Or maybe it's that the defense plays better as a whole with Neville at right back, from where he can marshall things better. Or maybe it's coz when he's in the team, Neville's generally in MF where he's generally crap, and the extra goals have their origin in f... ups in midfield. One thing for sure,
Everton are magic.

Exactly mate. Both have the uncanny ability of clearing the lines to a player that doesn't wear a blue shirt most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back